MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Who would you NOT race on this board? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=27426)

Eric4Nitrous 08-09-2002 10:26 PM

Who would you NOT race on this board?

Just wondering if any of you guys would back down from any of the member's cars on this site...and if so who would it be? Me..hmm. I'd have to say Kevin Price's :)

MidNiteBlu 5.0 08-09-2002 11:02 PM

A few of em (skymans, exgmguys, and many others)

And of course yours lol. Youd probably be done with a 1/4 before i got done with 1/8 lol :D

Later,
Nick

exgmguy 08-10-2002 12:23 AM

I would not back down from any fast car on the board. If they blow my doors off, it will still be awesome just to see them go! I would, and do pass on races with stock/stockish cars. It's not worth the possible ticket, or breaking something while showing off to a car you can easily blow intot he weeds.

srv1 08-10-2002 12:26 AM

i would say 90% of them members here would smoke me, thats why!:cool: Jusy too many to list....

MidNiteBlu 5.0 08-10-2002 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by srv1
i would say 90% of them members here would smoke me, thats why!:cool: Jusy too many to list....
I second that one! In accordance to my car of course :D

Kevn 08-10-2002 01:08 AM

I'd have to say 99 or more percent of the cars on this board could beat me.

Unless you think you've got it worse than me.. Sluggish 2.3L with a clutch that slips into second while Im accelerating hard, unless I dump it hard..

But Just wait. Tomorrow Im phoning a guy about a 88 mustang with a 302. The car's body was beat up, but I hope to get engine/tranny/rearend as well as the wheels and tires.

lx mike 08-10-2002 03:12 AM

You mean besides you?? :p :D I'd say exgmguy, kevin price and if he ever get it to the track MAYBE Dan's car!! :rolleyes: :D

PKRWUD 08-10-2002 04:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll tell you what, if I put the same size tires across the back, I'd race you heads up in the sprint car in the 1/8 mile. I'd be kinda screwed in the 1/4 because the sprint is direct drive (no trans), but if I swapped in our 5.94's in place of our 6.86's, I think it would give you a run for your money. Hell, both engines are N/A, right? I'd even let you use nitrous. What's your compression? We're only running 14:1, but I swear there's no way to fit a bigger piston in there! LOL!! (See what I mean in the attached pic).

Take care,
~Chris

PKRWUD 08-10-2002 04:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll probably get shot for posting these, but you need to see them to appreciate what I'm talking about.

PKRWUD 08-10-2002 04:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
last one...

Eric4Nitrous 08-10-2002 07:22 AM

Ohhh..have I been challenged?? :D Bring it on Chris...i love sprint cars for a snack lol My motor is 16:1 thank you!!! :)

PKRWUD 08-10-2002 07:42 AM

That would be wild! I'm not sure how I'd set up the suspension, though! Maybe put 0/6 shocks on the front, and some 11's across the back. I dunno. Unfortunately, though, it'll never happen unless you're willing to go from a rolling start (no tranny means that when the rear axle stops, so does the engine). Actually, that reminds me of a story you'd appreciate. Local Sprint car driver Kenny Brown got bounced into the wall one night last year, and the right rear tire came down right where the clay meets the wall, and wedged. This forced the engine, which was at the time revving around 8000 rpms, to stop instantly. The following pics were the result:

http://homepage.mac.com/pkrwud/.Pict...ine1small.jpeg

http://homepage.mac.com/pkrwud/.Pict...ods1small.jpeg

The pistons literally took out the crank journal and both sides of the block.

Cool, huh!

There are more pics of this on the "Ouch!!!" page on my website.

:)

Take care,
~Chris

Eric4Nitrous 08-10-2002 08:29 AM

Those are some killer pics!! It really tore that block up..wow!

joe4speed 08-10-2002 01:21 PM

Most people would whoop my *** too, but I don't think I'd really back down... it's all in fun! :)

Rev 08-10-2002 01:28 PM

Shear pin?

PEKRWUD, you need to put a shear pin in those things, like there used to be in outboard motors. That way, if you hit a stump with the prop, all it did was shear a brass pin and didn't ruin the motor. Seems like something on that order would have saved the engine in that sprint car.

Rev

PKRWUD 08-10-2002 04:57 PM

That's an interesting idea, and I'm not sure why it isn't done. I will say, what happened to Kenny Brown is very unusual. In fact, it's the only time I've seen that kind of damage from the engine being forced off. Then again, the power those engines puts out usually overwhelms anything that tries to stop it, via the tires (ie: the car normally would have climbed the wall before it froze). Still, I'll toss your idea around amongst those in the know, and see what kind of feedback I get. I'm not really sure where we could put one, but it's still an interesting idea.

Thanks!

Take care,
~Chris

Kevin Price 08-11-2002 09:51 AM

Dan might be a good run, he's supposed to be putting his clutch together so maybe he'll be up and running soon.

I would have to say Eric though, I would race but not expect to win. It would be fun to see a Ford's tailights in that respect, almost as good as seeing all of those Chevy's in my rear view mirror. :D

The only way I think I might have a chance is to secretly refill his Nitrous bottles with helium and then "spring a leak" somewhere in the cockpit. I'd like to interview him afterwards. :) (Just kiddin' Eric!).

Eric4Nitrous 08-11-2002 10:30 AM

haha i laughed my *** off when you said that Kevin. Revenge is sweeter remember that :) We need to get together and meet somewhere and go racing..what do ya say?

Shelby428cj 08-11-2002 11:42 AM

I agree most everyone would kick my arse.....for now......But I love everyone here and it would all be in good faith and fun and hey at least I am racing a mustang and not some punk a** rice kid!:cool:

STEEDAJEFF 08-11-2002 03:30 PM

Kevin and Eric for sure....... no way JOSE!

But i think with a little more tuning ExGMguy would be a good run!:D