MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-24-2003, 04:13 AM   #1
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Default oh man - must read

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...postid=3378984

its one helluva LONG thread, but an incredible story and an experience everyone should be aware of....i highly suggest you sit with it and read it to the end...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 07:52 AM   #2
CADreamin
Registered Member

Wow...what a story. I feel bad for the guy, not only because he lost so much money but mostly because he's a complete idiot. Completing a transaction with $10,000 in cash and no receipt?!?

98 Mustang GT Coupe
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 11:40 AM   #3
bri32zz
Registered Member

Angry

WOW!!!! That really sucks. I feel for the guy
My CAR IS GONE R.I.P----I miss YOU 331ci, 69 Windsor heads ported and shaved , Trick Flow-Intake ported,JE blower pistons, Custom cam 542 lift, 1.73 rrs, Equal length headers, BBK Hi-Flow cats, Hurst shifter, 3:73 gears, Tremec 3550 tranny,Lakewood drag suspension-90/10 in front and 50/50 in the back. Lakewood traction bars. Edelbrock 70mm tb, K&N filter, Kirban fuel reguator, Custom sub-Frame connectors,83 lb squirters, powerdyne blower with 12psi pulley,
http://www.pumpoperators.com/brian/
Rice Haters Club Member #82
My wife is AWSOME!!!!!!!!
bri32zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 02:13 PM   #4
7DMACH1
Registered Member

Here's my opinion on this. Remember this is only my opinion and you might not agree with it. The buyer got taken because of greed. He knew the car was 3-5k cheaper than it should be!! That's the first red flag!!! The seller was way too friendy, offering him to eat first and not letting him see the car first. The seller was just trying to gain his trust. He seems like he knows cars, he was a Cerified Tech and soforth but, he ignored all the red flags. The title was not in the sellers name, the steering wheel and shifter boot had other paint on them but not the rest of the interior!! The dent and dings, scratches in glass, the fact the the brakes didn't feel right and the engine had no power. All the glass in the car was didderent. Doesn't seem to be the expert he claimed to be. He didn't look at the emissions stickers and all the vin numbers. He should have had the car inspected before he bought it. He should have gone to the library and ran a CarFax!! He acted like a kid in a candy store and he just had to have it. He couldn't really raod test the car!! There were way too many red flags that he ignored. Nobody deserves this to happen to them but you must check and double check. Just my .02. RAY
7DMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:20 PM   #5
Mach 1
Registered Member

The buyer got taken because he was an idiot. He was a licensed inspection mechanic, yet he didnt notice anything wrong with the car?

If you dont at least look underneath a car at the floor boards and see huge bondo patches, you got what you deserved.

So how does the story end? It gets cut short where he is about to fly home.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 11:11 PM   #6
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

That's a long ***** story, but it was entertaining. Crappy, but entertaining.

The guy knows what mistakes he made and what signs he missed. The real issue is the fact that scumbag lied to him and took his money.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 01:38 AM   #7
ac97gt
Registered Member

lol it was fun to read, actually, he wrote it well. like you all said and exactly what i was thinking the whole time.. what an idiot lol. 7DMACH1 hit the nail on the head. i couldnt believe for a second all the scam tricks the guy fell for... such as the guys name not even being on the title, and not even getting a receipt. i just wanna smack the guy i still cant believe he flew 3k mi on the guys word "NO DISAPPOINTMENTS" and a blurry picture. all to save $3k. why the hell did he think the car was $3-5k less in the first place (with low mi. and looking so good) lol. oh well, im sure he learned his expensive lesson, and after reading it, ive got twice as careful of an eye.

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 04:05 AM   #8
rbohm
Registered Member

Cool

this guy got greedy, and was blinded by his love for an e30 m3. he let himself get taken to the cleaners. that said, i do feel kind of sorry for him but when ever i look at a car and the guy starts giving me bravo sierra, i walk away and keep my money in my pocket. and it doesnt matter who it is. if god were selling a car and started BSing me i would walk.
by a band who died in a plane crash.

fordsix.com admin
rbohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:37 PM   #9
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

That was a crazy story.

If that happened to me I would probably be serving 5-10 years.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 02:02 PM   #10
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Scary that I read that, I'm going threw something similar to my pace car, I'm at work so I'll write the story out after... but my pace car was written off 2 times but had a clean title..... The vin # didn't match the chasis. The chasis is from a 1979 4cly Mustang from somewhere in the states, and they have no record of this car coming up to Canada. I've been trying to get my money back for a few months and it's been noting but bs but looks like it's going to small claims court. They found 4 different year Mustang parts on the car. It has a 83 hood, and a whole bunch of other crap. They had to take the vin # off my car, and put a new one on it. I'll take picture of it when I get home aswell. Either way, I've been screwed for about $7000 Canadian. Not as much as that guy, but I'm only 18 with alot of my money sunk into this car. I expect to get all my money back, but the police are involved now, and having the car towed to get checked and everything else comes out of my pocket.

Lesson to be learned, don't buy cars from auctions.

-Sam.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 03:47 PM   #11
ac97gt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
That was a crazy story.

If that happened to me I would probably be serving 5-10 years.
heh, thats the first thing that came to my mind too... get my money back or get revenge.. especially since he knows where the guy lives

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 10:17 PM   #12
aford50lx
Registered Member

THAT WAS A FUUCKIN JOKE,THIS GUY GOT WHAT HE DESERVES,YOU NEVER BUY A USED CAR AND NOT GET A RECEIPT,NEVER TAKE A CAR WITH A TITLE IN SOMEONE ELSES NAME,AND NEVER,NEVER BELIVE THE BULL$HIT PEOPLE TELL YA,AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK,YEAH RIGHT HE WAS AN EXPERT,IF THAT WERE TRUE,HE WOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN TAKEN--JERK!!!