MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2002. It Was A Pretty Decent Year (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=32730)

PKRWUD 01-01-2003 07:37 AM

2002. It Was A Pretty Decent Year

Like I do every year, I have been reflecting over the past year, and I realized that it was a pretty good one. For some reason, it usually seems like it wasn't, but 2002 was a pretty decent year.

I've been a member of Mustang Works for almost 4 years, but I met more people here last year than the first 3 combined. I formed and improved upon some really tight friendships here. The best weekend of my life took place last year. I learned a lot about myself, and a lot about human nature last year. I built and maintained a pretty kick a$s website, shaved most of my beard off, and stayed out of jail last year. I drank less alcohol last year than any other since 1980, except for the year I was locked up. I learned even more about setting up our Sprint Car, and was responsible for the only win we got last year. My condo increased in value 3 times more than I paid on my mortgage, and my cats all survived last year.

I didn't win the lottery, or meet the perfect woman, but those are two things I don't ever expect to happen, so for me, it really was a pretty decent year.

I've come to appreciate that it's the the small stuff that counts.

Happy New Year.

Take care,
~Chris

Dark_5.0 01-01-2003 11:07 AM

2002 was indeed a good year for me. I bought a house, I bought a Cobra I always wanted one of any year.

All of my family and friends stayed in good health, and I broke into the 13's.

Later,

tireburner163 01-01-2003 12:17 PM

I got engaged and got a GT:)

I've also been blessed with a huge hangover and a general lack of not knowing what happened last night:confused:

01-01-2003 01:30 PM

LOL

Tireburner163 wrote: "I've also been blessed with a huge hangover and a general lack of not knowing what happened last night"...

LOL...Reoccurring theam in my life....Not this time...LOL

Well done Tireburner, hopefully the Mrs. (to be) enjoyed hrself too..

LOL

Well, I have had a good year, I am alive and somewhat healthy.... :)

I escaped my impending doom when, by the grace of God, my husband left me, we sold our house, made $150,000, I got to keep the V-6 Mustang and then bought a new 2003 GT. I got to meet the girlfriend. My mother was diagnosed with congentative heart failure, my brother is a case and was jailed for nearly 1/2 of 2002 (wee, this was really OK with me)...:)... I started working again for the 1st time in almost 5 years and was accepted by my old employer with open arms and a smile...I found all you guys as my buddies and a little place to come blow off steam and laugh....I had one of the most interesting, yet best weekends of my life, learned a lot about myself and human nature :D .... and I met a gentleman who is, in so many words...just like me. He is a top notch, high class, smart fella who, in a different life and time, would me my Satuday morning football, current events kinda guy; unfortuantely, he is married and off limits...We all have our issues....LOL....

So with the new year starting I hope to worked hard, fight less, love more and enjoy my time on Earth..

Happy New Year and God Bless all ~Jenn~

induction 01-01-2003 01:30 PM

Re: 2002. It Was A Pretty Decent Year

Quote:

Originally posted by PKRWUD
Like I do every month, I have been reflecting over the past 12 hours, and I realized that it was pretty good . For some reason, it usually seems like it wasn't, but 2002 was a pretty decent year.

I've been a member of Mustang Works for almost 2 years, but I met more people here last year than the first 1 combined. I formed and improved upon some really tight friendships here. The best weekend of my life took place last weekend. I learned a lot about myself, and a little about human nature last year. I vied and maintained membership at a pretty kick a$s website, shaved all of my m--- off, and stayed out of jail last year. I drank less alcohol last year than any other since 19??, except for the year I was knocked up. I learned even more about setting up our yard sale, and was responsible for the only Gin we got last year. My --- increased in value 3 times more than my sisters, and my children all survived last year.

I didn't win the lottery, or meet the perfect *woman*, but those are two things I don't ever expect to happen, so for me, it really was a pretty decent year.

Happy New Year.

Take care,
~Mandy

I've also been blessed with a huge hangover and a general lack of not knowing what happened last night

love ya Chris, BTW now do you believe that im back lol

jj_jonathon 01-01-2003 02:33 PM

i graduated high school in 2002 and got my GT....the graduating part has lots of ups and downs, but the GT is all up....hehe....great year on the whole IMO...

6T9PONY 01-01-2003 03:14 PM

Quote:

I too, have started to realize this over the past year.

I would say the first 1/3 of this year sucked total *****. Lot of family/friend/girlfriend problems that I loved so ******* much. But after those first 4 months were over things started turning around and going positively. Got the Stang done, girlfriend problems resolved, had a successful track season of my junior year. Had an enjoyable, albeit way too short of a summer. I had an injury-free and successful senior football season, finishing 2nd in the state receiving and with post season honors. I'm now starting to get a little stressed out with college crap that I need to get done. Oh, what a flippin joy....:rolleyes:

But all in all, it was a pretty decent 2002.

Happy New Years!:D

HotRoddin 01-01-2003 04:27 PM

Hmmmm 2002 ... I survived it so how could i consider it anything but a good year :D
As for 2003 ... There is an awful lot so see in this world. I haven't seen nearly enough of it, and my family has seen way to close to none of it. I intend to try very hard to rectify that in 2003 !
Happy New year to all my friends at MW:D

lx mike 01-01-2003 07:12 PM

The small things are what made me realize that it could have been worse. lost my mother in november but at least she got to see her great grandson and spend one more summer with her granddaughters. I had my 5 year anniversary at work, thats the longest i have been at any job!! and one big thing My Brother!!

PKRWUD 01-01-2003 08:09 PM

Re: Re: 2002. It Was A Pretty Decent Year

Quote:

Originally posted by induction
I've also been blessed with a huge hangover and a general lack of not knowing what happened last night

love ya Chris, BTW now do you believe that im back lol

Feels like old times!

:D

Take care,
~Chris

Topless In Texas 01-01-2003 11:05 PM

In Reflection..

Good thread...
Ya, for those of you whove been here all year long, most of you know this has not been the easiest year for me...one of the best things to come out of it, was my relationships and friendships formed here on MW....When things were just SO overwhelming, I found peace here on the boards, and ya'll encouragement and humor pulled me out of some really down times....THANK YOU!! and some of you who I"ve talked personally to, I REALLY appreciate ya'lls support over the past year on different stuff and for ya'll letting me talk. Ya'll have been lifesavers for me!! :D

Ive now been in the "Money Pit" (my new house) for 10 months...things have finally quit breaking, and I thought I was gonna lose my mind for a while. I like the fact that my house is finally starting to feel like a home now. Now, of corse, my car is doing to me what my house did, but, God willing, I"ll make it thru all this too.

I had my year of travel, and have been fortnate enough to do alot of really neat car related trips. My traveling is gonna have to come to a stop now. But, I had alot of fun.

I have a healthy, pretty, smart and wonderful daughter, and a new puppy,(who is in my lap now w/ her head on my mouse hand..:) and I have spent my year sharing my time w/ the people that mean the most to me...I myself did a lot of soul searching this year and know EXACTLY what I want for myself in my life, and will never, ever give up on it!!! :)

Last year had its share of SEVERE Downs and MANY MANY GREAT UPS!!! Over all, I feel like 2003 has GOT to be better in many ways....and I'm looking forward to it. :)

BTW: About last night!!! :eek: still trying to figure out why the back of my head is totally NUMB>..I woke up that way. Has no feeling when I touch it,(still doesn't) and my neck is sore, but other than that, I had a GREAT New years...spent it at WhiteSnakes w/ Rainman drinking margaritas, eating, playing poker and hanging out, crashed over there, so I didn't chance driving home!....got home this afternoon, and I have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ALL DAY LONG...Except pick up Racie from her Baby(dog) sitter...:)

I hope everyone here has a GREAT 2003 and that all your wishes come true!!!!! Best of luck to all ya'll this year for a Healthy, Happy and and Content 2003!! :D
:cool:TNT:cool:

69fastback 01-01-2003 11:26 PM

:D I know 2002 was a good year for me. Other than being in kuwait for 6 months of it, but that is ok that got me a 91 gt that is very nice. I also got married couple of days ago. Looking forward to the life that is waiting for me in 2003 when i get out the army and get to be with my wife everyday.

Topless In Texas 01-01-2003 11:32 PM

DID I MISS THIS????

Quote:

Originally posted by 69fastback
:D I also got married couple of days ago. Looking forward to the life that is waiting for me in 2003 when i get out the army and get to be with my wife everyday.
:eek: :D OMG!!!! DID I MISS A POST SOMEWHERE??? CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!! I didn't know you got married!!!!!! :) TOO COOL!!!! I WISH YOU THE BEST!!!!!!! :cool: :)
Thats great!!!
TNT :cool:

69fastback 01-02-2003 12:09 AM

I never posted it before but yes i got married on DEC 28th. Wasn't a big cermony or anything that will be in AUG. I had a very wonderful weekend though.
TNT thank you very much.

joe4speed 01-02-2003 04:45 AM

It was a decent year, I've lived life, loved and lost in love, but most of all made some really great friends, and became closer with old friends, I've always known how important friends are, but distanced myself because of events that have happened in the past couple years. I had lots of sex ( ;) ) and lots of fun! :) ;) :D and it's only gonna get better! I'm involved in a great website that will grow and has great possibilities in the future. My family is doing good, and is healthy. I lost all my debt, which was HUGE!
All I can say, is I hope 2003 is even better! :) For ALL of us! Happy New Year!

I was hungover, But that was because I had to work and didnt leave work till 4 am, and I was hammered when we left, then went out anyways with the crew! Got home at 8 and went back to work at 3, but made 400.00 in the process! :)

1969Mach1 01-02-2003 10:24 AM

2002 Had it's up's and downs with me. Being with what is now my ex, I went threw some rough times with her in the beginning and it ending in the end of the year. I had my Mach 1 which I was greatful for, although now she is gone, but has been replaced with the Pace Car. I graduated high school, had a very fun summer, and only got 1 SPEEDING TICKET!! and I got off of it too! :D :D :D I've learned so much about myself, and life aswell. I got to be alot closer to all my friends, I've made alot of new friends aswell. I got a very good job working for the goverment aswell. I can look back and share many stories I've had in 2002. As for 2003 coming up, it looks very good. It seems like everything is going to come together for me this year, I met a girl that I have so much in common with last night, she loves cars, and believes in everything I believe in aswell. I'm going to the movies with 2 very pretty girls tonight, I've met some girl at work that I adore. It seemed like the single life has been waiting for me, my g/f leaves me, the year changes and I have my choice between girls. I don't know what's going on but I'm going to try to really enjoy this year to it's fullest. If I come out of this year dead or alive, I know it'll be with a smile on my face. :D

Best Wishes for 2003!
§am.

Coupe Devil 01-03-2003 05:31 PM

Bought a truck -- Got Fired from job
Built a race car -- Tearing it down now.
Still Single -- Still Single

2002 freakin sucked.. Outlook not looking so good either

Bradley

Crazy Horse GT 01-03-2003 10:19 PM

i had a few good times in 02, but 03 is gonna suck even worse.:(

Topless In Texas 01-05-2003 03:33 AM

:)

Quote:

Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
i had a few good times in 02, but 03 is gonna suck even worse.:(
Chin up Marty!!! :D Just treasure your moments NOW!!! and know that if you ever need any help or a friend, I'm here. Enjoy your trip to the Keys....TAKE LOTS OF PICS...............I expcect to see them POSTED....lol...if you can ever figure out how to work your damn camera! :rolleyes: lol!
Ya'll stay in my thoughts and prayers. You and Odie are Good People. We need more like ya'll around here....
TNT :)

bigdave 01-07-2003 10:53 AM

2002 sucked for me. Pretty much the only good thing I got out of it was losing my virginity. I went about 5 months without having a car, during those times, I just sat at home doing nothing, relying on my mom for everything. My Bronco blew it's transmission, and has been dead for 4 months because I have been putting all my money into my Cobra which I wish I had never bought. Other things sucked about the year, but those were the main points.:mad: