MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-15-2004, 11:49 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Yes, I live to Lie and Decieve.

Okay, I've had it. Yes, it is true, this juncture in my life has been extremely stressful. Work has been insanely busy with no after peak drop off...only an increase in bussiness. Girlfriend has been demanding beyond all beliefs and has been laying the pressure on to take the relationship "To the Next Level" when we cant even get by without arguing over stupid crap for 2 days. I just spent a good some of money getting my car back on the road, and have spent 12 hours Plus on Saturday and Sunday for 2 1/2 months straight getting it on the road.

One thing I dont need is to be called a liar, or embellisher directly or indirectly on my favorite internet site.

To those Bozo's. Look. I'm a 26 year old proffesional. I am a manager at a shipping company. A major freaking shipping company. I can balance my personal budget on my nose while juggling productivity at work, and preparing for the arrival of auditors. I cross all "T's" and dot all "I's".

I have gone through 6 years of college, and have 3 degrees to show for it. I have been teaching myself Physics (Astro Physics), and History for a few years now, and look to in the future get at least a four year degree in physics.

I am somewhat of established artist in Fayetteville. And, a decent amount of people who arent military know me in this town.

Time is little, and rest is even rarer still.

Why would I lie, or emblish on my posts? I guess its to make myself feel important to someone,or to impress someone. Look, impressing people is far from what gets my jollies off. In person, I rarely talk myself up, or boast. When conversation arises on something I know, or do well, I speak and bring something to a conversation...other wise I say little.

Why do you think I would lie to you all???? Sedanman...Tell me. I want to hear what it is you have to say. Since your so good at analyzing patterns, and obviously use such elusive details to come up with FBI quality phsycological profiles...I'm just dying to hear. (Oh...Criminal Justice is one of my degrees...and I exccedded at it...read a little law to)

Why is it you and a handfull of others think I am lying? Is it because perhaps your subscrition to such stero types against the Modular engines keep you from perhaps realizing certian things???

You know, I take pride in myself, and my friends for the engine we have built for my car. My friends are extremely proud of it, and us also. It turned out to be alot more than we expected. Forgive me for having pride in what it is that I work so F'in hard for, and have put so much blood sweat and tears into. Yeah, that dent in the drywall of the shop is from me getting pissed at a motor mount bolt, then throwing the ratchet, then cussing everything in site...But you know what...all of our scraped knuckles, time and devotion was more than worth it. I am proud of it.

Being proud of my machine give me personally no reason to lie, or over exageratte. Lying would only detract from the feeling of accomplishment of what my friends and I have created, and are still creating..tuning...and finishing. It would only be a put down to what we have done. I am not disapointed in anyway from what I have assembled, in all honesty, it far exceeded my conservative expectations.

Yes, if I was disapointed and had waisted money, I would see twhy you all would think I had incentive to lie, and decieve...Even if I personally was disapointed though...I would still not lie. I would find out what was wrong...what went wrong...and if it could be adjusted. Yes, more power is always better, thats why there are still things on my list to do, but EVERYONE is that way that loves racing. A true racer wouldnt really be satisfied till he has taken things to the limit, be it of technology, or his pocket book.

Plain and simple, the kills I post are actual events that have happened, regardless of what you all believe.

I have to little spare time to worry about impressing a bunch of people I dont even know. It just doesnt make sense to me...I'm more mature than that.

I dont know what you alls problems are, but if you all still insist that I'm lying....or embellishing....Heres a big fat middle finger to you.

Oh...and any serouis racers knows that to compare dyno readings from one dyno to the next from diffrent dynos is pretty useless. Just ask anyone that knows that much...If you use the same dyno then the results are comparable....but from one dyno to the next is good for just about nothing. That is one thing that if one read between the lines good enough would even be able to pick up from magazines....

Ask the people who do it for a living..Not just racing..or building race cars, but people whom also build and tune engines for everyday people...Steve Ashworth ring a bell to anyone here??? He's as good as they get. He'll also tell you straight up without trying to sell you something.

I wonder if some of you even know how there are diffrent types of dynos...and how there results vary.

I dont know what some of you alls problems are, but it is really starting to get on my god dam nerves. If you dont beleive me, or like me, then dont read my crap...simple isnt it? Or does that concept go right over your head? Probably so. Dont dare call me a liar though. That is one thing I'm not.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 01:35 AM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Oh, yes. One more thing. So much talk about the drag strip and time slips.

1. I havent got the chance to go yet.
2. My car isnt complete.
3. THIS IS THE STREET RACER FORUM. SO CAN IT.
4. Yes, I will post my time slips. Hell, I'll borrow someones scanner so they can scan the dam things and I'll post them up. ON THE PROPER FORUM!
Old 02-16-2004, 07:36 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I was just trying to stir the s h i t. I often question things I read on the net just for my own personal amusement.

I dont know about the other guy but me and you are pretty similar it seems. I am 27 and manage a company and I am heavily into art.

I may seem abrasive at times but its all in good fun
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:58 PM   #4
gtjeremy
Registered Member

isn't it funny how he looks to an internet message board to rant and rave and explain his personal dilemmas?
-yeah, enough said
gtjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:31 PM   #5
420nitro
Registered Member

HEY MERCURY!!!
I AM BEHIND YOU 100%.
I was, (key word) "was" a big time street racer in my street racing days and it was all about decieving your opponent. I loved it when someone thought I was full of shyte or my car was slow and then I just took all their money. But anyway who cares. And yes YOU CAN NOT COMPARE DYNO NUMBERS WITH OTHERS BECAUSE IT WILL BITE YOU IN THE ***!!! I have stated this in other forums before but people seem to think it is gospal or something. Dyno numbers are for show while the track is for the dough!
I just love hearing people brag about there 600-800 horsepower cars at this site or other site while it is there daily driver! Then all they can get is a 12 sec pass??!!! I watched a car put down 650rwhp and had a hard time keeping it strapped down,... then go with him to the strip and blow off an 8 sec pass. You tell me what is wrong with this picture. I know you can't compare these numbers with others but its simple things like that, that just make you say what the ******?
Those are my 2 cents I really don't care what people think!
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:33 PM   #6
sedanman
Registered Member

Default Re: Yes, I live to Lie and Decieve.

I am not even going to address you personal problems. To each their own.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury

Why would I lie, or emblish on my posts? I guess its to make myself feel important to someone,or to impress someone. Look, impressing people is far from what gets my jollies off. In person, I rarely talk myself up, or boast. When conversation arises on something I know, or do well, I speak and bring something to a conversation...other wise I say little.
I think its a situation where you are letting your own self pride cause you to get carried away. Surely you don't think you can beat a turbo bullit, or let a vette have a jump and then run him down like that with the mods you have

Quote:

Why do you think I would lie to you all???? Sedanman...Tell me. I want to hear what it is you have to say. Since your so good at analyzing patterns, and obviously use such elusive details to come up with FBI quality phsycological profiles...I'm just dying to hear. (Oh...Criminal Justice is one of my degrees...and I exccedded at it...read a little law to)
You have a long history of coming on here and braging about how bad *** your car runs then taking it to the track and not running the number. I mean alot of your stories are just rediculous, you claim to have raced a turbo bullit that when he went you then put it in first and ran him down by third, thats atleast a second head start, even if it was stock you would have a hard time doing that.

Quote:

Why is it you and a handfull of others think I am lying? Is it because perhaps your subscrition to such stero types against the Modular engines keep you from perhaps realizing certian things???

I like alot of the modulars, heck I seriously thought about getting a 96-98 and doing a PI swap with cams and all that jazz, but after watching them run (at FFW, NMRA events, local tracks etc) they have proven to not run the number especially NA. I may very well do a modular but if I do it will be a DOHC car.

Quote:

You know, I take pride in myself, and my friends for the engine we have built for my car. My friends are extremely proud of it, and us also. It turned out to be alot more than we expected. Forgive me for having pride in what it is that I work so F'in hard for, and have put so much blood sweat and tears into. Yeah, that dent in the drywall of the shop is from me getting pissed at a motor mount bolt, then throwing the ratchet, then cussing everything in site...But you know what...all of our scraped knuckles, time and devotion was more than worth it. I am proud of it.

Being proud of my machine give me personally no reason to lie, or over exageratte. Lying would only detract from the feeling of accomplishment of what my friends and I have created, and are still creating..tuning...and finishing. It would only be a put down to what we have done. I am not disapointed in anyway from what I have assembled, in all honesty, it far exceeded my conservative expectations.

I know the feeling, if you have followed me over the last five years, you will know how far my car has come. When I got on here it was stock, then bolt-ons, then Gt40 heads Ecam etc. then trickflow heads cam intake etc. Then ported heads and blower and this year it is even more insane. So I know the feeling. I also know that when it had the bolt-ons that I thought it was fast (14.0X's) and my first H/C (13.2@105.5) I though the car was insane but you have to keep it in perspective. If nothing more have respect for other cars, it's a insult to mustangs to say you are beating a turbocharged bullit. I just think you tend to get carried away with your post.

Quote:

Oh...and any serouis racers knows that to compare dyno readings from one dyno to the next from diffrent dynos is pretty useless. Just ask anyone that knows that much...If you use the same dyno then the results are comparable....but from one dyno to the next is good for just about nothing. That is one thing that if one read between the lines good enough would even be able to pick up from magazines....

Ask the people who do it for a living..Not just racing..or building race cars, but people whom also build and tune engines for everyday people...Steve Ashworth ring a bell to anyone here??? He's as good as they get. He'll also tell you straight up without trying to sell you something.

I wonder if some of you even know how there are diffrent types of dynos...and how there results vary.
Yeah, I am not a serious racer. I plan to attend several NMRA events this year running wildstreet. I hope to have the car running quite a bit faster then last year. I am well aware of what runs and what dosn't. I have several freinds that are very serious about fast cars (several own their own shops). I have hung out with several real street racers and renegade racers and have bullshited with them. So I think I know a thing or two.

As for dyno's they should be pretty close to the same if they are the same version (mustang dyno or dynojet) and the operator knows what they are doing. Most inconsistanceys come form a poor operator.

Needless to say just step back and look at your post, hell go to corral and look at what some of those modular guys are running, hell go check out the post I am going to make about your car running 104 stock.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:31 PM   #7
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

As for me posting my life and drama, yes I'm an open person. ONce again, if you dont like reading it...simple dont. That isnt all that difficult. And, also, there are several people on this site, who's insight I respect. There are some pretty intelligent people on this site, in many broad areas (Sorry Sedanman...You dont fall under any of those..You prove your lack of the previous mentioned by obviously not reading posts...or interjecting your own lines...then responding to them).

Dark 5.0.

I am genuinley sorry. I have taken you the wrong way so many times for so long and have got all flustered over it.

Sedan Man.

Obvouisly you do not undertand the meaning of the word speculate...do you know what that word means?? You have proven to me that your litterary skills are lacking...I speculate several possibilities as to what the Bullitt queer has done.

Did I ever say he absolutley had a turbo....Perhaps one should re-read my posts.

As for my races...yeah your right...the LS-1 Chicken truck one didnt happen....That one was fabricated if you couldnt tell...With your skills at perception I wondered about that. As for the others...They dont seem outlandish to me...the people I raced, or my friends that have wittnessed them. And its on the street..Not the track...There you went again talking about the track.....Talk about dense.

Yes, go a head and post my Trap speed on other sites...More than likely there will be at least someone else I know that frequents them, and most of them were either there when I ran a total of 8 runs at the track, or saw the slips.

Trying to impress me with the fact that you race in classes...Yawn....let me scratch myself now. That doesnt mean that you drive well...nor does that mean you know anything about cars....You personally might, but the facts you stated about you racing mean diddly squat.

OH, and I guess everyone that runs slower than you isnt fast then right? I'm sure alot of Mustang Works members would like you to tell them that there cars are slow. Guess the meaning of the word fast is based on your car. Do the magazines know this, or should I call and tell them of your standard for measure?

Hey, Everyone, if your car runs slower than 13's...Its slow..Accodring to Sedan man!
Old 02-16-2004, 10:59 PM   #8
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Obvouisly you do not undertand the meaning of the word speculate...do you know what that word means?? You have proven to me that your litterary skills are lacking...I speculate several possibilities as to what the Bullitt queer has done.

Did I ever say he absolutley had a turbo....Perhaps one should re-read my posts.
[/B]
You imply strongly that, that is what he had. Even so you would have a hard time running down a stock car like you claim.

Also, you are right one of the finest engineering schools takes idiots and honda hires idiots to work as engineers for them. I keep forgetting how dumb I am, sorry.

Quote:

Yes, go a head and post my Trap speed on other sites...More than likely there will be at least someone else I know that frequents them, and most of them were either there when I ran a total of 8 runs at the track, or saw the slips.
[/B]
Ok, then I will post it around and we can gauge the responses.

Quote:

Trying to impress me with the fact that you race in classes...Yawn....let me scratch myself now. That doesnt mean that you drive well...nor does that mean you know anything about cars....You personally might, but the facts you stated about you racing mean diddly squat.

[/B]
True, just giving some of my resume since you seem so hell bent on putting yours out.

Quote:

Hey, Everyone, if your car runs slower than 13's...Its slow..Accodring to Sedan man!
Slow, no, but its not fast either. In todays day and age when 13 second showroom cars are the norm with several running 12's a thirteen second street car is hardly impressive at the street races. Hell mine runs three seconds faster then that and I still feel far from a big dog.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:12 PM   #9
sedanman
Registered Member

Oh, mercury, you must not beable to drive at all if you trap 104 stock and run low 14's. Here is your post from way back when:

If it wasnt for the damn 102 degree weather with 100 percent humidity I would of broke into the 13's..Well I think (I ran several 14 flats..Me and Tim C were the fastest Lightly modded cars out there)
Old 02-17-2004, 12:35 AM   #10
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Best engineering school in the country...once again, ah never mind I grow tired of you. All we do is argue like a bunch of old ladies over politics and brownie recipies.

Its actually kind of fun, keeps me in practice for what ever my girlfriend throws my way.

Point is..you dont believe me. You have as little reason to trust me as I do you. Truth is...I dont believe alot you have said either. Dont know for sure or not though, and unlike some people...if I am not sure...I keep it quite.

Old 02-17-2004, 12:40 AM   #11
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Made a slight booboo.

I MADE AN ERROR...LOOKED UP MY SLIPS AFTER REREADING A POST....It was 103 MPH. Pardon my recollection.

Now I suppose that will be banter for your fodder, but to error is human. Accept my appologies for all I had mislead with the mention of 104 Trap speed, it was 103. I'll have them scanned now that I found them, and have them posted first chance I get.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:00 AM   #12
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Dark 5.0.

"I am genuinley sorry. I have taken you the wrong way so many times for so long and have got all flustered over it. "

You probably havent taken me wrong "for so long". Just in this instance you seem hypersensitive.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 11:05 AM   #13
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Merc - I think people see claims like: "My STOCK 4.6 GT went 104mph in high heat and humidity and I had the flu and... and ..." and instantly there is doubt. Why? Because alot of us here hang out at the track quite regularly and attend FFW and NMRA races and actually see what it takes to run these kind of numbers. Seriously, a STOCK late model GT running 104 is really hard to believe. Not that it couldn't happen at the right track, under perfect conditions, etc, but you get the point.

Now, I see that you've revised your mph down to 103...which is still cookin'!

Regardless, I'm not posting to bash you or anything, just trying to point out what I think makes people question some things.

Take it easy,
E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM   #14
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I don't even bother posting times or races on internet forums anymore.... there is ALWAYS someone that will call bs. When I get into a race anymore, it's between me and the guy I raced.

I've led a much happier online existance since then!
Old 02-17-2004, 06:01 PM   #15
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Quote:
Originally posted by joe4speed
I don't even bother posting times or races on internet forums anymore.... there is ALWAYS someone that will call bs. When I get into a race anymore, it's between me and the guy I raced.

I've led a much happier online existance since then!
Joe - there's NO WAY your Olds Eighty Eight ran a 16.4 @ 88...I'm calling BS right here. Enough's enough already! j/k

E
Old 02-17-2004, 06:08 PM   #16
joe4speed

Quote:
Originally posted by 302 LX Eric
Joe - there's NO WAY your Olds Eighty Eight ran a 16.4 @ 88...I'm calling BS right here. Enough's enough already! j/k

E

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's according to the ever-so-accurate g-tech!
And besides, I've got a K&N in that puppy!
Old 02-17-2004, 07:10 PM   #17
sedanman
Registered Member

Oh, well. I actually don't call BS that much but when I see things that are just wrong I have to address it. I just hate the idea that somewhere some kid is reading this who owns a 99+ GT and is going insane because his car traps 99-100 or that he does H/C and is only even with a vette not cars ahead. I just like more realistic expectations/post.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:16 PM   #18
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Quote:
Originally posted by joe4speed
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's according to the ever-so-accurate g-tech!
And besides, I've got a K&N in that puppy!
Oh, you've got a K&N? You didn't tell us about that mondo modification! I guess we'll let this one slide then...

E
Old 02-18-2004, 08:54 AM   #19
RBatson
Registered Member

Talking LOL!

I'm gonna have to agreed with Eric on this one.. there is no way that Olds is running that. I think Joe is really stretching it a bit, K&N or not!
Old 02-18-2004, 11:05 AM   #20
joe4speed

Did I mention that I have synthetic oil and splitfire spark plugs, too???

Oh... wait a minute.... I ALSO have a mustangworks.com sticker on it! There ya have it!