MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-26-2003, 02:15 PM   #1
88coupe
Registered Member

Default Yet another video, the coupe vs my friends yellow 92.

Okay well finally got me racing one of my good friends. It's pretty funny because I messed up shifting the race before, he was talkin crap (in a friendly manner.) So now he has another guy in his car that he kinda wanted to show off to when we race....
http://members.cox.net/goonie1/mevsbrock.mpg (its almost 10 megs)
Well that shut him up.
Okay Okay so its yellow and a couple other colors also....Its getting painted in a week.
88coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 04:34 PM   #2
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

not to be a dick or anything but...........

WHY DO MOST PEOPLE RACE FROM A ROLL NOW, I DONT GET IT.
in chicago its off a light or you have a flagger, from a stop

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 04:48 PM   #3
88coupe
Registered Member

We go from a roll because you don't always get a light, or have a flagger. It also atracts a lot of attention, and takes a lot longer then just going from a roll. And sometimes you cant come to a complete stop on the highway. I mean, were breaking the law, might as well be courteous to the people behind us.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:40 PM   #4
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by sn95gt19

I don't understand that myself. But i guess its about having fun.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:47 PM   #5
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:

alot of times (especially for high HP cars) its safer to run from a roll because you are less likely to spin the tires or get sideways running from a roll.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 03:06 PM   #6
explicitone
Registered Member

nice race
I hope your buddy gets it painted soon it looks like a ice cream truck J/K

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:13 PM   #7
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

Location: Dover, Delaware...Ft.Pierce, Florida...Hiawassee, Georgia...Las Vegas, Nevada.

That was not a bad question.Let me be 100% clear about the answer."True Street Racers that race for Money DO NOT! and I wanna make sure you understand,DO NOT! race from a roll" It is either with a Flag Man,"The Move" type of race,A "From Behind"Type or race OR A "Rolling out front" type of race (which means 1 car is not moving and the other goes out to a certain point,then the other goes after him."NEVER are both cars moving when the race begins.I have been in the "Street Racing" game so to speak,for 25 years so I kinda know of what I speak.This is meant to instruct,not make fun or anyone who might race that way.If thats how you wanna race, Fine by me.Just trying to help ones that don't know.Later.-----NE1 going to Bradenton in 3 weeks? Big Races setup!
86 Grand Marqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 04:16 PM   #8
runya2supra
Registered Member

Quote:

sometimes you cant catch a light. around where i live on the highways we usually just nail it from around 30mph. at a light its also a lot easier for a cop to hear you light em up
Old 01-30-2003, 05:23 PM   #9
Special K
Registered Member

I guess they race from a roll because it make it more a car race then a driver race.
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 06:24 PM   #10
88coupe
Registered Member

Whats the big deal guys... If I can catch a light i'm all for going from a stop. sometimes you can't go from a stop alight. It's not like we were racing for money or anything the guys one of my best friends. He taught me how to drive a mustang!

Im just wondering, is the video downloading all the way? My friend said it looked like he was in front when it ended, must not of downloaded it all? I am ahead at the end........???
Old 02-03-2003, 12:26 PM   #11
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

i was just curious i have never seen a race like that around here before, why dont you just go to some back road somewhere and do it.

we never run on a street with people, we make it as safe as possible............if that even makes sense, most of the cars around here run 10's at least, a few in 9's its really big around here, everyone and their mother has a big block.

Old 02-03-2003, 06:05 PM   #12
88coupe
Registered Member

I guess we could go out on a back road.... I'm sorry I posted a VIDEO of myself racing, and god forbid I didn't go from a stop. In OK thats how it's always been, for me at least. If its a big race I'll go from a stop.

About making it a car race and not a driver race... The race looks exactly the same from a stop. We had went once from a stop...we got a light but I didnt get it on tape. My car spins from a stop and a roll...doesn't make any difference.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:31 PM   #13
Simi Stang

Default racing

I'm with you 88coupe-
These people that are whining about...that not being a real race...and I've never seen a race like that?! What are you people talking about?! I can't tell you how many times I've rolled up on a complete stranger in a fast car on the street...and raced from...yeah you guessed it...a ROLL!! Duh! Do you guys think every race you are going to get into is planned and from a stop light/sign or from a planned "stop". Quit knit picking and post replies that are worth reading. Or post your own videos with cars racing from dead stops. A race to me...is...well...2 cars...both with the pedal to the metal...while driving next to each other! If one happens to nail it first, keep on racing until someone wins, of course...that is...if it's safe to. Let's say you are cruising down a street (moving) and someone pulls up next to you & throws a rev...do you guys not race, in hopes that you can maybe race from a stop?! I don't get that many chances to mess with guys on the street...I'd floor it!
Old 02-03-2003, 08:36 PM   #14
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by 88coupe
I guess we could go out on a back road.... I'm sorry I posted a VIDEO of myself racing, and god forbid I didn't go from a stop.
Actually, i look forward in seeing your videos. Were can you see a guy in his Stang that cant sing and shifts like grandma?

Got anymore vids? Me personally, you really dont get any practice racing from a roll. But it is still cool. I rather line up than roll. Thats just me.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:13 PM   #15
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

i think you people need to fix that wedgie your thongs are giving you and change your tampons while your at it. it was a simple question, i have seen more and more of races like that, and was just wondering WHY.

dont get your panties in a bunch.............damn*

Old 02-03-2003, 11:42 PM   #16
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

Location: Dover, Delaware...Ft.Pierce, Florida...Hiawassee, Georgia...Las Vegas, Nevada.

I never said it was a bad thing. I was just instructing the ones that might not know, that Real Money Street Racing isn't done from a roll. Thats It.Shoot;most of us have mashed it next to another car. I did it tonight alongside a New 6cyl Stang. We mashed it at about 30 and let off at about 80.He was a few lengths behind.He asked "What u got in that Beast" I laughed and said a Basically stock 302 W/Nitrous(which I didnt use). He was like,"not bad for that Tank" I laughed as we pumped gas.
86 Grand Marqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 03:03 PM   #17
Simi Stang

Default panties

Quote:
dont get your panties in a bunch.............damn*
Exactly! You guys were acting like he was from a different planet because he went from a roll. Pretty funny. And obviously when you race for $$...you are going to be going from a dead stop. I was just surprised so many people were knocking his video. I for one thought it was entertaining. Any video that is in the day time...has a car(s) with a V-8 in it...& the camera doesn't move around so much that it gets me queasy...then I say, thumbs up! Sorry if I offended anyone? No hard feelings guys.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:57 PM   #18
88coupe
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 86 Grand Marqui
Real Money Street Racing isn't done from a roll.
Real money street racing doesn't involve slow cars like mine! I'm not getting my panties in a bunch. How about the next video I post I'll go from a stop. It will be against an AWD Eclispe (the only way he will race for sure).

srv1, quit making fun of me. I can shift now and I wasn't trying to sing. I actually have a very beautiful singing voice which ranks above the talents of Yanni. Uhhh!
Old 02-04-2003, 10:09 PM   #19
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by 88coupe
srv1, quit making fun of me. I can shift now and I wasn't trying to sing. I actually have a very beautiful singing voice which ranks above the talents of Yanni. Uhhh!
Maybe you should get together with the guy who wears the wig(yelowjaket) and race him!

do you got anymore videos?
Old 02-04-2003, 10:39 PM   #20
88coupe
Registered Member

I don't really have anymore right now.. Just a real short and crappy race between a 93 Cobra, and a Dakato RT (5.9) that was pretty quick, but the guy had never heard of "3 honks" and would randomly gun it when i wasn't ready. Still kicked his *** though.