MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Yep...I lost...To a 6 Spd LS-1 Bird. (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=25732)

Mercury 07-02-2002 12:36 AM

Yep...I lost...To a 6 Spd LS-1 Bird.

Yep. It has happened. I lost a 4th race in my 2000 GT. The Sandman was there to wittness it. This makes two losses to the same guy.

Its a modified LS 6spd Bird. I've talked to the guy before, he was pretty cool, well at least with me. His list of mods is Lid, Headers, and gears.

We played around alittle bit before we caught a light. Just some cat and mouse.

Well, we caught a light, side by side. No Revs, No goosing, no nothing. I wasnt sure if he wanted to, or was going to race. I didnt realize it was a guy I had raced before a while back till we started racing.

I wasnt even nervous or anything.

The light changed, and we just kinda left the light. No launching, not nothing, just normal driving. He got on the gas a little more, so I did also. He stepped a little further down on it, so I goosed it Real quick. Right after I lifted off the gas, He floored it. So I nailed it.

Through 1st gear we were pretty even. I just kissed the rev limiter, then slammed second. He hit second a little before I shifted out of first. When I hit second, I slowly started loosing ground. We raced up to 70. (I dont have my gears in my car yet..There sittin pretty on my dresser..I had hopped to get them put in two weeks ago..but then I got pulled over for speeding).

There was about 5 ft between his rear bumper and my front bumper.

During the race, I glanced over and caught the familar profile of the driver. I knew then I was beat. Argh..Oh well. The Sandman was surprised that I kept up pretty good against a modded LS-1. He gave me a thumbs up and a nod then turned off.

Cant wait to get my gears in...Argh.. I wonder what the outcome would of been if I had them in??:confused: It was a fun race, and a good race, I would of preffered from a dead stop though.

Skyman 07-02-2002 01:02 AM

What gears are u gonna put in, I thought u had 410s?

Skyler

Mercury 07-02-2002 01:08 AM

Yep, I got 4:10's, but there not in the car yet...I'm being a Ricer. At least I aint got the sticker on the window with out havin the part on my car.

The Sandman 07-02-2002 01:39 AM

There's always next time Merc ;)
Wait till you get your gears and go after him again.
Maybe next time you won't have all of my "dead weight" riding :p

302 LX Eric 07-02-2002 11:09 AM

Nice job, Merc. Can't win them all.

I've noticed that in my area, alot of the LS-1 guys are giving a little more respect to the newer 4.6's.

Take it easy,
E

explicitone 07-02-2002 02:03 PM

dont worry merc you cant win them all
aleast you did not back down and gave him a run for his money.
get the gears in and go get your self a rematch...

EZRIDN 07-02-2002 08:28 PM

Its all in fun man. Those 4.10s will make that car feel so different. You'll have to drive it all over again.

When can u go back to the track?

sedanman 07-03-2002 07:03 PM

Good run! I have a feeling with the mods he had (headers do wonders for LS1's) he would have pulled harder the faster you got going, but the man thing is in this race you almost had him, with gears and DR's you would give him fits to 70 or so.

Keep up the good runs.

And you are going to LOVE those gears!