MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-28-2001, 03:37 AM   #1
fastang
Registered Member

Post WHOLLY $HIT!!......FLAMES!!

Whatsup guys? Its been a while since I posted a kill here so I got an odd but good one for ya.
Im just getting on the freeway, moving over a lane or two when I see a set of headlights coming up FAST behind me (around 110 mph). So I move out of my lane and let him pass only to find out its a Mercedes. Im bored so I start to gradualy acellerate and catch up to the mercedes when I see another set of lights behind me that looks like a Nissan 280Z. The Mercedes slows down and joins the regular traffic but this damn 280 is RIGHT on my *** . So I go in the carpool lane and get ahead only to get stuck behind some Vette going SLOW AS **** .
The 280Z pulls up right in front of me and starts shooting 10 inch FLAMES out his exhaust.....Im dumbfounded. He set there for 30 seconds straight shooting flames out his exhaust and then takes off while Im stuck in the carpool lane. So I wait and wait to get out and gun it to catch up to this guy.
After about 5 minutes of going 115 mph I find him and pass him up. I HAD to see if this thing was fast or not.
Sure enough he took the bait, dropped a gear and flew by me. I start to catch up and we both hit it.....I pull his *** pretty hard put a good car on him even though he had a good jump on me and was going faster than me when we started running. That thing was pretty quick though. Im sure it would have stomped a stock stang. He probably thought that my car was stock anyway. SOO he busts a flyby anyway but this time no flames. I think he has to push the clutch in first to do the flame deal.

------------------
95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 10:14 AM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Question

suonds like an old 60's trick when they put spark plugs in the talpipe & dumped in extra gas in the exh. good thing he didnt burn your paint, good kill.

------------------
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 12:46 PM   #3
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Cool

You guys haven't seen the new masterrice.com adds:

Stickers for products you can't afford and paint schemes you can't imagine on your car -50 hp

20" rims, painted a different color then the car and not matching any of the stickers you added - 100 hp

Moms dinning room table screwed to your trunk and painted to match your rims - 150 hp

Flames shooting out of your tailpipe, melting your rear bumper cover and making you the "hot sh*t" with the 15 year old girls - priceless.

Some things money can buy, but for real HP get a V8.

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires, Chromed '95 Cobra R's (bought for $19.95, now 2 are warped!).
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1883
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 02:15 PM   #4
SteveH
Registered Member

Sounds like someone did the jdm spec nissan siliva converssion.

They are a turbo'd 6 (I believe), that put out about 260hp stock. Throw on a b/c, b/c/c, catback, fmic, downpipe and you are looking at near 400hp at 20-25 pounds of boost, on an engine that can handle way more on stock internals.

These cars are notorious for flames, as the turbo puts out so much heat it burns it though. Plus the guy probably didn't have a cat, which helps alot.
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 03:46 PM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

good one topless tire fryer, what will tojo think of next? instead of paint how about a huge body sticker with every moronic aftermarket, usless part you can add to a car, which does nothing,hehe.

------------------
2000gt black,broke a$$ steet racing
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 03:50 PM   #6
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Talking

Let me try to say this without flaming anyone. Why is it all the performance import enthusasts seem to be from Canada?

Seriously though, is it possible he's running enough boost and unburned fuel to throw flames without sparkplugs in the tailpipes?
Old 10-29-2001, 05:24 PM   #7
SteveH
Registered Member

I am not an "import enthusiest", I am a "car enthusiest. I currently drive a dodge avenger, and if you missed my post in the general forum was looking into getting 01 gt.

As for the flames from the tailpipe, yes it is very possible that the exhaust fumes are so hot coming from the motor and so fast that it can shoot flames out the back.

The most typical cars that can do this are twin turbo cars, like the supra, rx-7, skyline gt-r and the silvia.

If you want I can post links to videos of cars that are doing it without the plugs in the tailpipe.

I am not here to start flaming, I just happen to know a bit about a larger variety of cars. Everything from ls1's, mustangs to avengers, cavaliers, supras, and even hondas. I don't like limiting myself to a particular brand. If I like a car, or if I feel it is handy to know something about then I learn.

Later
Old 10-29-2001, 07:07 PM   #8
Unit 5302
Registered Member

My 1987GT would shoot flames a good 6" out the exhaust when I bought it. Stock save for the idiot who put straight pipes from the headers back.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 12:38 PM   #9
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

OK, car enthusiest works for me. I'd love to see those video links. I had thought about flames, but me and fire don't mix very well....

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires, Chromed '95 Cobra R's (bought for $19.95, now 2 are warped!).
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1883
Old 10-30-2001, 10:01 PM   #10
fastang
Registered Member

It wasnt the JDM. The JDM spec conversion would whoop my *** , especialy since Im still naturaly aspirated (not for long)

The guy had something rigged up because it didnt shoot flames under WOT or even when he shifted, he pulled in front of me and went just slow enough to keep in front and shot a flame for 30 seconds straight with no acceleration at all. When he sped away there were noe flames.

My car used to shoot blue flames out the pipes when I had the ADS superchip that I ended up giving to 95mustanggt and off road pipes. I was running octane booster all the time and with that chip and no cats it would shoot flames but only when I shifted.

------------------
95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:46 AM   #11
SteveH
Registered Member

Ya the losing thing was something I thought of recently, cause those are friggen quick.

I am still looking for videos of cars shooten fire out the pipes, but man, I had so many, but now I have lost all my links, which really sucks.

I had a cool one of the 900hp veilside supra on a test course, pretty much giving a lesson in drifting....very cool.

Good kill anyway man, cause I hate cars like that, that are hooked up for show, but not go.

Later
Old 10-31-2001, 01:26 PM   #12
#1 Pony
Registered Member

I thought I had read and seen some where that there are kits now you can out on your car to throw flames.
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 12:01 AM   #13
fastang
Registered Member

Yeah, I heard that theres a cat back system called Dragon Fire but I have never personaly seen it. Maybe thats what he had?

That car didnt look show at all. In fact it looked pretty stock and the paint was dull. It was definitley quick, but not quick enough.

------------------
Old 11-03-2001, 06:02 PM   #14
89LXCarb
Registered Member

I just bought a 66 suicide door lincoln that I am going to put flame throwers on. With a manual choke to dump extra fuel in and huge tips on the back to make the flame bigger you can shoot 15-18 inch flames.

------------------
4 cyl converted to V8
306 auto 512" lift cam edelbrock intake holley dp carb ported gt40 heads 373's 4 wheels discs
1/4 mile times commming soon
hoping for high 12's
89LXCarb is offline   Reply With Quote