View Single Post
Old 08-30-2001, 07:33 PM   #5
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Stock for stock a speed density stang WILL NOT SHOW a stock mass air car it's tail-lights. Also 75hp for $700 that is bad *** , 75hp is a BIG DIFFERENCE. Go with the newest one you can get. And to you saying one of the first mod's should be a bigger MASS AIR, I would advise against this for one of your first mod's. On a basically stock engine, even with exhaust , you will feel nothing, it's worthless. If your going to keep your stock shortblock, then I would suggest:
The heads is were the real HP is at!!!!!!!!!
But here are some idea's.

1: free flowing exhaust(doesn't add that much horsepower, but it'll make you feel better.)
2. Offroad H-pipe or X-pipe
3. gears

For street racing you will need excellent suspension mods. For the strip you will need good struts, shocks, and springs w/airbag...

WTF! You don't need excellent suspension to street race, and for the strip ehhhhh...Maybe some good drag shocks. You don't need a ****** spring with an airbag to have a good drag racer. Especially if you only have a few grand to spend after you get the car. And on the car, I would recommend getinng one without a Sunrookf, moonroof, t-tops etc...And Convertibles rattle, blah blah heavier, takes alot more to get them as fast as a non-vert with same mod's.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote