MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-31-2002, 02:09 PM   #1
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

Default 2005 Stang REAL pics

i like everything but the rear end...thats gotta go
SinisterSN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 02:40 PM   #2
The Sandman
Registered Member

I don't like it.
-I love the looks of the 99+, especially the new Mach 1, but to me this Mustang is screaming ugly.

-The front of it is ok, I don't like the two big holes where the grills are. The hood isn't too bad.

-The side is ok.

-The rear looks more like something of an 80s Ferrari than a Retro Mustang.

-The interior, it's just hideous.

Don't turn this into a "Brand Loyal" battle either, because I like Mustangs and hate Camaros too. This is just my opinion....

« Red Firebird »
[ A4 ][ W68 ]

[ Interior Painted Red/Black ][ Wings West Spoiler (Black) ][ Firebat Decals ]
[ (^ How-to For ^) ][ Zaino'ed x 17 ]
[ Mobil 1 ][ Flowmaster 80 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LS1.com Moderator
FirebirdV6.com Moderator
North Bay Mustang Moderator
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 02:58 PM   #3
91PA5liter
Registered Member

just my opinion but i think that mustang looks ugly. The front looks like a pickup truck to me and everything else on it just doesnt look right. I think its a cool idea to have it retro like the late 60's stangs but this just doesnt look right to me. I hope they have lots of power in them because i sure know i wouldnt buy one unless the GT came with well over 300hp. Things might get changed some since they do have 2 years before they are released.

Also im not sure how true this is but heard from someone or some where that the camaro will be making a return in like 2005 but completely remodled and all?? i could be wrong just wondering if anyone else heard this?
91PA5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 03:14 PM   #4
PKRWUD

That's the gayest Mustang I've seen since the MustangII (no offense).

What a joke.

Looks like GTO sales will be up.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 03:41 PM   #5
XR1stang
Registered Member

omg, that thing is HIDEOUS! geez, can that front grill get any uglier?

Looks like the ford design team took a page out of the Aztec design book... ugh.

I don't like a thing about the exterior at all, except maybe the hood. The brake lights are fugly. But the interior isn't bad in a nice retro way.

Overall I have to give a major thumbs down on that design.

fwiw I liked the 99's when I first saw them. There were a couple of things that I didn't care too much for but I can't say the same for this new mustang. I certianly hope Ford changes their mind on this one.

***EDIT***

I understand they are going for a full retro look on this car. The front is a throw back to the Mach series cars, the interior is a throwback to the 60's but I can't figure out the tail lights... and over all the look is jumbled and ugly.

XR1stang
Old 12-31-2002, 03:46 PM   #6
LayanRubr
Registered Member

WTF?
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 04:39 PM   #7
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Man are you sure about that being the new Mustang and not some kind of concept just to wet the public's appetite?

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 04:50 PM   #8
jj_jonathon
Trisket

i think the front looks beautiful...i like the way the hood looks with it too...but that interior is the worst design EVER! and that rearend just looks like it would be better off being smacked up in an accident...geez...i love the idea of bringing that front end back though...

...the interior is just much much too "retro"...it needs to stay closer to the more comfortable setting like the newer stangs have...the mach 1 is a perfect example of making a comfortable retro interior...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 06:40 PM   #9
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Hmm.. I think it's NOT that bad looking... but it doesn't come across as a Mustang. And does it only seat 2? Can't really tell by the pictures. All I know is Ford has less then 2 years to fix it.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 07:10 PM   #10
The Fireman
Registered Member

Default BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!!!!!!!

Back when we found out that the next Mustang was going to be redesiged with the 60's Mustangs in mind I said it was a bad idea. I said we'll have another Mustang II on our hands. Everyone told me I was crazy, and said it would look great. I don't wanna say I told you so, but it looks like my worst fears are now reality.

Now someone at Ford needs to be dragged out in the street, and shot dead for this. That front end looks sad, like the car is saying "KILL ME". The front is awful, the side is awful, and the rear is REALLY awful. Don't even get me started on that signal light/fog light combination. The interior is the only thing on it that's halfway decent. It's a dang good thing the Camaro isn't around anymore, because their sells would go through the roof, and the Mustang probably wouldn't be around much longer.

Ford better fix this, and fix it quick!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 07:12 PM   #11
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I absolutely, positively love it. Wait a second--no, no I don't!

That's the stupidest, ugliest, dumbest looking Mustang/Mustang concept I've ever seen. I would be disgraced to call that a Ford. If Ford actually produces that, or anything CLOSE to that, I'll, well, I don't know what I'll do, but I won't buy that damn car!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 07:17 PM   #12
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Yuck......I was so looking forward to an 05' Cobra but if thats what it will look like count me out.

I will have to go with plan B.....Which is a Cadillac Escalade for my women ..
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 07:22 PM   #13
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
I will have to go with plan B.....Which is a Cadillac Escalade for my women ..
women?...and i thought one was bad enough....hehe

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 07:27 PM   #14
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
women?...and i thought one was bad enough....hehe
oops I meant woman. Trust me having one is bad enough I love her but damn can she go throught the cash.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:42 PM   #15
The Fireman
Registered Member

Where are the door handles, and emblems (like the Ford, and GT emblems)?

Hopefully that's a clue that it's not what will actually be on the road.
Old 12-31-2002, 08:16 PM   #16
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

First of all it is ugly.

Second of all that is the old concept pictures photoshopped onto the Motor Trend article that first had a story on the 99 Mustang. I cant remember what month it was but I am 100% sure that is true.
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 08:18 PM   #17
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

whoa whoa whoa..calm down. breathe.. breathe...

ok first, it won't look like that,( i hope) some of the styling cues might be in their but their is no way its gonna be that ultra swang of an interior..its not cost effective an certainly isn' t cheap for all that brushed aluminum an chrome..
second, thats a prototype car. which life is measure in mere months. if that was what it was gonna look like ford would already be makin them an you'd see em in private collections before hitting the sales floor..

give ford a lil more credit/time guys before ya hang em for treason. these are the creators of our car, an their defnitely takin some retro stylings from the 60's(i like the size, IMO the mustang has gotten too big(94-03) its nice to see them bring it back down on a smaller platform. not quite sure about the aluminum 'round the head lights. i liked the sunken effect in the concept alot better(very 67 Shelby IMO.)

an keep in mind this is stock, jus WAIT TILL saleen steeda, rousch get a hold of it..answer honestly would you guys ever keep this mustang stock??

patience stangers, Ford's got an ace up their sleeves... i can feel it

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 08:56 PM   #18
Janeofalltrades

SO GLAD I JUST BOUGHT A NEW MUSTANG GOOD FOR AT LEAST 5 - 10 YEARS OF FUN.....Maybe by then they will redsign that abortion...Did they mention engine? Do we have idea of what will be available in engine platforms....Because damn..if it is that ugly it better be in the 360 hp range...LOL...with a big butt like that, wooooo I'm thinking not....and watch it will cost ...24,000.00 base for a V-6 with a Taurus engine in it...LOL

Dark_5.0 wrote...."oops I meant woman. Trust me having one is bad enough I love her but damn can she go throught the cash."......

Good slip Bro....and here is a funny little economic law for all you gents to learn....

"Your propensity to spend is directly proportional to your income".... so if you twist it to the microeconomic law of ladies.....

"our ability to spend your income is directly proportinal to what you make (+ some)".....

So..Yep, we ladies are expensive habits....LOL... So far from what I have observed from you fellas on MW....(and I'm paraphrasing) we are slightly crazy, never make up our minds, bad drivers, PMS cases who spend all your cash.... Why do you guys even bother?

LOL
~Jenn~
Old 12-31-2002, 10:14 PM   #19
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Janeofalltrades
Why do you guys even bother?

LOL
~Jenn~
I am not going there
Old 01-01-2003, 11:35 AM   #20
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

This reminds me of some pictures my brother showed me of a car Isuzu was going to build. It had a flashy interior, and exterior styling that was overly modern looking. When the car actually came out the body lines were the same, but the car had been built with a more cost effective interior, and the exterior styling was toned down a bit. That may be what these pictures are. I really don't think this car is all that bad. If they address the lighting and install some wrap-around head lights and make the tail lights look more retro to the Mustang instead of the 67 Cougar I think it could work.

I think this is a much better design myself...
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote