View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: 4cly fox convertible $1000, worth it?

Well i was thinking that I could replace the top myself, and looking around a kit for it was around $380 i think at 5.0resto. Yes, i would adventually drop in a 302 or 351, but probably not until I am done with college (just finished high school) What i really see in it is cheap transportation that I can make cool looking. I just put a 302 in my 65 stang, so I am having fun with that. The painting really isnt much of a concern, since i can do all the work on that, and may even try spraying. Also swapping from the 6cly to 8cly would suck, but its the same thing I'm going through with my 65. As far as sticking with fuel injection.....I really dont know. I lean toward carbs, but it would be fun to learn all about efi. Should I just offer him something low as see if he goes for it, like $750??? Im not real good with the hageling thing though. Maybe I should go and take some pics and then see what you guys think. People might think its a bit shady though going into a dealers back lot when they are closed, this memorial weekend and all...