MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   EZRIDN Vs. M3 (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=25627)

EZRIDN 06-29-2002 08:11 PM

EZRIDN Vs. M3

Crusing home in the '86 GT today from the July 4th special at church when i pull up to a light next to a beautiful new M3 Conv. It was silver/black top and spotless, and we are the first two cars at the light. The guy was about 40 and he had a blonde in the pass. seat and a girl and a guy in the back. I did not expect him to run....

Light changes and I hear the M3 roasting the tires. I nail it after him and light the tires up, click 2nd and spin bad 3/4 of the way through the gear. I hear the M3 spinning too in 2nd and i begin to worry because he has pulled a fender on me while i was spinning and i know he will be hard to pull back on. 5K comes up and i powershift the 5.0 and get a hard bark out the tires and almost immediately pull a fender ahead of him. Top of 3rd i have him by about 3/4 of a car. Powershift 4th and pull ahead an easy car. I shut down b/c of a car ahead in the distance in my lane with me approximately 1 car ahead of the M3.

After the race he slowed down and gave me a thumbs up and a smile. The passengers were looking over at the '86 too :D he cruzed ahead and i again passed him slowly while he rolled his window down to give me a thumbs up and a wave out the window! I thought what a cool guy..:cool: i waved again with a quick honk and we headed our own ways.

Thought I would share. One of my best kills on the street I would have to say.

7up 06-29-2002 09:43 PM

Nice kill. Now you need to try and race him with just him in the car. j/k

I always wanted to race a newer M3, but I don't see many around these parts.

tinner 06-29-2002 09:50 PM

nice kill , hard to find cars like that run.:D

StoplightWarrior 06-30-2002 12:09 AM

Be proud, those cars run 13.3's@104. Good kill on the 333hp beast.

Rev 06-30-2002 03:46 PM

I'm wondering what an M3 vert with 4 people in it actually runs? Not taking away from EZ's experience, but these factors are real in an actual race. They really count a lot with small displacement high performance cars.

Rev

StoplightWarrior 06-30-2002 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rev
I'm wondering what an M3 vert with 4 people in it actually runs? Not taking away from EZ's experience, but these factors are real in an actual race. They really count a lot with small displacement high performance cars.

Rev

Yeah, for real. I can feel my stang gets slower when I have passengers in it. Weight is a huge factor in performance.

EZRIDN 06-30-2002 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rev

Rev

Slower than a 16 year old mustang. :rolleyes: This was an actual race and he started it with him getting the jump.

EZRIDN 06-30-2002 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
Be proud, those cars run 13.3's@104. Good kill on the 333hp beast.
Thanks man. I have seen one go low 13s once at Moroso. All the others i have seen are usually high 13 cars. It was a great feeling at the driver was so cool about it.

EZRIDN 06-30-2002 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tinner
nice kill , hard to find cars like that run.:D
I live in a very nice part of south florida so i see these cars daily. It is a great place to live. I was at the track today for example and saw a Viper 650R (30 day tags) and a new Porsche 911 Twin Turbo. Sweet cars.

Rev 06-30-2002 05:48 PM

It was a good kill EZ and I wasn't questioning the win. It does seem fair to discuss the factors that brought it about doesn't it?

Rev

sedanman 07-01-2002 01:33 AM

Nice Kill

I can't wait for my first run agianst one :D