MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2002, 12:36 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Wink Yep...I lost...To a 6 Spd LS-1 Bird.

Yep. It has happened. I lost a 4th race in my 2000 GT. The Sandman was there to wittness it. This makes two losses to the same guy.

Its a modified LS 6spd Bird. I've talked to the guy before, he was pretty cool, well at least with me. His list of mods is Lid, Headers, and gears.

We played around alittle bit before we caught a light. Just some cat and mouse.

Well, we caught a light, side by side. No Revs, No goosing, no nothing. I wasnt sure if he wanted to, or was going to race. I didnt realize it was a guy I had raced before a while back till we started racing.

I wasnt even nervous or anything.

The light changed, and we just kinda left the light. No launching, not nothing, just normal driving. He got on the gas a little more, so I did also. He stepped a little further down on it, so I goosed it Real quick. Right after I lifted off the gas, He floored it. So I nailed it.

Through 1st gear we were pretty even. I just kissed the rev limiter, then slammed second. He hit second a little before I shifted out of first. When I hit second, I slowly started loosing ground. We raced up to 70. (I dont have my gears in my car yet..There sittin pretty on my dresser..I had hopped to get them put in two weeks ago..but then I got pulled over for speeding).

There was about 5 ft between his rear bumper and my front bumper.

During the race, I glanced over and caught the familar profile of the driver. I knew then I was beat. Argh..Oh well. The Sandman was surprised that I kept up pretty good against a modded LS-1. He gave me a thumbs up and a nod then turned off.

Cant wait to get my gears in...Argh.. I wonder what the outcome would of been if I had them in?? It was a fun race, and a good race, I would of preffered from a dead stop though.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote