MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-05-2001, 05:58 PM   #1
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking Anyone ever been to a Police Action?

If you have been to a police action, are they any good? Do ya think I could find my 93 LX there?

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
http://hometown.aol.com/redlilpony/Homepage.html

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 08:28 PM   #2
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

I assume you mean "auction."

They're pretty good, but there's no guarantee you'll find a 93 LX there (then again, you could find one that's pretty heavily modded). In terms of prices, good prices (usu. pretty low b/c, not too many people know about them). It is worth keeping an ear out for them and checking them out. You'd probably find something else you could use.

The only reservations I've ever had about them is that you could be cruising in Mr. Druglords old ride and some of his "boys" might get pissed at you for that.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 08:40 PM   #3
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

Yes! I meant 'Auction'! Sorry, I can't spell... why don't you take me out of the gene pool for that one! lol

Anyways, thanks for the input... I'll check it out and let you know how it goes! Maybe I'll find a saleen for 100 bucks... (dreaming)

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl

Old 03-05-2001, 09:32 PM   #4
rbatson

Quote:
Originally posted by RedLilPony:
Yes! I meant 'Auction'! Sorry, I can't spell... why don't you take me out of the gene pool for that one! lol

HAHAHA.. I'll have to remember that one.

I went to a police auction once and was looking for a mustang too, I ended up buying a Crown Vic. Paid $850 for it and it had the coldest a/c I have ever felt in a car. I cleaned it up and put in a new battery. I ended up selling it for $1100. Basically I broke even, after taxes, tags, battery and a couple other little things. I wish I could find a mustang at one, a mustang would be worth putting the $$ into.

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 2/21/2001)
My 97 Cobra
Old 03-05-2001, 09:46 PM   #5
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

rbatson ~ glad ya liked that one

Anyways... I think I am going to check it out... I mean what could it hurt? (besides my bank account?)

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl

Old 03-06-2001, 04:58 PM   #6
StalkerStang

Cool

There was a police auction in king city california and two 96 crown vics with only 70,000 miles on them went for 1100 and 1700 bucks! I plan to go to the next one to see if there are any police 5.0's although i doubt it.
Old 03-06-2001, 06:13 PM   #7
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Not here in MN. We have what's called a GSA (General Services Administration) auction. The Crown Vics are usually between $4-$7k here, and they usually have really high mileage on them. They go for so high because they are still well under book and the cab companies really like them. You'll also find work trucks, Blazers, Cherokee's, and sedans. They go for okay money. Sometimes higher than a good private party though, YIKES!

As far as an actual Police seizure auction, you never know what you are going to get. Usually it's junk, otherwise the owners would have already claimed the vehicles out of impound. Sometimes they have a few good cars, mostly worth well under 3k, and I'd say the chances of finding a decent Mustang at one around here is bad. The cars many times do not come with keys and they have to be re-titled. Plus you don't get a chance to hear them start, run, or even see them drive. Could be buying a stone.

They also have a refundable bidding deposit most of the time of like $100 just to get in. They are kinda fun to attend though.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote