MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2002, 07:39 PM   #1
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Angry Shopping for the Mustang GT Stinks!

Man, I'm getting tired of looking for stuff. Don't know who else has noticed, but the price on the Mustang GT's has sure been slow to drop. I've having a hard time finding what I'm looking for too. That's led to a whole lot of wondering what I should be looking for!

As it stands right now, 1994-1998 Mustang GT. Blue. 5spd. Under 80,000mi. Leather, all options other than that infernal AOD. Trying to find one in blue is like looking for a set of keys in a snow drift.

Basically, I'm looking to make a N/A combo with about 320hp that retains most of the stock driving characteristics. I've chosen a GT40P combination for the 5.0, or a 99GT+ set of 4.6L heads. I think either combo will run me about 2k when all is said and done, but I have questions if the 4.6L will make the hp I desire, or if it's reliable at high CRs for more than just a few thousand miles. I've had a real hard time pulling up technical data on the head and piston specifications on the Gen I 4.6's. I want to be able to calculate exact CR on the 96-98 when the 99GT head swap is done. I've heard 11:1 or so, which makes me leary.

There are way more nice looking quality 96-98GT's in blue though, so it just makes things hard. I've also considered the Saleen S281, outside of blue (cause it already looks pretty killer, lol) That REALLY requires some extra oomph under the hood though. Those early S281's in N/A form are pretty sorry.

I've considered the 99GT, as I like the looks more, but they aren't any quicker than my current car, and they are hard to find for a decent price around here.

Arggh. Makes it hard. If I wanted red/white/black I'd have no problems That and the price between a real nice 94GT and a real nice 99GT can vary as little as about $4,000.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote