MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-03-2001, 12:57 AM   #41
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

BTW Mercury,

THE 99-01 GT is direct competition on the 1/4 to any NSX ... stock being stock.

Motortrend says NSX is a 13.8 car and the stang a 14.0.

------------------
Lizard King - 00GT

>> 13.698 @ 101.2MPH - BONE STOCK, yes BONE(even air filter) stock.

"I can do anything, I'm the Lizard King." - The Doors
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 01:08 AM   #42
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I didnt know that Lizard King. Learned something new today. If I ever pull up next to one of the 5 or 6 that are in Fayetteville I wont hesitate then.

Oh and if a guy in a Cararea 911 pulls up next to me and asks if my Stang can move. I'll say "but of course it moves, its a car. "

No, Id probably say yeah, but not as fast as theres, and hell maybe I'd show him how it can move.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 06:27 PM   #43
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Lizard Queen, oops, King,

I am an 18 year old highschool student in Norman Oklahoma. I do any and all kinds of automotive repairs and modifications in my garage for fun and extra money. I actually have quite a bit of business for a one person shop. Enough to be busy three weeks out of the month. I don't think I have to worry about you encouraging my business. I will do any mod that someone pays me to do on their car, but I choose not to do certain mods to my car for many reasons. I have cars that I have worked on beat me all the time and cars that I haven't beat me all the time. I also win against cars I have and haven't worked on. I think if there is any one quality that people should strive to have it is versatility. The ability to do many things and understand many things. I can completely understand wanting to win, and I can understand wanting to talk about winning. What I wanted to know from posting this is if anyone could understand being okay with losing and wanting to talk about losing as much as winning. Like I've said time and time again, losing and telling people about it shows character. So I just want to ask you guys who don't get that, did your parents hug your big brother more than you when you were little or something? Anyone who has taken any psychology classes (you would have had to actually gone to highschool) would know that a lot of people who cannot live without competing and winning have inferiority complexes. Not trying to say anything about any of you stangers, because you're my friends.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, P&Ped heads, 2.25" custom mandrel bent dual pipes, T5 five speed tranny
15.43 @ 91.08mph (not shabby for a 3600 pound car)
60' 2.453 Street tires suck!!!

QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 06:33 PM   #44
cleanLX
Registered Member

oh boy...

------------------
'92 emerald coupe, no air silencer, bored stock MAF to 60mm, sub-frames welded, strut tower brace, 180 thermo, 16 deg's, K'n'N panel, bosh platniums, u.d. pullies, off road h-pipe, hurst "stir stick", fms 3.73's. otherwise, factory original.
best 1/4 = 13.264@ 100.89mph with a 1.824 60 ft. on turbines with 235/60-R15 BFG DR's
cleanLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 07:02 PM   #45
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Lightbulb

Hey Lizard King, be careful not to lead young Mercury astray. '97 issue of Motortrend reads:

'96 NSX-T = 14.3/99.3
'97 NSX-T = 13.3/106.7

'95 Cobra R = 13.8/102.0
'96 Cobra = 14.0/101.7

DISCLAIMER: Motortrend drove it, not me

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe
8.8" Rear end w/ 2.73:1 gears (sucks!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Sucky Purolator air filter that's choking my car.
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 07:50 PM   #46
Beef
Registered Member

Dude,

Come down off your cloud for a few.. You talk down to the poeple your are referring to. That makes you the same as them. Just because they "gloat" after a win they are bad people?? When I run someone its a blast! Whether I win or lose, I get alittle pissed when I lose but only at myself or my car. Thats just human nature.

You seem to portray yourself as being enlightend, well you really make your self look stupid when you try and talk down to poeple that dont talk about losing or talk trash when they win. You are doing the same thing just in a different context.

Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 11:30 PM   #47
Rev
Registered Member

I think some of us here have gone to high school, college, and on to graduate studies. I'd venture to say some of us have had a few classes in psychology. None that I ever had taught that the goal of competition was anything but to win. That is not to say win at all costs. That is not to say one should cheat. That is not to say one should gloat. It is fair to say that the win or loss should be posted, just as the winner of the OU/Florida State game will be posted in tomorrow's news paper.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 11:31 PM   #48
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

MercuryOne of my good friends owns a 2000 911 Carrera 4 ...

He can only pull 1 car lengh away from me on the quarter. We are actually door to door up to 3rd gear (70MPH).

Also the Carrera 4, is hard as heck to launch... if you go to hard they bounce, if you go to soft they choke.

Chances are good of cleaning one with your 2000GT.

Fox Body
True 97 NSX-T is faster and 96 NSX-T is slower, than a 2000GT... but chances of finding a modified one are slimer than any other ricers. Parts for NSX are impossible to find and expensive as heck.

NSX against 2000GT would a horse race. You bet on the driver.

Micheal Black:
I respect your view on things. Afterall, who likes the loud mouth that always exagerates about his wins???
But you must admit these are that these loud mouths are the people that add color to whole racing scene. They are SOB that some upgrade their vehicles to beat.

BTW, do you why you are getting so much response from this post?
People like to hate people that think like you.

"Loser complain about doing their best,... Winners go home to ****** the prom queen"
Sean Connery - The Rock

Who agrees with me?

------------------
Lizard King - 00GT

Old 01-04-2001, 12:55 AM   #49
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Lizard, why would people hate someone who wants people to treat someone they defeat with respect?

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, P&Ped heads, 2.25" custom mandrel bent dual pipes, T5 five speed tranny
15.43 @ 91.08mph (not shabby for a 3600 pound car)
60' 2.453 Street tires suck!!!

QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 05:06 PM   #50
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Thumbs down

Your funny...

------------------
Lizard King - 00GT

Old 01-04-2001, 05:22 PM   #51
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by FivepointOH:
Just curious, do you ever street race Mr 5 0? I don't think I can remember ever seeing you post a street racing story and being the moderator of the forum you must have some sort of intrest in it....
First, a correction: Kevin Price is the moderator of this forum, not me.

Yes, I street race and have for years, but job and family responsibilities have made the nights of cruising for races a thing of the past, I'm afraid.
These days, I stop-light race if the opportunity presents itself and I get a few highway races too, but not often; and since my Mustang is near-stock, my wins are not all that interesting (in my opinion) but I do post a few from time to time; you must have missed them as they are usually in response to an ongoing thread, not stand-alone posts.

I retain the right to comment on the sport based on past experience and - as you indicated - my abiding interest in going faster than the guy next to me....and enjoying it.

Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 06:37 PM   #52
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King:

"Loser complain about doing their best,... Winners go home to ****** the prom queen"
Sean Connery - The Rock

That is hilarious. I don't remember that in the ROCK. I guess it has been several years since I've see it.

Overall I think that the people here do not gloat. I think that people here definately like their cars more than most people (I know that I do ). But I would expect these attitudes on a Mustang Site. People liked their cars enough to make a Web Site and visit it every day (and some of us probably come here more than we should )

Anyway, Quantum I know what you are trying to say. I think that most people here don't fall into that category so they are reacting to your post. All of us talk about losses.

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote