MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-16-2002, 11:22 PM   #1
Torinalth
Registered Member

Default why do they even try

well, today I was comming home from work early cuz I was feeling just rotten. after getting off the belt line there is a row of three stop lights..... the second one always stops me, no matter what. and at that light a 6 cylinder pontiac sunfire pulls up next to me. I think nothing of it, light turns green I go, and I hear this horrid sound of a 6 cylinder being pushed too damn hard. I lok over and the guy in the sinfire is apparently racing me..... granted I take off fairly fast from lights, but nothing that would be even close to a race start.... anyhow, the guy is grinning hard and leaning forward and urging his sunfire to its extents.... I'm lightly pulling away from him at about half throttle and turn my blinker on for the street I have to turn off at. he shuts his sunfire down and dropps in behind me, pull up to me at the next lite and says, "good run, I almost had you." I mean, what do you say to that. I just gaped at him and he took off when the light turned green. I was in a stupor till hte girl behind me honked at me.

are all GM drivers like that? I just dont get it.

so, was that a kill, or, i dont know.... just thought I'd share.

Torinalth
Old 07-16-2002, 11:28 PM   #2
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Re: why do they even try

Quote:
Originally posted by Torinalth
"good run, I almost had you." I mean, what do you say to that. I just gaped at him and he took off when the light turned green. I was in a stupor till hte girl behind me honked at me.
LMAO!! That's too funny..... But it's not fair to stereotype all GM drivers to be like that. There are plenty cool ones out there, and there are plenty retarded Ford owners out there too. Sometimes it may seem like you only encounter a certain type of owner of a certain brand of car, but in all actuality it goes both ways. That story is still funny as hell though...
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 01:36 AM   #3
7up
Registered Member

The same thing happened to me the other day. I was at the light on a three lane one way road in the far right lane and I take off not too fast. Next thing I know I hear this overworked engine yelling at me from the far left lane. It is an older beamer sedan and this guy is hanging out the passenger side smiling and waving his hands like he's beating me. I was in second going pretty slow and I gave it some gas and walked all over them. I let off and of course they do the fly by. They got stopped at the next light and I revved my engine real loud when I was a few cars behind so they knew I was there and suddenly their blinker turned on and they turned when the light turned. I still smoked them whether they were there or not.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 01:21 PM   #4
*Steeda90GT*
Registered Member

A similiar thing happened to me last Christmas. I was on the main road in my town and one of those M-Coupes was next to me at a light.(God, those cars are so damn ugly...they look like a penis) Anyways he guns so I gun it and pull him hard, then he guns it again this time I hold second just play with him at max boost. I kept jerking the gas and letting off making him seem like he was gonna beat me than mashing the gas at the last second. So we come up to another light. He rolls down his window and says, not bad for a six cylinder, huh? As if he just beat me or something. Then he says, "What do you have under there, an eight?" I responded with no..rolling my eyes, I have a six cylinder just like you...(Meanwhile my S-Trim is whistling like crazy) So the light turns green and I decide, no mercy on this one. I seriously put multiple car lengths on him till he was way back in my mirror. It was such a joke.
94 Oxford White GT. 17" Factory wheels with 275/40/17 Nitto Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, Anderson Power Pipe, 24lb injectors, T-Rex external, 190lph internal, 3.55s, 65mm TB, Pro M 77mm MAF, Pro 5.0 shifter, Saleen Gauges, Crane ignition, MAC longtubes, catalytic h-pipe, flowmasters.
*Steeda90GT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 01:39 PM   #5
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

Default Re: why do they even try

Quote:
Originally posted by Torinalth
[B] 6 cylinder pontiac sunfire pulls up next to me.
no 6 cyl sunfires ever made, only 6cyl sunbirds.
geez are all mustang drivers like you j/k

Quote:
don't stearotype drivers by what they drive, enough said
Old 07-18-2002, 02:42 PM   #6
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

I'm gone for a few months and your all arguing about how many cylinders a sunfire, err, sunbird, what the hell was it again?

I'd say nice kill Torinalth, but I think I'd be offending you .
Old 07-18-2002, 06:26 PM   #7
Torinalth
Registered Member

sorry TA: it has been engraned in my since I was 6..... always been around mustangs.... hate chevy, hate chevy..... oh well.

anyhow, it was a 6 cylinder sun something, not high pitched enough to be a 4, nor deep enough to be an 8. and I read sun***** on the back of it at the second light.

oh well..... I still love the looks of the TA even though I'd never trive it.... only respectable GM *EDIT* In my mind. thought I'd add that to keep corvette and camaro freaks off me

Torinalth
Old 07-18-2002, 10:09 PM   #8
streetracinchik
Registered Member

Hey!! I drive GM & i know what cars to fool with & what ones not to!! My race car is a Ford tho......

Hardcore 5.0

Moderator, Mississippi Bad Boys

2000 Monte Carlo SS

1990 Mustang GT : Carbuerated, Holley 650, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, GT40P Heads, Worldclass T5, Full Length MAC Headers, Flowmasters, Roller Rockers, 3:73 Gears, 31 Spline Moser axles, Manual rack & No A/C

Ricer Hater's Club- member # 18
streetracinchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 07:31 AM   #9
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

You should have said "Where you racing me???".

Bill
11.97 @ 113.20
M/M 100, 7085

www.uprproducts.com
www.ponyexpressperformance.com
www.modulardepot.com
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 06:07 PM   #10
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

Location: Dover, Delaware...Ft.Pierce, Florida...Hiawassee, Georgia...Las Vegas, Nevada.

Naw, not really a Kill,in my opinion. More of a WTF? was that type of situation. I never knew they were all 4 cyl,Hmm?. I saw 1 a few ago at the track. He said it was stock. He went a 15.9 at like 88.ps: Going to Moroso tonight to see if I can break into the 15's.
86 Grand Marqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 08:36 AM   #11
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default Re: Re: why do they even try

Quote:
Originally posted by GONZO99TA

no 6 cyl sunfires ever made, only 6cyl sunbirds.
geez are all mustang drivers like you j/k

don't stearotype drivers by what they drive, enough said
HEY! Who let this GM guy in? lol j/k
that is probably one of the funniest stories I've ever heard. lol Stupid people shouldn't breed. lol I swear I really wonder what goes threw some peoples head, whatever it is, it isn't very much.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote