View Single Post
Old 01-30-2001, 05:13 AM   #1
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Question What's the best race you never had?

I remember two races I was soooo psyched for that just never happened. It was thoroughly depressing.

The first one was a 1969 Camaro. It was jacked up, had loud exhaust and the guy drove it around thinking it was the **** . I was determined to show him taillights and sure enough, one day while I was driving down the road I saw him up ahead. I was in my stock blue 88 GT, and we were gonna line up right next to each other. Getting ready to come to a stop, and being alert for the light to change early, I pressed the clutch in and downshifted my tranny into 1st. A second later all hell broke loose, my tires locked up!!!! I thought something major had broken and my car was done for. The car wanted to jump forward when I tried to re-start it, and I couldn't get it into neutral. Turns out my clutch had shredded less than a week after I bought the car. It was stacked up and lodged between the pressure plate and the flywheel. Not only did I not get to stomp the Camaro, but he got to watch me on the side of the road behind him as he left the stoplight.

The 2nd race that I wanted even more than the first was just a few months ago. I was in my mostly stock 87 GT about to make a left hand turn. My arrow was red, and off to my left, turning onto the road going the opposite way as me was a late 70's early 80's Ferrari 308 GTS quattrovalve. Ohhhhh man. The one Ferrari that I'll probably be able to afford someday! I rolled down the window so I could tell if it was a real Italian 32v 3.0L V-8 or a Volkswagen. I listened to the harmony and new it was the real thing. For all of you that don't know, the 308 GTS was never a supercar like todays Ferrari's, I probably would have beat it down, but if it was a late 70's with the carbs before motronic fuel injection cut it down to 240hp in the early 80's it was rated at 260hp, had a top speed of 150mph, and it would've been sooo sweet to hear it scream to it's 8,000rpm redline! Again, not meant to be though, my dumb *** light never changed in time to flip a b1tch and catch back up to him.

Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote