MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Why do people hate? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=50783)

scongie 04-05-2009 12:56 PM

Why do people hate?

My husband and I just got a 2009 GT
People are hating and saying oh its a sh*tstang calling mustangs and fords crappy.
I understand its a rear wheel drive ( not too great on my car lingo hope i worded that right lol)
I understand Fords back in the day may have not been that good and they have come a long way. My husban d has always driven Ford. My brother in law has a mustang from 1986 and its still on the road.
I just dont get why people feel the need to bash the mustang. It has a great reputation for good reason.
Sorry I just needed to vent. thanks for reading.

CHRIS75 04-05-2009 03:21 PM

Re: Why do people hate?

The reason people hate mustangs are because they can not afford one. They drive junk chevy cars and trucks, or because maybe what they have can not touch a ford mustang.

Cys84 04-13-2009 10:27 AM

Its just a dumb popular beleif that Fords are bad cars despite the Model T selling so well and the GT 40's victories, if you're hanging around tuners they're probably jealous because all they can afford are Neons and Colbolts.

Jayme 04-14-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scongie (Post 334844)
People are hating and saying oh its a sh*tstang calling mustangs and fords crappy.
I understand its a rear wheel drive ( not too great on my car lingo hope i worded that right lol)
I understand Fords back in the day may have not been that good and they have come a long way. My husban d has always driven Ford. My brother in law has a mustang from 1986 and its still on the road.
I just dont get why people feel the need to bash the mustang. It has a great reputation for good reason.

i work for a GM dealership, and i catch that crap all day long from the techs in the shop. A few have and race GM products, so i hear all the BS, ALL day long. I get tired of it, but i know on motor, my car is probably faster than both of thiers.. ive already beat one big-block chevy truck they built in the shop (ported heads, big inches, SLICKS, all that BS) on street tires. pretty funny on top end.. my 116.65 mph to his 105. I love it!

wowgoldstright 04-28-2009 02:58 PM

WOW GOLD
easy leveling guide
World of warcraft
quick gold wow
suramar gold
wow gold hack
wow best gold farming spot
warcraft gold
wow gospel music
ursin gold
malygos gold
wotlk
very cheap wow gold
gold deposits wow
shadow moon gold
druid class trainer
horde leveling tips
wow gold 30 min
horde lvl
www worldofwarcraft
warlock epic mount quest
new 2008 gold making tips in wow
worldofwarcraft map
proudmoore gold
worldofwarcraft download
aggramar gold
buy gold for wow
whisperwind gold
shadow moon gold
bronzebeard gold
stormreaver gold
human epic mount
blackhand gold
worldofwarcraft account
llane gold
gurubashi gold
bonechewer gold
pally epic mount
spinebreaker gold
making warcraft gold
best leveling guide
wow gold farming tips
worldofwarcraft demo
sell wow gold farm
free world of warcraft gold
how to get gold in wow quick
wow gold for sale
wow gold cheats
daggerspine gold
warcraft 3 infinte gold cheat code
kilrogg gold
gold grinding guide
buy gold euro
lowest wow gold price
shattered hand gold
uther gold
spinebreaker gold
smolderthorn gold
paladin epic mount
silver hand gold
buy and sell wow gold

wowgoldstright 04-28-2009 03:13 PM

WOW GOLD
zuljin gold
bonechewer gold
bonechewer gold
night elf epic mount
wow gold instant delivery
gold secrets gold guide
how to make gold in wow
death knight leveling tips
death knight leveling guide horde
very cheap wow gold
wrath of the lich king
suramar gold
talent calculator
world of warcraft gold secrets
dark iron gold
malygos gold
hunter talents
lothar gold
kilrogg gold
top leveling guide
hunter talents
durotan gold
power lvl guide
epic mount quest
night elf epic mount
wow
very cheap wow gold
gorgonnash gold
buy wow gold
gold from alliance to horde
who buys wow gold
priest epic mount
cheap wow gold
fast wow gold
epic mount quest
world of warcraft gold guide
strategy onyxia
wow gold farming
worldofwarcraft download
warlock epic mount quest
lothar gold
nathrezim gold
wow gold vip
how to make good gold in wow
kalecgos gold
best wow gold
human epic mount
buy gold wow paypal
lowest wow gold price
easy leveling guide
wow
burning blade gold
powerleveling
power leveling service
lothar gold
cheap wow gold
wow gold farming tips
wow gold instant delivery
stormrage gold
gold from alliance to horde

magician2009 05-01-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Hi Scongie,

As for the Haters, they are most likely VERY jealous! It's really that simple. You have a 2009 Mustang GT, it is a georgeous pony with a rich, deep history. Secure people will compliment your vehicle; the whimps with the second-rate, late-model, mildly modified pocket-rockets will quote you lap stats.

But let me ask you this simple question: When you are kicking your Mustang on the open road, stereo blasting your favorite playlist, and the engine is rumbling and growling under your ass, how do YOU feel?

Lol. No worries friend. There is always a faster car, but the Mustang GT is the whole package, and the 2009 rocks!

Be loud and proud. Wait. No. Don't worry about being loud..... your bored-out GT will take care of that all by itself.

Scot.

scongie 05-02-2009 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magician2009 (Post 334986)

When you are kicking your Mustang on the open road, stereo blasting your favorite playlist, and the engine is rumbling and growling under your ass, how do YOU feel?

Scot.

Let me tell you. Sometimes I do not even turn the radio on because the engine is frickin awesome to hear. But yes cranking up the tunes while driving that car is great!

CobraJet428 05-27-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

They sound like Chevy people or import people for that matter or even pseudo-elitists from the Lexus/BMW world. I have a 2007 GT Convertible and have owned 4 mustangs in my life. It appears to me that certain Chevy owners as well as the ricer crowd have the Napoleon/short-man complex when it comes to vehicles and will stop at nothing to try to make you feel inferior or make you think your 'stang is inferior because they themselves have a complex. If everyone owned a 'stang, the world would be a better place!!! Be proud and happy.

6T5PONY 06-24-2009 10:12 PM

Hey, I'm still driving my Mustang 42 years after I bought it. How many of those people smarting off will be able to say that with their current cars? (And it will blow away most of those ricers.) As for the rear drive, performance cars are rear drive. Period.

I don't understand the put down. There are good cars from several manufacturers. Parked here are my Mustang, a Firebird Formula, a BMW Z3, an Infiniti G35S and a Dodge (truck). All the cars are rear drive and manual transmission. All good cars. But which one gets all the positive attention when we drive it? Yep, the Mustang!

I just installed a Sirius satellite radio in it, but I still love to hear those pipes rumble!!

Enjoy your Pony. It doesn't get much better - even at twice the price.

USMC GT 06-26-2009 07:38 AM

I get that all the time. The answer is jealousy. And alot of it. Its normal though. People want stangs but they either cant afford it and/or the insurance, or they just cant handle it. I have 2002 with a mild set up. Most of my buddies cant hang, so they hate. Just remember, there is allways compition to destroy, leaving haters every where we go. PIECE!!!!:cool:

jovyarcher 10-19-2009 08:57 PM

seriously, they hate you because they can't afford one. Mustangs are great cars, despite the fact that it is, in fact, a Ford car.

2003SLVRSNAKE 10-29-2009 02:13 PM

"At least it's not made by Government Motors (GM)", that's what I say when people start dissing Fords and Mustangs. It usually shut them for awhile.

Nicole Josee 01-01-2010 11:03 AM

Chevy people will always put down the Mustang, the Mustang has a long history and unlike the Camero never went away at any time, they have always been an affordable car unlike those overpriced Corvette's, and Ford has been doing well during all these bailouts,

I have a '93 LX that still looks like new, I love this car because it is so easy to work on and there are so many aftermarket parts for it,