MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 11-12-2002, 01:44 AM   #41
fastang
Registered Member

YES, Inferno, thats the point. Thats why this car and concept is different than the others. Mopar is encouraging modification. Not only that but theyre severely underrating the car just like the LS1. There also wont be very many of them on the road...which makes them quite unique. Not every moron will be able to own one. The stage II kit should be able to give an LS1 a damn good run and hit 12's with some sticky tires. Stage III will definitley be good for 12 second times but not street legal......so get the stage II kit, add the cat-less downpipe yourself and squeeze a 50 shot. Just replace the pipe and keep your warranty.
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 01:51 AM   #42
fastang
Registered Member

I'd like to make a correction, Automobile mag got a 14.0 @ 102 mph not 14.2 as I had previously stated.
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 12:42 PM   #43
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Hmm.. not bad sounding car but I don't think I'll ever own a Dodge, or a Neon. They just arn't my type of car. But hell it doesn't stop anyone driving one. Everyone has there own preferance. I'd love to have the WRX. Has anyone seen there new model? Looks pretty sharp! Also I wouldn't mind taking the new Protege Speed coming out. It's modified by Callaway, it's not that bad looking car and performance isn't overly bad. It's a limited production car though. Seems like motor companies are coming out with 4cly. turbos. Which is pretty cool, since they have alittle kick to them.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 12:19 PM   #44
jdubs99
Registered Member

Hahn is running a 420a neon on stock internals at around 370 right now, alot of components in that engine, I know at least the head, were designed by McClaren. Many of the chrysler designed 4-cylinders can handle 15 pounds on stock internals if the air/fuel is tuned correctly. I think that throws the unreliable belief out the window. Most of chryslers reliability issues come from the Mitsubishi designed engines, not the American designs.

I was going to buy a 4 banger avenger, and the stage III turbo kit from hahn, but a V8 Mustang seems like the next obvious choice for me.
jdubs99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 02:36 PM   #45
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Coupe50h
Ok smart guy, i wont defend the "peeon" but are you saying all mopar are junk? you mean performance, or reliability?

heh, the hemi wouldnt be exactly reliable with its high compression race intentions, what about the 383-440 bigblocks that could tear into a hemi just as well,(when built) and heard many stories about the ole 318 lasting over 200k miles.

so saying thats the only thing chrysler did good, is dumb, since you obviously dont know enough info to be knocking all mopar engines. The 2.4 probaly is crap, and i wouldnt own a 2.? liter anything, anyone makes.
well i have nothing against old mopars. that is when Chrysler knew how to build an engine. Yes, i do believe the best motor ever was the the Hemi. i dont know about the new Hemi, so therefor i cant say anything about it and also it is new to the market. give it time.

evidentally you dont work on Chryslers for a living. THEY ARE JUNK! regaurdless of how fast it is how fast it can be, most wont last without a major repair!

As for dumb, your the one defending it, but wont own a "2.? liter anything" because you believe bigger is better, dont you?

name one motor 1980 on up that Chrysler made that was good? can you? if so, the only one i can agree with you on is the FI 3.9 Dakota motor, the rest are junk!

Cant wait till he mentions the V10! that is the motor everyone can afford!
Old 11-17-2002, 06:44 PM   #46
jdubs99
Registered Member

*cough*420a*cough*
Old 11-18-2002, 03:42 PM   #47
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by jdubs99
Hahn is running a 420a neon on stock internals at around 370 right now, alot of components in that engine, I know at least the head, were designed by McClaren. Many of the chrysler designed 4-cylinders can handle 15 pounds on stock internals if the air/fuel is tuned correctly. I think that throws the unreliable belief out the window. Most of chryslers reliability issues come from the Mitsubishi designed engines, not the American designs.

I was going to buy a 4 banger avenger, and the stage III turbo kit from hahn, but a V8 Mustang seems like the next obvious choice for me.
Its funny that you say that with about the 420a and then say that the reliability issues come from Mitsu designed engines. Actually, it is the opposite. The Mopar engines have been the problem while the Mitsu engines have been more reliable. The 2.4 already isn't exactly known for its reliability and it isn't very old. Its going to be interesting to see how they survive with boost.
Old 11-18-2002, 04:25 PM   #48
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

BTW it was a 14.2 @102 not a 14.0. I bought that issue of car and driver to see what you were talking about.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 12:30 AM   #49
jdubs99
Registered Member

The 420a is a 2.0, not the 2.4. I won't argue with you over the 2.4, I see stratus' with the 2.4 at the dodge dealership all the time for service. I was just pointing out that all chrysler engines from the 80's and 90's were not junk, and I still stand behind my comments on the 2.0.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:38 AM   #50
inferno
The Instigator

I am very aware of the displacement and specs of the 420a. I just find it funny that you think that it was a dodge only design.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:34 PM   #51
jdubs99
Registered Member

I know that it wasn't a chrysler only engine as I stated above, chrysler subcontracted Mclaren to design the head, and obviously Mitsu had some work involved with it to get it into the RS/GS Eclipse.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:31 AM   #52
boogerlizard
Registered Member

Quote:
I work parts for a Dodge dealer and Im thinking about getting one. I will get it for 25 bucks over dealer cost and get all the performance crap like an LSD, boost controller/chip, for dealer cost. I think with drag radials and a boost controller this will hit some deep 13 second times and still keep that 7 year warranty. And dump on WRX's
sounds like they were on lsd when they tested this

i highly doubt those times..sorry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: