View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 01:15 AM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Capri306
There's already a few of them on the streets around Monroe, Michigan. I've seen them there, and I've seen them cruising alongside GTs (yes, the remake of the GT40) on I-96 and I-275 which skirt the Detroit Metro area and Dearborn (go fig ).

Yes, Ford had better pull this off good, or else...I dunno. There's just a lot at stake with this Mustang, and as got-dang intimidating and impressive as the Mustang GTs look on the street, I really hope and believe they will deliver as promised.
I'm not necessarily so concerned about the performance of the vehicle as I am with bringing a car that's previous platform was originally penned in 1978 up to par. Getting rid of the clunks, squeeks and rattles that are absolutely unacceptable in a car costing over $25k today. Along with the ridiculous fit/finish and the cheesy plastic door panels. No joke, the fit and finish and driveline were better on my 1987 GT with 161k than my 02.

I've noticed a LOT of similarities in the sheet metal between 04 and 05. From the side, it looks nearly identical in general form.

The Mustang is no longer going to be competing for sales against the pile of junk F-body, and the unreliable Eclipse. It's going to be going head to head for sales with the European sports coupes. The younger market, which had been the Mustang's playground, has clearly gone the way of the cheap, lightweight, 16sec import tuner. Ford has decided to target the Mustang at people who are upgrading out of the sport compact market, IMHO. To compete, it will absolutely need to bring quality never seen before in a ponycar to the table, especially if it's priced similar to a Volvo S40, Audi A4 or creeping up on the BMW 3 series.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote