MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2001, 02:59 PM   #1
fastang
Registered Member

Post Why is my car a fat pile of $hit?

I just cant get this thing straight. If you have any ideas PLEASE speak up.
My most important problem is that its just not fast. For the money and parts I put on this thing I did not gain anywhere near what I was expecting, (and I wasnt expecting 12's) Its a little quicker than before and it breathes a lot better up top but it doesnt pull like it should.
Secondly it wont idle correctly. I have to rev it up to keep it from falling on its face untill the IAC valve decides to catch but sometimes it wont catch at all. When Im driving and press the clutch the idle wont fall past 1800 ever untill I come to a COMPLETE stop....then it falls on its face or I rev it up untill the idle valve catches.
Lastly, (I hope) My breather cap setup is pushing oil up through the tube that the fumes are supposed to to through. Its pushing the oil up through my intake tube, through my TB and intake all the way through the heads and is making my car burn oil.

I just want the car to run mid-low 13's on the street with my drag radials. I really dont think thats a lot to ask out of my combo. Do you? The car makes decent compression and the rings are fine. She hit a 14.6 stock and with all the junk in my sig I doubt it would crack a 13 without really pushing it hard. Im begining to become quite apathetic about this whole thing. Maybe all the crap Chevy guys talk about Fords is true? I sure hope not.
Kevin, I realize that this probably doesnt belong in this forum but please dont close or move it just yet. I want to know what the people that frequent this forum think since I talk to them more often, thanks guys, Jesse. p.s. I havent had a dyno tune w a custom chip yet but plan on it very soon.

------------------
95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote