MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Kool April Nites(long) (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=23054)

tinner 04-30-2002 09:21 PM

Kool April Nites(long)

Keep in mind I am a sheetmetal worker not a writer.

Well me and some friends when to my home town (Redding Ca.) for a car show. It was me , a freind in his 68 mustang w/ a 428cj and a nuther freind in a 68 camaro W/ a 350. The guy in the camaro had been talking crap 4 at least month , convinced the he would rape me and take the 428 stang in a close race.

Well he raced the 68 stang first it was ugly the stang had him by at least 15 car links at around 75 when the camaro gave up . He said it was time to redeem him self and looked my way. We lined up , my cousin flaged us and caught us both off gaurd we both spun got out of the gas and got back in to it. After a bad start he had a few feet on me I made that up high in first , stayed even until high in 2nd where I pulled a few feet ahead then a few more feet at the top of third. I shut down first at around 95 w/ his front tire at my back bumper . He cried exuses all weekend :D

I tried the 68 stang next knowing what would happen . I launched good , he spun bad but still kept even W/ me He hooked and ran away far away.

StoplightWarrior 04-30-2002 11:07 PM

Cool, good to see the older stangs still representing!

MetalHead 04-30-2002 11:35 PM

oh man

man i wanted to go to that so bad. I play on the Cal State Monterey baseball team and we were up in Redding on the saturday before last for a double header against Simpson and when i got there the coach of the Simpson team told me about Kool April nites, and that it was that night. i wanted to kick my own *** because i drove all the way up to Redding on the right day, but didn't drive my mustang! So when the games were over i just headed back home with the rest of the team. bummer...

tinner 05-06-2002 11:14 PM

Yea you missed out it was a dream weekend 4 street racers and a good weekend at the track. I took my car to the drags 4 the first time I only ran once. Maybe some of u guys can help me I ran a 15.697 w/a 2.8 60' I spun bad. If I got that to 2.1 or 2.2 What do think I would run?

ps . I have some pics of the 428cj stang in the link under my sig , check it out its a nice car.

sedanman 05-07-2002 07:53 PM

First GOOD KILL, way to shut down that camaro.

Quote:

Originally posted by tinner
Maybe some of u guys can help me I ran a 15.697 w/a 2.8 60' I spun bad. If I got that to 2.1 or 2.2 What do think I would run?

First if you cut a 2.1 60ft you would probably run a 14.8 or so. A 2.1 should be doable with a little practice. Also what was your MPH on that run? The mph will show how well you run from a roll, and how much power you have.

tinner 05-07-2002 08:16 PM

88.75 mph that is another part of the run I wasn't going to talk about . I let off the gas the last 20' of the track , I was tacking out . I would have held it if I hadn't f-up the launch o-well there is always next time.