MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-29-2003, 06:27 AM   #1
TruBluePony
Registered Member

Default Wrx

I was coming back from Columbus Saturday on 71-South running about 85 when I came up on a blue WRX in the slow lane. Unknown year but more than likely a 02 or 03, it was a real pretty blue as well, like a sonic blue. Plate had a county code number 25. He also had personalized plates but I don't want to post them. If anyone in the Columbus knows this guys mods I'd like to know. Now to the race, After i passed him he stayed back a ways and as soon as the traffic cleared he started coming ready to do a fly by. I downshifted to third and hit fourth and he went by me and kept pulling up to about 6-7 car length's, I was running about 120 or so when he jammed on the brakes. I shot past him and then realized why he slowed. There was a Highway patrol car sitting in the u-turn ahead. After we cleared him, at the posted speed limit of course , and cleared traffic I shifted back to third again trying to get him to bite but he didn't. After we cleared the next set of traffic with it still in third I nailed it and he did as well right behind me. I missed fourth the first time and had hit it again and then moved to the slow lane to allow him to pass if he was able. But he was stuck on my left with his front bumper about where my rear bumper was. I got up to 6000 in fourth and had to get out of it because of traffic ahead. He pulled up along side and I gave him and his buddy a thumbs up. I ended up following them all the way to 275 down by Cincy before I had to go west.
I'm assuming he did the fly by first because maybe he knew he couldn't get past me from an even start based on the second run where I even missed fourth and he still couldn't pass unless of course he wasn't in it all the way, which I doubt. Also I'm well aware that I was going to have to shift to fifth and at that point I was done. So I lost the first and won the second.
TruBluePony is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: