MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2003, 02:00 AM   #1
RBatson
Registered Member

Default 04 Mach vs 03 Cobra

Well I had my first run in with a Cobra. We were leaving town loaded down with xmas gifts, my new wife and her lap dog. I had seen this Cobra vert before, I delivered to the guy for a few years and had seen him on the street with the new cobra a few times since I changed routes. I rolled down my window and got his attention and waved at him. He remembered me and we tried to talk for a bit.. I left it in 3rd@ around 40mph and gave it some gas and was passing him when he shifted to 2nd and showed me what owning a cobra was all about!! It was no joke!! That car walked me like well... it left my ***. We came up on the next light and I asked him "You shifted to 2nd?" and he said yeah. He said he had upgraded the exhaust, chip and blower pulley.. I couldn't hear much more than that over the 2 cars. Soo.. I didn't shift down to 2nd but it was more than evident to me that the new Cobra was no joke, no joke at all!! My wife kept teasing me about how he walked me and I told her if she kept on I'd be trading for a new Cobra.. Heeh!(So she backed off a bit) I know I said that the Mach was the best deal for the money and don't get me wrong, I love my new Mach but... I now wish I'd spent that extra $8k for the Cobra. WOW! I'm gonna keep the Mach but I just gotta go ahead and get new bearings and rings in the old 89 vert(with the blown 331) and hope I run into him again. I told her once I get that done I'd take her for a ride in a 'fast' car. Hmmm... maybe I should just sell both and get me a new Cobra