MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-29-2001, 10:04 AM   #1
rbatson

Thumbs up 2003 Mustang Terminator

I can't believe it!! They are actually doing it!!

Mustang Terminator

Warning: It loads reaaallll sloooww
Old 12-29-2001, 11:49 AM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

rick have you seen the mach 1 they are thinkingabout building,the hp level is between the gt & the cobra,i thought jack roush was going to buld the terminator?see ya

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 01:05 PM   #3
hotrod_atv
Registered Member

Default 2004 Lincoln Towncar

whaddya think of the 2004 lincoln towncar coming with the high performance 6.8 liter V12. Right now we have a lincoln mark VIII with the 4.6 V8 and that can hit 155mph so think what the V12 will do to it

"Drive it like its a ford"
hotrod_atv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 02:09 PM   #4
Tod
Registered Member

finally, Ford getting out a "supercar" of sorts. can't wait to see those things role off the line. i want one already.
Old 12-29-2001, 05:32 PM   #5
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Looks like some interesting stuff. I can go for a 400hp stang.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 07:08 PM   #6
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

OHHH MAMA!!!

I like that.... but I think I'll hold on just in case the Mach 1s make it out.....

If Ford puts out the Mach 1, I'm getting a car loan...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 07:24 PM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

hammer i saw a pic of the mach 1 its sweet they used the old stipes ,and the black matte on the rear like the 70 model, they -if they do it -are going to paint them in the hugger colors, the one i saw was hugger blue,will look into it more and let you know,i think i would like one too.oh yeahit's also got the old mainly flat black hood.see ya

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 11:17 PM   #8
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Maybe some day they will put the cobra R motor into a production mustang then i would be all over that thing. Can u imagine all u would have to do is throw on a blower and it would be over. Until i will just keep my money for my f 150s i love those things.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 09:39 AM   #9
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

damn why couldn't i be a few years older just so i could afford one????? I agree with putting the 5.4L in the mustangs. they should make a base v8 mustang with the 4.6L and if u want u can order the 5.4L lightning engine with a 6 spd trans. that would be to much of what ppl want for ford to do that though
Old 12-31-2001, 11:46 AM   #10
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Thumbs down

I think Ford should start thinking about a bigger engine. As long as they keep using the 4.6, I don't see any reason why any of us should run and get the Mach1 or the Terminator.
By the time these 2 models arrive in the market my 99gt will be paid, obviously even if I sell my car privately I still would not be able to get the money I have put in aftermarket parts.
So what that the "Terminator" has a supercharger, once my car is paid (in 1.5 yrs) then I will be able to afford a supercharger for my car.
Oh I know that Ford is going to say that the handling is better in these new cars, well guess what "ford" I removed the factory suspension from my car and installed aftermarket parts,.. and you know what "ford" my car now handles like a rock.
Listen "ford" put some decent engine in your new mustangs then I might trade or sell my car even if I lose money.
"Ford" please do the math why will I buy your $35,000 or $40,000 Terminator when soon there will be more aftermarket parts available for our old 4.6 that will "smoke" any of your new models, it just doesn't make sense.
Besides adding a supersharger doesn't mean that the terminator is faster that the camaro, all it means is that "ford" had to add a supercharger in order to bit the slowmaro, but hey the slowmaro can also add a supercharger and once again we will be looking at their bumpers.
All I can say is "ford" you are pathetic still using 4.6's in your new cars.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 12:50 PM   #11
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Rocket 99 GT.

If you hate the 4.6 so badly. Trade yours in, buy a now extinct Camaro or Firebird LS-1, and stop complaining. Do you know of the growing process and pains that the Windsor small block went through? It didnt just jump into legendary status you know.

If bigger is always better, why dont you go buy some of those mamoth engines that were put in the racing cars of the early early 1900's. Hey some of them had 600 cubic inches and more.

Wow. 600 cubic inches, you should be able to build some mad power. Guess what, its a Ford 4cyl. Oh, how about we all rally and Demand that Ford starts putting the ol FE 428 back in cars (That would actually be cool, but impossible due to tree huggers).

Hmmmm...Oh or how about the old Cadillac 500's. Man with all them cubes, there gotta be some mad power there. Ports on the heads?????Combustion chamer desing and size???????Piston velocity???????WHO CARES. More cubes equal better.

As for Ford Having to put a blower on the 4.6 to beat the camaro, you just keep on thinking that. You might have to spend a little more money than building a NA 302, but it can be done.

One thing that irks me, Seems like the old saying You cant teach an old dog new tricks applies to the automotive world also. Why is everyone so afraid to work on the 4.6's? The combustion process is the same, the only main diffrences are, the cam is in a diffrent place, there are two of them instead of one, and the timing chain is a whole lot bigger.

I guess I'm not as partial for the ol Windsor block as most of you all because I've only been into the Mustangs and Fords for the last ....oh....9 years. And just recently took to the new Mustangs and Fords. As an old car nut, I used to look down on the new Stangs, including Fox-Body's. I thought they were turds, but thats because I hung around with alot of BigBlocks.

Thanks to Tim C though, I have changed and can appreciate all years of Fords and Mustangs. I have been particualary facinated with Fords Modular engine. From a engineering stand point, its a pretty stout strong engine. Sure its big and bulky, but thats because the cams are on top of the cylinder heads.

As for week bottom end bieng week on the 4.6's. I would like to see someone crank up 18psi of boost on the stop bottom end of a Windsor In block Cam engine and see what happens. Lots of them Cobra guys run hellacouis boost and still have the stock bottom end.

I say Ford, keep the Modular engines. I would like to see a 5.4 put in a regular production stang as standard, that would kick *****, (Yes I know, Its a bigger displacement engine.) but I'm not going to fool myself and think that there is no more power to be had out of a N/A 4.6 like alot of people do.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 01:31 PM   #12
92RS350
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocket 99GT
Besides adding a supersharger doesn't mean that the terminator is faster that the camaro, all it means is that "ford" had to add a supercharger in order to bit the slowmaro, but hey the slowmaro can also add a supercharger and once again we will be looking at their bumpers.
All I can say is "ford" you are pathetic still using 4.6's in your new cars.
Hey man let me tell you about the LS-1 Z28,SS,TA they are made to beat a Stock Mustang off the showroom floor (thats what they say atleast)but just throw some money in and a mustang can beat a camaro in fact around here some of the LS-1 owners are a bunch of dumb--- idiots. after some of the races I saw with Tim C and Merc Im convinced that the 4.6 Mustang is a fast car. I was one of those peoplewho thought that there is no way a new Mutang could beat a Camaro until I've seen my brother take some of the LS1's
The Backup truck
Charter member & Moderator at
www.v8tec.com
92RS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 04:11 PM   #13
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default 92RS350

Hell yeah i've seen 4.6 mustangs take down an ls1. ls1 owners are full of them selves. Not saying all ls1 owners are the same but the ones around here think they are invincible.

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 04:15 PM   #14
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Angry merc

what. Did i here you say you think the foxbody's are turds. i soon will be beating you and handing you your @$$. No just kiddin i love your car and tim's. I would love to have a new 4.6 with the right driver and a few bolt on's they are pretty quick.

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
Old 12-31-2001, 05:00 PM   #15
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default 92RS350 tim c and merc

what are you all up to for new years eve doin anything interesting. budman and me are just wonderin.

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
Old 12-31-2001, 08:24 PM   #16
92RS350
Registered Member

Im not doing nothing specia tonight it just a normal night for me over here anyways Their is a story behind my avatar but its pretty long so Ill tell you saturday
The Backup truck
Charter member & Moderator at
www.v8tec.com
92RS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 11:55 PM   #17
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Its 11:50 and I just got home from work. Blah. It was actually a decent night. I'm not doing much of crap. Spending some time with my friend Mr Budwieser. The Firebird girl is still in canada.

I use to not like any New Mustangs, FoxBodys or SN-95 types, but have totally changed, I love them all.
Old 01-01-2002, 03:33 AM   #18
1965GTO
Registered Member

Hey Mercury I'd like to have one of those overhead cam Ford engines for my altered. A 427 SOHC that is! A guy close by in Belleville,Ill runs one in his nostalgia TF dragster. It doesn't hook up until half track and still runs over 200mph. But being a poor working man I am having to build a BB chevy, it was already set-up for one anyway. As far as the 4.6 vs 5.0 goes, looks like a pretty even match up so far. I wouldn't supercharge if the 4.6 isn't fast enough though. Would rather see a displacement increase. I think rocket 99 was wanting just wanting more displacement not a change back to pushrods.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 01:05 PM   #19
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

1965GTO.

I think your right, I think I misunderstood Rocket99 GT. Sorry if my last response was kinda harsh there Rocket.

Yeah, them SOHC FE 427's sure are something else. Dont see to many of them. Saw one in a Galaxie at the Hot Rod Power Fest in Rockingham, and have seen one at a car show on an engine stand. I was trying to wheel it away with out anyone noticing, but all of a sudden 20 Rent a cops in speeding Golf carts came after me.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Old 01-01-2002, 02:08 PM   #20
srv1
Get down.....

Default smaller is better?

Ford went to smaller cubes form the 5.0 to the 4.6. making more horsepower than a stock 5.0, and keeping up with the Camaro 5.7 ! dont you think that something is up? we all know why they went to the MOD motor, but is very impressive to me from what they done. they went backwards and got better results! go figure. as all of us here, their isnt ever enough horsepower to spare. i agree that Ford did make a little boo-boo by making the Lightning faster than the Stangs! whats up with that? a pickup beating a Stang?! shouldnt it be the other way around? i do agree with RAGE, it should be an option!! i do like the 4.6's alot/ they have alot of potential. too bad it is so expensive to build. the longer Ford keeps making the 4.6, the cheaper the parts should be as time goes by. right now i will stick with my "dime a dozen" windsor block.
as for the Terminator: cool idea, just overpriced! i wouldnt buy one for the money they are going to ask! if i had money to blow, then i would. i rather build a 99-01 with aftermarket parts with more goodies, than buy a Ford with their mods on it. you be better off building it and cheaper too with better results.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: