MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
scongie
Registered Member

Default Why do people hate?

My husband and I just got a 2009 GT
People are hating and saying oh its a sh*tstang calling mustangs and fords crappy.
I understand its a rear wheel drive ( not too great on my car lingo hope i worded that right lol)
I understand Fords back in the day may have not been that good and they have come a long way. My husban d has always driven Ford. My brother in law has a mustang from 1986 and its still on the road.
I just dont get why people feel the need to bash the mustang. It has a great reputation for good reason.
Sorry I just needed to vent. thanks for reading.
scongie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
CHRIS75
Registered Member

Default Re: Why do people hate?

The reason people hate mustangs are because they can not afford one. They drive junk chevy cars and trucks, or because maybe what they have can not touch a ford mustang.

83 GT, 351W T5, Holley 750 carb, Weiand sleath intake (parts car)

Mods to come: 351W, Suspension, Manual trans, Paintjob
CHRIS75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
Cys84
Registered Member

Its just a dumb popular beleif that Fords are bad cars despite the Model T selling so well and the GT 40's victories, if you're hanging around tuners they're probably jealous because all they can afford are Neons and Colbolts.
Cys84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Jayme
12 Sec Stock Motor Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scongie View Post
People are hating and saying oh its a sh*tstang calling mustangs and fords crappy.
I understand its a rear wheel drive ( not too great on my car lingo hope i worded that right lol)
I understand Fords back in the day may have not been that good and they have come a long way. My husban d has always driven Ford. My brother in law has a mustang from 1986 and its still on the road.
I just dont get why people feel the need to bash the mustang. It has a great reputation for good reason.

i work for a GM dealership, and i catch that crap all day long from the techs in the shop. A few have and race GM products, so i hear all the BS, ALL day long. I get tired of it, but i know on motor, my car is probably faster than both of thiers.. ive already beat one big-block chevy truck they built in the shop (ported heads, big inches, SLICKS, all that BS) on street tires. pretty funny on top end.. my 116.65 mph to his 105. I love it!

1990 Mustang LX
12.16 @ 116.65mph
My NEW MustangWorks Page

1990 Mustang GT -Sold-
12.996 @ 104.21mph
1.72 RRs, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Kirban Regulator, BBK Headers, BBK Off-Road X-Pipe, MAC Cat-Back, ASP Pulleys, BBK 70mm TB/EGR, BBK Cold Air, 3.73 Gears, Hurst Short Throw, King Cobra Clutch, 4-Cyl Front Springs, BBK Rear, 90/10 Struts & 50/50 Shocks, Lakewood Lower Control Arms and Weld Draglites.
My MustangWorks Page
Jayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:34 AM   #7
magician2009
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi Scongie,

As for the Haters, they are most likely VERY jealous! It's really that simple. You have a 2009 Mustang GT, it is a georgeous pony with a rich, deep history. Secure people will compliment your vehicle; the whimps with the second-rate, late-model, mildly modified pocket-rockets will quote you lap stats.

But let me ask you this simple question: When you are kicking your Mustang on the open road, stereo blasting your favorite playlist, and the engine is rumbling and growling under your ass, how do YOU feel?

Lol. No worries friend. There is always a faster car, but the Mustang GT is the whole package, and the 2009 rocks!

Be loud and proud. Wait. No. Don't worry about being loud..... your bored-out GT will take care of that all by itself.

Scot.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:02 AM   #8
scongie
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magician2009 View Post

When you are kicking your Mustang on the open road, stereo blasting your favorite playlist, and the engine is rumbling and growling under your ass, how do YOU feel?

Scot.
Let me tell you. Sometimes I do not even turn the radio on because the engine is frickin awesome to hear. But yes cranking up the tunes while driving that car is great!
scongie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #9
CobraJet428
Registered Member

Quote:

They sound like Chevy people or import people for that matter or even pseudo-elitists from the Lexus/BMW world. I have a 2007 GT Convertible and have owned 4 mustangs in my life. It appears to me that certain Chevy owners as well as the ricer crowd have the Napoleon/short-man complex when it comes to vehicles and will stop at nothing to try to make you feel inferior or make you think your 'stang is inferior because they themselves have a complex. If everyone owned a 'stang, the world would be a better place!!! Be proud and happy.
Rice Haters Club Member #237
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible w/black top and charcoal interior, 18-in. polished aluminum wheels.
1978 Ford F150 Ranger Longbed, 400M w/automatic and 2 fuel tanks...get the picture?
1993 Mustang GT Dark Blue/Grey 2-tone. Flowmaster Mufflers and blackouts on the headlights. RIP (10/31/99).
1968 Mustang 6 cyl/C4 automatic
1938 Ford Pickup, Flathead V8 (85HP) with granny 4-speed..a restoration work in progress.
CobraJet428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
6T5PONY
Registered Member

Hey, I'm still driving my Mustang 42 years after I bought it. How many of those people smarting off will be able to say that with their current cars? (And it will blow away most of those ricers.) As for the rear drive, performance cars are rear drive. Period.

I don't understand the put down. There are good cars from several manufacturers. Parked here are my Mustang, a Firebird Formula, a BMW Z3, an Infiniti G35S and a Dodge (truck). All the cars are rear drive and manual transmission. All good cars. But which one gets all the positive attention when we drive it? Yep, the Mustang!

I just installed a Sirius satellite radio in it, but I still love to hear those pipes rumble!!

Enjoy your Pony. It doesn't get much better - even at twice the price.
6T5PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #11
USMC GT
2002 GT

Cool Re: Why do people hate?

I get that all the time. The answer is jealousy. And alot of it. Its normal though. People want stangs but they either cant afford it and/or the insurance, or they just cant handle it. I have 2002 with a mild set up. Most of my buddies cant hang, so they hate. Just remember, there is allways compition to destroy, leaving haters every where we go. PIECE!!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #12
jovyarcher
Registered Member

seriously, they hate you because they can't afford one. Mustangs are great cars, despite the fact that it is, in fact, a Ford car.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #13
2003SLVRSNAKE
Registered Member

"At least it's not made by Government Motors (GM)", that's what I say when people start dissing Fords and Mustangs. It usually shut them for awhile.
2003SLVRSNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #14
Nicole Josee
Registered Member

Chevy people will always put down the Mustang, the Mustang has a long history and unlike the Camero never went away at any time, they have always been an affordable car unlike those overpriced Corvette's, and Ford has been doing well during all these bailouts,

I have a '93 LX that still looks like new, I love this car because it is so easy to work on and there are so many aftermarket parts for it,
1989 Dodge Ram Van "Old Faithful #2"
Nicole Josee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: