View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 08:07 PM   #35
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
There is a big difference between a leased 4 banger S-10 and a person's beloved stang. People are willing to go a little farther for a special car. My neighbor washes his truck with dish-soap and a dirty rag. Does that mean that I shouldn't take 2 hours detailing mine?
N2O requires special attention?, your talking about a 10 minute stop once every week or two. Wouldn't that cool down time for your turbo be "special attention"?
One of my friends has a 150hp shot on his Firebird. It is his dailey driver, he has no other car. When he sprays a guy, he just whooped him in his dailey driver. So YES N2O DOES count.

Shouldn't the definition of a daily driver be......oh I don't know....the car you drive everyday?
Lets not confuse the issue here. It's what a daily driver is, not cleanliness, type of cosmetic care, style or choice of car.

- Agreed, there's a huge difference between the beloved Mustang and an S-10, but not in the definition of "daily driver".

- NOS requires a "10 minute stop" which sets it apart from any standard run-of-the-mill car's ability to get moving. Lets not blur the lines.

- I'm not familiar with a "cool down time" and have never used it on any of my cars, anytime. If a power adder requires that "cool down time" in the stop light wars then that's not what I'd consider a quick daily driver either.

In my opinion if you answer YES to any of these questions, it doesn't qualify as a daily driver (to me):
- Does it requre anything more than gas and regular scheduled maintenance just as the gentleman described his Corvette above?

- Would you drive it any day of the week, any week of the year with the above described maintenance and gladly engage in stoplight wars anytime, anywhere without "special treatment"?

Some examples of "special treatment" to make your car fast for daily driving would include:
Elimination of windshield wipers
Non DOT tires
Forced induction not suitable for wet-weather
Alcohol Injection
NOS
Ice packed intercoolers
Inability/unwillingness to drive it in the weather

Remember, the thread topic was about gathering opinions on how fast a daily driver street car should run.

Maybe I can't get my message across properly. Just look at a 2003 Ford Probe's regular annual maintenance, does that match that of your daily driver?

Last edited by 20LbsBoost; 11-25-2002 at 08:21 PM..