View Single Post
Old 11-18-2002, 03:42 PM   #47
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by jdubs99
Hahn is running a 420a neon on stock internals at around 370 right now, alot of components in that engine, I know at least the head, were designed by McClaren. Many of the chrysler designed 4-cylinders can handle 15 pounds on stock internals if the air/fuel is tuned correctly. I think that throws the unreliable belief out the window. Most of chryslers reliability issues come from the Mitsubishi designed engines, not the American designs.

I was going to buy a 4 banger avenger, and the stage III turbo kit from hahn, but a V8 Mustang seems like the next obvious choice for me.
Its funny that you say that with about the 420a and then say that the reliability issues come from Mitsu designed engines. Actually, it is the opposite. The Mopar engines have been the problem while the Mitsu engines have been more reliable. The 2.4 already isn't exactly known for its reliability and it isn't very old. Its going to be interesting to see how they survive with boost.