View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 10:19 PM   #12
20LbsBoost

No, the go-go juice shouldn't count. I don't consider that power adder a part of your typically quick daily driver. When I mean daily driver I'm talking about the same type of driving you typically see with the car you use on a daily basis with the same type of care and maintenance. NOS for power requires constant fill-ups after several uses. Something your wife wouldn't be interested in keeping up with. That's outside the boundaries of simple oil changes and gas fill ups.

I suppose I should have included a detailed description of "daily driver" to include the type of maintenance and care you'd give your typical 4 cyl Grand Am. That would be the occaisional stop at the car wash, 3000 mile oil change and regular stops for gas. It would be a car you'd put 12,000-15,000 miles a year on, pick up the kids from school, go to the mall, pick up mom at the airport 45 minutes away, go back and forth to work and sit in rush hour traffic and is (what you'd consider) quick at the stop-light-wars that would ensue in the mean time. That to me is your regular quick daily driver.

I don't care if you consider this a Delorean, '69 Mach I, Porche 911 turbo, or Chevrolet Safari satation wagon. I'm not going to get into the type of car one chooses but it'd need to be a daily driver one would live with as described above. If you think you could do all that with the car you outlined, then that's the car you choose.

Simple? Let's hear it!....