MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-09-2001, 07:47 PM   #1
withamc
Registered Member

Post Early 90's Firebird

I don’t know what this counts as. I was coming home Friday night about 11:00 with my wife. We’re sitting at a light, and this early 90’s Firebird, it had exhaust, what else I don't know, punches it around the corner in front of us, gets a little sideways and disappears up the road. Wifey says “Go get ‘em”, so as soon as the light turns green I go chasing after him. We catch up about a half mile up and catch a red light. I throw him a rev, he and his buddy just look back. The light turns green… nothing. I don’t want to look like a fool, so I’m just about to take off normal when all the sudden he just launches. I must have been a ½ car length behind, spinning all the way through first but not losing any ground. I hit second and I’m pulling on him, we’re just about even when I hit third and he just shuts down about 60 – 65. I let off, he’s just hanging behind until I come up on the left turn to my house. The guy just cruised by and didn’t even look. Is that a forfeit, a tie, win/loss? Hell, we didn’t even finish.

------------------
93 GT, CCM long block, GT40P heads, Crane 2031, 1.7 RR's, Moroso cold air, 73mm Vortech, 65mm TB, Cobra intake, 24# injectors, MSD 6AL, MAC GT40P headers, 2-1/2" BBK H-pipe (w/cats), Flowmasters, 3.55s, B&M Ripper shifter, Black Magic fan
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 07:28 AM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I would say that you got him. But it sounds like he was just messing with you. Hard to really count as a race. He was probably stock, and knew he'd get beat. So he thought that if he could get a "jump" on you, he'd keep going and call it a win. But he didn't and you hung in there, so the little turd monkey backed off.

Anyway you look at it, you were the better driver in the better car. If you would have raced, you most likely would have won.

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote