MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-30-2002, 01:51 PM   #1
Rosco
Registered Member

Default Whatcha Think?

Well there's another kid in my local city that owns a stang. It's an LX 5.0, red with 2 white stripes, 3" cowl hood, saleen spoiler, chrome cobra R replicas, huge tach (looks like it's about as big as a round pizza from dominos) umm..And I really only think the actual mods he has are a B or E-303 Cam, and flowmasters. Not sure what kinda gears he has in it though. Saw him one night coming home from work so I sped up a little to catch up to him. We started from about 50mph I'm not sure if we were both in the same gear but I slammed it into 2nd (hehe...2.73's allows for crazy downshifts). Now consider that my engine and exhaust are stock as can be, I was beating this kid. I pulled about 2 cars on him before i started to slow down, his is std as well. Now I'm not sure what was going on? I followed him into a parking lot and I was looking at his car and stuff, and he was telling me about those couple mods. Now, my question is...I thought the LX's were faster then the GT's? I dunno, maybe it was the possibilty that I could have put it into 2nd? Whatcha guys all think?
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 02:20 PM   #2
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Thumbs up

Lx's aren't faster than the GT's. They are a little lighter, but the GT's ground effects, etc, make it more aerodynamic. Street racing all comes down to driver. Stock for stock, they will be dead even. Good kill!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: