MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 03:18 PM   #1
BlueMust5089
Registered Member

Question What Makes you yell RICE!

I was just wondering what you think rice is? (mind you this is opinion not fact nor is it intended to start a forest fire). In my opinion rice is when someone takes a car ANY car chops the springs, adds a body kit, an overbearing exhaust (stangs with 1- chambers incl) and swears that they are faster that everything else. And I don't think just because its an import that makes it rice, there a quite a few nice fast civics and other small cars out there. one more thing do you still call them rice if they show out and hand you your ***? Discuss and remember be nice
Old 11-14-2002, 04:34 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Rice to me is taking a Honda civic putting loud exhaust on it and all of the sudden your a mustang/camaro destroyer and run 12's in the 1/4.

To me the car doesnt define rice the driver does. Ive lost track of how many 12 second imports Ive beaten with my mid 13 second Cobra

Later,
Old 11-14-2002, 04:42 PM   #3
this is not cbring
Registered Member

i have a friend that has a honda civic hatch. it has zero "power adders". it is covered with stickers and has a very loud open exhaust. it consistently tools and embarasses stock and modded mustangs and camaros.

we call it a "built solo II racer"
Old 11-14-2002, 05:36 PM   #4
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Haven't we discussed this already??

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
Old 11-14-2002, 05:43 PM   #5
lyonsd
Registered Member

Rice: You know it when you see it. 'Nuff said.

DAN-MAN, that's a cool avatar.
Check out the stuff I'm selling on ebay
Old 11-14-2002, 05:57 PM   #6
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
i have a friend that has a honda civic hatch. it has zero "power adders". it is covered with stickers and has a very loud open exhaust. it consistently tools and embarasses stock and modded mustangs and camaros.
OK, this is only the 300th time we've been over this....

A bone stock Honda Civic is NOT going to beat a bone stock Mustang GT in a straight line race.... period...

In most road tracks a bone stock GT will do better than a bone stock Civic Si.... Only in EXTREMELY tight courses will the stock Si have any advantage.

It has been tested, it has been proven. Please do not post "but if we added" statements....

All bets are off with mods, any mods, even mods that are not so called "power adders".

Thank You, drive through....
Old 11-14-2002, 06:27 PM   #7
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
OK, this is only the 300th time we've been over this....

A bone stock Honda Civic is NOT going to beat a bone stock Mustang GT in a straight line race.... period...

In most road tracks a bone stock GT will do better than a bone stock Civic Si.... Only in EXTREMELY tight courses will the stock Si have any advantage.

It has been tested, it has been proven. Please do not post "but if we added" statements....

All bets are off with mods, any mods, even mods that are not so called "power adders".

Thank You, drive through....
1) look up what solo II
2) this car is not "bone stock", it is a trailered car built to run SCCA events and not registered on the street. his stickers are contingency stickers
3)he has ran solo II for several years and has consistently ran better times than mustangs and camaros, in fact, over several years and hundreds of different cars, i can only recall one particular "saleen" that has ran better times that has ran better times than him on a constistent basis

in essence, whereas i don't see any glaring untruths in your statements, hammer.................they really have no relevance to what i'm talking about (which honestly has little relevance to this thread other than to say that stickers and loud exhaust don't necessarily = rice)
Old 11-14-2002, 07:05 PM   #8
Jthompson
Registered Member

Personally I think rice is an image. Although is mostly means a stickered/exhaust STOCK import, It can apply to an overly stickered/winged import that is fast too.

I would consider a fast honda IE a 12-14 second honda NOT rice if it has clean looking wheels, a clean wing, and nice paint, but no exotice stickers, etc..

Anything overboard on the visuals now is usually referred to rice.

I can respect ANY fast car american or import, because it keeps the sport alive.

Just knock that immature sticker/wing **** off.
1994 POS head gasket clubbed broke down T-bird with $6000 left to pay off
Old 11-14-2002, 07:35 PM   #9
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by this is not cbring
1) look up what solo II
2) this car is not "bone stock", it is a trailered car built to run SCCA events and not registered on the street. his stickers are contingency stickers
3)he has ran solo II for several years and has consistently ran better times than mustangs and camaros, in fact, over several years and hundreds of different cars, i can only recall one particular "saleen" that has ran better times that has ran better times than him on a constistent basis
WTF, LOL, what a moron. Ya pal let's compare a non street legal car with stock mustangs and Cameros

Quote:

in essence, whereas i don't see any glaring untruths in your statements, hammer.................they really have no relevance to what i'm talking about (which honestly has little relevance to this thread other than to say that stickers and loud exhaust don't necessarily = rice)
Maybe you should get off Hammers back. In the real world his post made sense. Did you not see this sentence that stated "All bets are off with mods..."

"glaring untruths" - WTF, can you be a bigger asswipe!

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew

Last edited by 95mustanggt; 11-14-2002 at 07:45 PM..
Old 11-14-2002, 07:38 PM   #10
95mustanggt
Registered Member

BTW

CLICK HERE FOR RICE

Old 11-14-2002, 07:52 PM   #11
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:

we call it a "built solo II racer"
this car is not "bone stock", it is a trailered car built to run SCCA events and not registered on the street. his stickers are contingency stickers

How many of the stock and modded mustangs your buddies car 'consistently embarasses' are autocross trailer queens?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Rice Haters Club Member #13

Last edited by The Deuce; 11-14-2002 at 08:56 PM..
Old 11-14-2002, 07:53 PM   #12
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Quote:
originally posted by lyonsd
DAN-MAN, that's a cool avatar.
Hey thanks dude. Yours is cool too.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
Old 11-14-2002, 08:16 PM   #13
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
in essence, whereas i don't see any glaring untruths in your statements, hammer
That's because I know what I'm talking about...

Quote:
they really have no relevance to what i'm talking about
Oh, it has relevance, just not to the specific thread.
I'm sure most of our regular members will figure it out...

As the Vegas dealer said, I'm out of this one...
Old 11-14-2002, 08:34 PM   #14
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Quote:
WTF, LOL, what a moron. Ya pal let's compare a non street legal car with stock mustangs and Cameros
why not?

1) they run the same course and they compete in the same overall standings
2) every single event i've been to, i've seen mustang and "camero" owners talk smack to him and call him a ricer.

you know what i've seen by many on this board?

if there is a race and the mustang guy beats a "ricer" and the ricer complains about more cylinders, more cubes, nitrous, whatever..........its a "run what you brung" world

but if the import guy knows what he is doing and properly prepares a vehicle for the particular contest, i see, "no fair, that car isn't street legal, that's a stupid comparison" or "it took 2 power adders to beat me, pretty weak, huh" or "if i spent that kind of money on my ride, i'd run 9's"

convenient double standard?

Quote:
How many of the stock and modded mustangs your buddies car 'consistently embarasses' are autocross trailer queens?

Yeah, that's what I though.
well, he's ran it in about 150 events. i've been to maybe 20. i recall 1 particular trailered fox body saleen that would consistently tool the field.

i recall 4 particular trailered mustangs that consistently post worse times. i'm sure there have been other in the 130 or so events that i missed.

is that what you "though"???

i don't expect to win any arguments here, because mustang is always right.

i appreciate the time and consideration given to me by most. i appreciate a good portion of the posts made. however, i am particularly disgusted by those who'd rather talk crap about the things they hate. and i am disgusted by those that refuse to give any credit to anything not mustang and desperately search for any reason at all to not give any credit.
Old 11-14-2002, 08:56 PM   #15
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
well, he's ran it in about 150 events. i've been to maybe 20. i recall 1 particular trailered fox body saleen that would consistently tool the field.

i recall 4 particular trailered mustangs that consistently post worse times. i'm sure there have been other in the 130 or so events that i missed.

is that what you "though"???

i appreciate the time and consideration given to me by most. i appreciate a good portion of the posts made. however, i am particularly disgusted by those who'd rather talk crap about the things they hate. andi am disgusted by those that refuse to give any credit to anything not mustang and desperately search for any reason at all to not give any credit.
Actually, that is what I thought. Excuse me for not having time to run freaking spell check on my posts while I'm trying to work for a decent living.

You mention him destroying Mustangs and Camaros. How much worse were the 4 Mustangs he beat? What that shows me is that the majority of the Mustangs you are comparing this car to are street driven. Am I right?

As for the 'double standard' you mention, why would someone take an economy car and dump a piss load of money into to make a race car? I don't really understand this idea. I wouldn't do it to a Tempo, so why do people do this to Accords? That's why the comments come out when someone who would otherwise know what they are doing builds a fast car on a chassis like that.

I am particularly disgusted by people who try to stir up crap on a Mustang site, whine when people call them on it, saying "PM me if you have a problem" then fail to respond to a PM discussing (dare I say) arguing in private as to not "showboat for your buddies"

Seems to me like someone wants in on a pissing contest, but they forgot to drink any water.

Why don't you ask your Monte questions on a GM site? Do they not like you there either??

Rice Haters Club Member #13
Old 11-14-2002, 09:03 PM   #16
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
why not?
I guess you could but that's like saying a Viper sucks because it can't take a La Mans purpose built race car in a road course

You know for a so called "unbiased, intelligent" person you are pretty stupid.

Quote:
No, but you are on a Mustang website, once again, wake up and smell the coffee numb nutz.

Quote:
however, i am particularly disgusted by those who'd rather talk crap about the things they hate. and i am disgusted by those that refuse to give any credit to anything not mustang and desperately search for any reason at all to not give any credit.
I hope you get so disgusted you decide to leave. MW would be a LOT better. No more whiny little b!tch punk crying because no one will agree with him. You are very selective in your arguements and once again have little to say by little snips and shots about Mustang owners on a Mustang Web site.

Sorry pal, I ain't caving, you're a little troll and I'm tired of your myshitdon'tstink attitude.

GO HOME

Old 11-14-2002, 09:06 PM   #17
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce

Seems to me like someone wants in on a pissing contest, but they forgot to drink any water.
LOL, that's a good one. This troll's probably bounced around 10 different web sites trying to peddle his crap. He probably got banded from the VW site, that's why he has to post on a Mustang Board

Old 11-14-2002, 09:54 PM   #18
BlueMust5089
Registered Member

OK did we not read the original question? You people are acting like ******* babies because not everyone in the world agrees with you. I asked for what makes a Ricer Right? If you aren't going to answer the question keep quiet there will be other times for you to push your agenda. Sorry to be a dick about it but it needed to be said.
Jay
Old 11-14-2002, 10:17 PM   #19
this is not cbring
Registered Member

what do i consider rice?

i try not to consider rice. i think the term is stupid. i try to concentrate my "car" time on learning autocross, finding out how to start road racing, small block chevy's, 20 valve turbos, and bs'ing with my friends.

unfortunately, i tend to get caught up in stupid arguments.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:35 PM   #20
slow98
Registered Member

Post rice

rice is that stuff chinese and japanese people tend to eat alot of,often times underneith other foods such as chicken low mein and moo goo gai pan...also i think there is a cereal called rice cripsies which is a crunchy dry form of rice you pour milk over and eat for breakfast,vitamin enriched ofcourse
1998 mustang gt/manual..373s,bbk offroad h pipe,flowmaster cat back,c&l 80 mm maf,steeda triax,eibach springs,steeda ud pulleys,upr timing adjuster,screamon demos coil packs,motorsports 9mm plug wires,steea aluminum lca's,steeda heavy duty uca's and just over 100 k on the clock
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: