MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Who would most like to race on this board (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=23342)

explicitone 05-06-2002 11:26 PM

Who would most like to race on this board

Who would like like to race on this mesg. board and why them ?

Mercury 05-07-2002 12:48 AM

Argh...This is a tuff one. Two popped into mind at the same time.

If I could roll up to a stop light next to a fellow Mustang Works Member it would have to be....either....UNIT or Lizard King.

Lizard King because he turns in some good times with his 99+ GT and I'd like to pit myself against him to see how I fair.

And Unit because he's cool, and I'd just like to say :p I BEAT YOU:p j/k Unit.

sedanman 05-07-2002 01:30 AM

Easy Ezridn! I would like to eat his LS1 for lunch and dinner! Infact it looks like I am going to take my car down (to florida) at the end of the summer to do just that! Show him a little 5.0 taillights :cool:

Dark_5.0 05-07-2002 10:00 AM

Lizard King- at a sea level track. Cause Iknow hes a good driver and it would be close with me on street tires to be fair.

Units- 87GT just to see if it is a freak or not since it doesnt have a time slip.

Mercury- cause by reading his post he claims to be a supernatural driver and beats LS1's to 110mph in a basicly stock stang.

Silver Pilate- Cause it would be a good race our times are close @ 3000+ft.

Later,

Mercury 05-07-2002 12:15 PM

Argh here we go again. I have never even claimed to be a great driver. Re-read my posts, I never claimed I was Great, awesome, or anything above average at all.

I am not a supernatural Driver, I dont have a Supernatural car, I dont shoot webs out of my hands, or wear a cape. I dont wear a tight brightly colored costume when I go driving around.

My "Claims" are the Honest to god truth.

I got a friend that has a Digital Camcorder, I'll see if he wants to ride along on some cruises. I'll catch some footage of me burning up an LS-1.

Maybe its just the drivers around here suck that bad, I dont know.

But Dark 5.0, I'd love to race ya man.:D I'd like to race just about anyone here (WHere ya at RBatson....I'd smoke ya:p )

Dark_5.0 05-07-2002 12:42 PM

I think we would be a good race thats why I chose you not cause im calling BS.

Beating an LS1 to 110 mph is impressive...You would have to run a mid 13 to pull that off.

The people on my list I respect and would love to race.

Later,

Mercury 05-07-2002 01:02 PM

Thanks Dark 5.0. I'm sorry I took it the wrong way. I've been rather edgy the last few days. With my family here, and my real family, and my friends.

Lizard King 05-07-2002 01:08 PM

Man... it's to bad you guys live so far!!! It would be great to meet you guys, but I can't convince my wife to drive for 3-4 days to meet you, race, and then come back! :D

Any of you live NorthEast?

I'd love to race the 00 BlueGT (you know the one with the right wheel slightly of the ground when he launches) with my next mods ... just for the heck of it.

I'd like to take a coffee with Unit, and perhaps pointers on his new 01GT :D !

Mercury would be nice to meet to ... I am sure I forget a lot of you people, but anyways.

Ackbar00 05-07-2002 01:37 PM

ANYONE! I would race anyone, No one puts up much puts up a challage for my SHO much less my GT. (Granted more people mess with the SHO than the GT.:D )

EZRIDN 05-07-2002 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lizard King

I'd love to race the 00 BlueGT (you know the one with the right wheel slightly of the ground when he launches) with my next mods ... just for the heck of it.

I see him all the time at Moroso. He's really cool.

I would LOVE to race Mercury!

And Sedanman again in his flying tin can. :D Although if by luck you do beat me. Then Sedanman i will get that C5 to show you some LS1 tail lights.

I would want to run Lizard King also.

lx mike 05-07-2002 06:10 PM

add my name to the list to race unit and mercury also on my list is mustangmom2k: so she'll know what a set of Lx tailights looks like :p srv1: does he even have a mustang? :confused:

Dans car with 2 conditions: he has to run street radials and race is 1/8 mile not 1/4 :D :D

Mr5.0: battle of the red Lx's ;)

Unit 5302 05-07-2002 06:57 PM

Good lord. All these people want to race the old 87 GT. I better sell it quick before I have to show anybody it's a mid 15 car. LOL.

I'd like to give Lizard King a tail spankin (Lizard tail's grow back so there won't be any permenant damage, hehe)

Line em up with Mercury to see how his newer GT fares against my factory freak, and it'd be great to show Dark 5.0 what the freak can really do.

Hey Lizard, I don't have a '01 GT. I only had it for a day before $10-15k of body damage repairs popped up. I brought it back and got my 02 on the way home. Hehe.

For those races I might be forced to bump the timing for the first time? Hehe. My next scheduled race is with the 87 GT facing off against my new 02 GT for a rematch. My 01 GT would have been shredded if it wasn't for my friend missing 2nd trying to powershift the 87 GT adding insult to injury.

blue00gt 05-07-2002 07:27 PM

I'd have to say Mercury and Lizard King. I've been practicing and I'd love to see how I can launch against the legendary reptile. As for you Merc, I always enjoy your racing stories and it'd be cool to be involved in one. Sure wish I had a bunch of buddies with Mustangs around here.

sedanman 05-08-2002 02:21 AM

I would also love to race unit and mercury in both of their "freak" cars in my buddies "freak" LS1 it a 6spd with only a lid, just the other night it went 12.88@113.59 (see how nice it is with proof) and that was on run flats! The hard part would be grabbing all the gears as I am laughing my butt off.

StoplightWarrior 05-08-2002 02:28 AM

No one wants a piece of the fastest NA auto GT on the board?? WTF? I'm hurt...

:D

BTW, at the moment, I'd love to race Unit (to shut him up ;) ) Lizard King, cause he's a cool guy, and Mustang92, so I could learn how to make the most of what I've got with this mod motor, and get some driving tips.

StoplightWarrior 05-08-2002 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sedanman
I would also love to race unit and mercury in both of their "freak" cars in my buddies "freak" LS1 it a 6spd with only a lid, just the other night it went 12.88@113.59 (see how nice it is with proof) and that was on run flats! The hard part would be grabbing all the gears as I am laughing my butt off.
Damn, trapping 114 with just a lid, that's stock 87 GT territory!

Sorry Unit, couldn't resist! ;)

explicitone 05-08-2002 06:16 AM

I would like to race anyone on the board cause it has been a long time since i have raced another stang the only guys that seen to want to race is imports alot of the camaro guys around here wont unless you push them hard. I dont care if im out gunned i just would like to have a good time racing another stang and I never mind losing to another stang on the street. all in the name of fun and HORSEpower

Hyper92GT 05-08-2002 08:29 AM

Well this is a cool thread. Here goes my pics:
1. Skyler - because our cars should be close off the gas.
2. Exgm guy - nice car, great times, dont know how close it would be but fun.
3. Unit - want to run that '87 GT, just for fun.
4. Stangrrr - When I get my blower :)
5. Any LS1 owner.

EZRIDN 05-08-2002 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

Damn, trapping 114 with just a lid, that's stock 87 GT territory!

Sorry Unit, couldn't resist! ;)

lol

joe4speed 05-08-2002 01:37 PM

I'll race all of you with the stang, then all of your daily drivers with the Olds, then all the bikes with the Ninja! :) :) Then I'll race you on foot from stop sign to stop sign!

Sure I'll lose alot, but hey! I just love to RACE! ;) :D