View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 12:36 PM   #29
inferno
The Instigator

Default A couple of comments.....

Performance parts are also available from some Subaru dealerships and can be installed without voiding the warranty. They might not be the cheapest prices, but it is still nice to see manufacturers doing that.

About the Neon, when the production car is finally available, it won't have the power of this car. Part of the reason why this car is making so much power is for testing of some of the performance upgrades available from Dodge. They have been making sure that the car can handle higher power levels therefore ensuring that the lower powered car will survive no matter what. Also, they are making sure that should they decide to offer upgrades in the Mopar catalog, that the upgrades do not compromise the engines reliability. Contrary to your belief fastang, not ALL of the upgrades in the Mopar Catalog are or will be covered under the original warranty.

Overall, this is just another alternative for people who are wanting decent power for a decent price. Everyone has their opinion on cars and they will buy what they like. What it really comes down to is your personal preference.

Geez, I never thought I'd see the day when I was defending a Neon, but oh well.