MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-28-2001, 12:08 AM   #1
gt-hunter
Registered Member

Talking Supra Power???

LOL...laughable...I'm very sorry I didn't get a chance to reply on that troll before it was locked but since I'm sure he will continue to troll and will most definitely read this post...just wanted you to know:

Last time I raced a Stupra TT the guy had a boost controller, full exhaust, CAI, k&n plus whatever else he wasn't showing me and a biiiiig FAT smile on his face when I asked him to run.

LOL...I giggled my way to a couple of School Busses by 110mph on this fool and he couldn't figure out why (I don't have purge installed ...) but I didn't see any more teeth
Since you must go to Supra Forums I'm sure you would know that since he had some buddies film the race (thinking he was going to post it online) but I guess his camera must have malfunctioned cause I didn't see it on any of the Supra sites.

Thanks for stopping by

Mike

------------------
1999 Z28 M6 Arctic White,
13.27 @ 106.39, 2.022 60' n/a

[This message has been edited by gt-hunter (edited 09-28-2001).]
gt-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 12:37 AM   #2
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

i put in a new topic on stupra's ,also then re- thought& had it cancelled . it ain't worth it, don't they have their own site somewhere , i think unit answered the fact's well enough. it just ain't worth it to talk to them i'm just going to let it be & laugh my a$$ off , oopp's velly , velly solly banzai!.

------------------

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-28-2001).]
Old 09-28-2001, 01:37 AM   #3
PKRWUD

What kind of car holds the top speed and fastest time records in quarter mile racing in the NIRA (National Import Racing Association)? That's right, a FORD. What kind of car sets these records and is currently in first place, beating twin turbo Toyota V6's and Turboed Rotary Mazda six bangers? Yes, it's a FORD. To be more specific, it's a single turbo 2.0 liter 4 cylinder Ford Focus. A single turbo 4 cylinder beating the pants off of twin turbo V6's??? You bet. Why waste the time on a ricer V6? If nothing else, they can beat the Honda's!

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 02:18 AM   #4
mustang marty gt

Wink

go pkrwud , go boy go , enough said!

------------------
Old 09-30-2001, 12:06 PM   #5
#1 Pony
Registered Member

You know I was reading on a Supra site about when you put on a twin turbo you'll be beating/fighting Ferrari's, and other exotic imports. They said you will not have to worry about Mustangs and Camero's. Yeah, right!! You will not have to worry about stock ones.
And of course they were talking about the Supra in Fast & Furious. I had to laugh,
I said to myself let my put a turbo or twin on a mustang, I'll be eating Supras alive and killing Vipers.

Yeah, I would be fast if I put turbo on my car too.. but it's sad when I can still beat you with out it.

I respect all cars, but when people think they are better than everybody else, that makes me mad.
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 03:15 PM   #6
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

kinda ironic.....i smoked a supra last night......beat him from a stand still,beat him from a roll ,and toasted him on top end......he kept trying and i kept putting him in the rear view.....was fun as h*ll

think he was stock other then stickers and rims......but mine is mostly stock with 172,000 miles on it.......he might have got me in top end .....i think he just wasn't brave enough(took the old girl up to 140ish).....but from 0-100....had him easy

------------------
i'm really a not so old guy with 87 gt.......87gt,T top -169,000 on odometer-14.7 qt.m/80 capri(future project)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 08:05 PM   #7
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

[This message has been edited by Skyman (edited 09-30-2001).]
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 08:18 PM   #8
Rev
Registered Member

Hee,hee, Sky, I thought maybe it was me that was getting the posts mixed up.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 09:20 PM   #9
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD:
What kind of car holds the top speed and fastest time records in quarter mile racing in the NIRA (National Import Racing Association)? That's right, a FORD. What kind of car sets these records and is currently in first place, beating twin turbo Toyota V6's and Turboed Rotary Mazda six bangers? Yes, it's a FORD. To be more specific, it's a single turbo 2.0 liter 4 cylinder Ford Focus. A single turbo 4 cylinder beating the pants off of twin turbo V6's??? You bet. Why waste the time on a ricer V6? If nothing else, they can beat the Honda's!

Take care
~Chris

I thought that paopadakkis or whatever his name is in the red civic held the import drag racing record with a low 8 I could be wrong though

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers, mac cold air fender kit, 3.73 FMS gears, Steeds Tri-ax shifter, Steeda underdrive pullies, Custom off road X-pipe, 2 chamber flow masters, cowl hood, nitto drag radials, ford racing clutch, 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs. (Best E.T. 14.79@93mph @3000ft)
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 12:17 AM   #10
Unit 5302
Registered Member

In a race vs a mostly stock Mustang, I'd have to say the TT Mark IV Supra will usually thrash us. They run low 13's stock. Pretty much dead even with a decent driven C-5.

They respond well to modification as well. It's not hard to put them deep into the 12's.

Bottom line is some guy came on here blowing his horn (like most Supra owners) thinking his bad *** Jap car has no rival. We all know there are a shitload of Stangs out there that will roast his sorry *** , no matter what he has done to it. I don't have a problem with a person knowing there car is fast, I have a problem with people who think they have gods gift to the automotive world. In most cases anyway. If there was a guy on here with a Ferrari 456GT or F360, I would still tell him where to shove it if he decided to claim his car was faster than all others, but to compete with those cars on a closed circuit course is nearly impossible.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 08:32 AM   #11
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302:
...If there was a guy on here with a Ferrari 456GT or F360...but to compete with those cars on a closed circuit course is nearly impossible.
So is buying one when your an average joe.

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 11:22 PM   #12
PKRWUD

5.0 HO-
The guy you're thinking of holds the record in the Pro-Comp class with 8.150 @ 166.74, but the overall record (Pro-Import class) is 7.567 @ 174.71mph, held by RJ Simrock, in a Focus.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote