MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2002, 04:03 PM   #1
one
Registered Member

Default 2004 Cobra

Maybe you guys can answer this. I had heard that the new 2003 cobras were going to be on the LS frame and completely different looking then the body style that they are in 2002. I also heard a few months later that they were running so far behind(they being Ford design team) that they just made small changes to the 2002, ie supercharger and small body changes because they couldn't make the dead line to release then new cobra that they were talking about. I mean I am happy with the new cobra, happy with the fact that it is picking up the HP. But I was expecting to see something with a 5.4 and totally different body and the 6 speed. Not complaining glad ford findly said ok to running with the big boys on the HP numbers. But I could take my 98 cobra and put a vortec on it and be making more then the new cobras and still have spent alot less. Guess the question is, did you guys hear anything about there being a 5.4 liter motor in the cobras and them making major changes including moving to the LS frame with a 6 speed. If so when are they saying that will happen?

One
one is offline   Reply With Quote