MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-02-2002, 02:01 AM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Story about Racing a Chevelle

Seeing TNT's story about racing a Chevelle reminded me of this descriptive essay I wrote a couple weeks ago. I have to admit, I got a couple lines from Tireburner. Thanks, bud. I also need to apologize for sounding like I have something jammed up my butt. My teacher docks us if we don't use "colorful and vivid" verbs and adjectives. So it sounds kinda funny at times. You'll get the idea though...

Maximum Force
My heart’s beat augments slightly as I pull up next to an immaculate 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454. The road is barren, not an automobile in our range of vision. I perceive the reverberation of his big-block powerplant beneath his hood. I witness the glass in the business emporium rattle with each lobe of his camshaft. The chalky headings painted on the glass shake harshly.
I pull alongside the Chevelle. The road is broad, long, and direct. It is a consummate stead to contest our machines. I glance over my shoulder and give a confident smile; however, inside my body I am apprehensive and tense. He peers back at me with ample boldness.
My grip of the steering wheel tightens with my left hand; I push my Hurts T-Handle shifter into first gear, up and to the left. I redirect my eyes to my rearview mirror and see complete darkness. I gaze to the left, then to the right, the intersection is clear, there’s no traffic to either direction.
The stop light sways slightly in the breeze, my stare is fixed on the bottom light, the green bulb. The red light is iridescent in the black of the night. My enemy and I stand staged, waiting for battle restlessly. The light flashes green. Instantaneously I mash the throttle and dump the clutch. My tires scream in agony as they claw at the pavement. I breathe in an aroma, the consequence of my tires relinquishing traction and spiraling until the rubber blazes. The nose of my car elevates to the heavens. My 1969 Ford Mustang Fastback shoots through the air like a glistening bullet.
The mills of both cars scream out their own distinct hymn. The buildings on both sides start advancing faster and faster. I kick the clutch pedal with my left foot simultaneous to my shift into second gear. My tires scream in pain once again. A sudden rush of anxiety rushes through my body. The nose of my car is at the Chevelle’s rear tire. Both cars run neck and neck. The setting is a blur by this point in the event. The speeds of both cars soar as we push them to their threshold.
The road becomes a tunnel. Everything alongside the path turns into a fog. I transfer my shift handle into third gear. I advance on the Chevelle with every revolution of my engine. The finish line becomes visible in the distance. I shift into fourth gear. I inch up even with him. Our cars are side by side, nose to nose.
I quickly shoot my eyes at my gauge cluster. My speed is reaching 120 miles per hour. The finish line is coming up fast. I draw ahead of the Chevelle, just barely. My entire body tenses up, and I stir in my seat. I crush the gas pedal to the floorboards with all my leg’s vigor.
I reach the finish line, the locality where every competitor strives to reach first. A great industrial district encompasses it. Huge smokestacks ascent high into the sky, lining the unlit horizon.
As I cross the finish line I glance to my right, I see his nose at my door! I defeat my challenger! A thrill overtakes my body as I realize I won the race! The road hastily narrows as we slow down; it turns into a curvy two-lane highway.
My Mustang routed the divine Chevelle. A big-block powered Chevrolet was beat by a small-block Ford!

Hope ya liked it!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 04:59 AM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Good story!
Old 04-02-2002, 03:36 PM   #3
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Thumbs up Great

That was an awesome story. Great kill.
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 08:00 PM   #4
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Thanks guys. I guess I didn't really make it clear, but this didn't really happen. I just made it up....

Thanks again!
Old 04-02-2002, 10:39 PM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

THUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe

Dude it sounds like you've got a whole branch of congress up your ***

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 10:50 PM   #6
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Pretty cool story. You better not loose to that dang chevelle in that 69. Get that dang car of yours together and go do it for real now.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:05 PM   #7
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I dunno.....a SS 454 would put a pretty good match against my car...haha....riiiiiiiiiiight.....What do those things put out hp/torque wise stock? Maybe I could hang with a stock one...
Old 04-03-2002, 12:34 AM   #8
1965GTO
Registered Member

If you were behind the chevelle when you shifted into fourth it is over for you unless you just hit the nitrous. The heavier car with the big block must have more horsepower to stay ahead up to fourth gear say 90 to 100 mph, and then the higher horsepower car will begin to pull away.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 12:42 AM   #9
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Yeah, 1965 GTO, it wasn't very realistic to have the race like that. But realism wasn't what I was goin' for. I just wanted to make it kind of exciting and surprise some people. Accuracy wasn't a high priority.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:25 PM   #10
1965GTO
Registered Member

I get it!
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote