MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-15-2003, 11:50 PM   #1
91redlx50
Registered Member

Default Whats your best street racing story?

One sunday night My 2 friends and I (in my 91 LX 5.0,and 1 in a 88 GT and 1 in a 03 SER ) took a ride up to a street racing spot in
new york state at a shopping mall .On sunday nights it looks like
a giant car show . We wandered around the lot checing out the cars. Usually everyone leaves the lot and heads to the thruway.
Traffic gets stopped and they start racing down the thruway.Not that night though for some reason.We got bored and left. I led the way and we go through the first light which was green.The next turned red . I look over to my right and see a 01 gt 5speed with a cai and an exhaust and to his right a 00 celica gts with a cai and ricer exhaust (oh and it had a carbon fiber hood). We looked over at each other we knew what was going to happen next. the light turned green and I ended up pulling away from both of them fast . I left the gt behind by about 4 car lengths and the celica was 2 car lengths behind him . the race lasted about 3 lights(which were green) a little less than a 1/4 mile in the end he caught up to about 2 car lengths . We ended up having to stop at the red light. After all was done went back home to NJ
HOMEMADE CAI
FLOWMASTER CAT-BACK
Coming Soon:
T-5 conversion
UPR shifter
3.90 GEARS
Coming Later:
T-44 single turbo kit
T-56
91redlx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:01 PM   #2
It's Exgmguy

I would have to say it was a few days before the Woodward cruise on Woodward, up towards Pontiac.

A 4 way race between me, a modded 911 TWIN TURBO!!, a modded GTS Viper, and an LS1 SS Camaro. I was luckily on ET Streets.
We all sat at the light revving like we were in the movies. The first thing I heard were the Vipers tires howling, while the Porsche and I dart out in front. The 911 and I were even until 60-70 where I started pulling. I could see the Viper and the SS were quite a few bus lengths back. By 100ish I only had maybe a car or so on the Porsche.

Then a short while later on Southbound Woodward I had my azz handed to me by a Grand National. He motored by me quite effortlessly. At the next light he told me my car ran good, and that he was in the 9's.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:50 AM   #3
EZRIDN
Registered Member

A couple of years ago I was looking at some LS1's here in south florida when a Lambo Diablo VT screeched to a hault in front of the dealer at a light. I jumped in my '87 GT (14.4's @ 97) he he. We got about 6 runs with each other. We jumped on a very low traffic street with 3 lanes each way. The guy was really cool. One run i had him til about 70 because of his missed shifts (car had 30 day tags on it). Car was very loud wide open throttle. Was very fun, and i want a re-match with him with my LS1 from a dead dig

Played with a new SL 55 AMG with the LS1. Had it by a car til 60 where we let off. Now I have 4.10's in the LS1 so I think I could pull it harder.

I have some more since I live in South Florida with some very cool cars that cruise the street.

'87 GT..5 spd...Stock...14.4 @ 97 SOLD

'90 GT Conv. A4 Cream Puff...14.6 @ 94 SOLD

'99 Z28..A4..Stock stall, no tuning, all motor, full weight 11.92 @ 117.95 SOLD

'03 Centennal Edition GT 5 spd. 1 of 620 5 spd coupes made.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm

Stock.....
13.89 @ 99.03

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 11:51 AM   #4
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by It's Exgmguy
A 4 way race between me, a modded 911 TWIN TURBO!!, a modded GTS Viper, and an LS1 SS Camaro. I was luckily on ET Streets.
We all sat at the light revving like we were in the movies. The first thing I heard were the Vipers tires howling, while the Porsche and I dart out in front. The 911 and I were even until 60-70 where I started pulling. I could see the Viper and the SS were quite a few bus lengths back. By 100ish I only had maybe a car or so on the Porsche.

Now that's what I'm talkin about

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:53 PM   #5
chrsl02
Registered Member

Ooh, I love these types of threads.

I have several good stories.

I own a 1986 Mustang LX, with several goodies. http://chris.q2zone.com/gallery/view...album04&id=aag

First was was with a modified Porsche 944 Turbo. I was getting on the freeway, leaving my girlfriend's house headed for home. As I get on the freeway from the on ramp, I notice a clean Porsche 944 Turbo passing by. Me being the race addicted freak that I am, I tail behind it by about 5 car lengths, I'm waiting to see if he'll take the bait and speed up. He didn't. I continue to tail him, and we come to the next freeway that takes me home. He goes the same route I do. We merge on to the next freeway and he goes wide open throttle, I'm left with a cloud of black smoke and the whine of his turbo. I drop it into third, I go wide open throttle, my Bassani exhaust singing. He slowed down, I get to the side of him, his passenger side. We're above even, going about 70 mph, we feel each other out and I have a feeling that I could kill this Porsche. Eventually, he honks his horn 3 times to let me know when to go. He does it again, and we both go wide open throttle. I started out in third and stood on the throttle- I gained about a half a car length on him and then I accidently hit the rev limiter, he gained that much back, plus a car length. I slammed 4th and gained a little, but by that time he had me in the top end and he was almost a car length in a half in front of me. I looked at my speedometer, it was pegged at 140 (my gauges are terribly inaccurate but it was flying). We raced again, twice more, the second two were a little closer but he still had me in the top end. These series of races were at about 1 in the morning, so the freeway was just about empty. As luck would have it, he got off at the same exit that I did, I pulled up next to him, he rolled down his window and said he ran 12.4s the night before. He had bought the Porsche earlier in the week. And man, that thing was clean. One of the nicest 944s I've ever seen. Don't mess with 944 Turbos.

Another good race I had was actually just recently. It was against what looked like a 1996 Mustang Cobra. I was cruising home from work at about 8 pm, minding my own business, going about 80. All of the sudden this idiot rides my ***, like less than a half a car length to my back bumper. I slow down a little bit to piss him off, down shift to third, go wide open throttle for a bit and back off. I look in my sideview mirror and it resembles a Mustang. I pull over to the right lane next to me and slow down a bit and sure enough, it's a Cobra. It was some dick head with his lady in the car, obviously trying to impress her. So here I am cruising next to him in 3rd gear, ready to attack and he takes off flying. I immediately going wide open throttle and catch him. We pull next to each other and I flash my brights on and off. I honk my horn three times, then I do it again and we're off, racing. I immediately pull on him, it wasn't even much of a race. We did that a second time, only this time until my speedometer was buried. I must've had 5, 6, 7 maybe more car lengths on him. I slow down, look over, roll my window down and laugh, then give him a thumbs down. He gets pissed and starts going the speed limit and then gets off at the next exit. I hate idiots that ride my ***. Don't **** with us four eyed Mustangs. Reason why mention this is because this is the first time I embarrased a guy in front of his lady. Anyway, there you have it.

Chris
chrsl02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: