MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-24-2002, 06:51 PM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Thumbs down This country is screwed up! (long)

I'm fast asleep at ~2:00am last night, when I hear the most annoying sound ever from outside my open window. It is definitely rice I decide, and I get up and look out my window. There are 2 ricers pulling in. The first one is in a pretty recent Honda Civic, maybe like 97-98. It is painted BRIGHT red, and has stickers all over it. Of course, the obligatory fart tip, but it sounds just like all the rest. The thing that really caught my eye, though, was this guy's spoiler. The thing was seriously three feet off his trunk, completly made of metal (you know the kind) and looked like it was designed by a rocket scientist. This spoiler probably had more parts than the rest of the car. It was a real contraption.

So as I look over to Ricer #2's ride, I almost lose it. This is the car making all the horrible noise. I couldn't tell exactly what kind of car it was, but I'm 98% sure it was an early 90's Geo Prizm. This thing was half-primered, half dark blue, and had chrome hubcaps! It's fart tip was making a sound like I'd never heard before. Sort of a high pitched blender type, but where you could tell the car was on its last leg. The guy driving has his hat on sideways, and was sporting the typical gangsta lean, gripping the steering wheel sideways as well.

Do you realize we live in a world where people will take not just a civic, but a GEO PRIZM and make "performance enhancements" to it???!!??! I simply can not live in a place where I will drive down the street in my GT and have people tell me "dude, GT's aint crap, everyone and their mom has one," (yes I've actually been told that) and then have teenagers and adults gawking at civics with 3ft high spoilers and a sound like a bodily function coming from them. There was a day when muscle cars got respect, and people knew what cars to designate "performance automobiles." Now, people try to supe up their GEO PRIZMS!!!!

GEO PRIZMS, people, GEO PRIZMS....

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 06:58 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Real Muscle vs rice cakes

There is no accounting for (bad) taste much less stupidity but people who know cars - performance cars that is - recognize the Mustang V-8 for both the legend and current-day muscle car it still is.

Don't let the ricers get you down.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 07:31 PM   #3
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Don't those Geo's have 3 cylinder engines?
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 08:25 PM   #4
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default i know the feeling

i live this feeling everydang day of my life now. NOT ALL TEENS HAVE LOST THERE WAY! but 95% think a stock honda civic can take my stang just cause i got an automatic, i get the usual AUTOMATICS SUCK you cant race an auto. i tell them about stuff and there like yeah yeah not knowin what im talkin bout and they ask me what type naws should i get a fogger system or a direct port naws. DANG FAST AND FARTCAN. that movie has corrupted the minds of the kids i know we watched it in math class and i picked that movie apart and people dont know why i do it cause as i hear everyday american cars arent reliable. that part makes me sick. we are a dyin kind. Onlytwo good thing about rice, slow and funny, i have seen some RICED out cars, from cavaliers to mustangs, to camaro Z's to primered geos my self and other gay cars. and these kids dont understand why we laugh at them, but we had one come and rev at us, they still havent learned there not fast. but if we win a race against them were either not stock we got nawz or i can take you in the twistiez yo. just my .02

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 09:02 PM   #5
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I never have any problems getting respect in the mustang. Even form the teenage crowd. It does not matter where i take the car either I get the same response. A ton of people run up and talk to me about the car. It has faded paint with primer spots and a big ole dent in the hood. I hear alot of crap about fords until i show people the car then they dont say to much anymore. Even form the people that have no idea what a 428CJ is.

Good thing about the military is you don't see to many ricers around here. There are always a ton of more mustangs on every army post i have been on.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 09:04 PM   #6
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

I must say this has to be the most humorous thread I've read in some time!!! It's pretty bad when you're sitting in a room by yourself laughing out loud...

I feel your pain, REALLY!

They are most certainly somethin' else, those guys. WHAT - exactly, I have not yet figured out...

...strange

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 10:15 PM   #7
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

The sollution is simple, race them, and bet huge sums of money. Then retire with your new found wealth.

In realilty they won't race you. They talk a lot of ****, but know they can't back it up. They try to make excuses. Man, put up of shut up.

They also have the tendency to say they their aunt/brother/uncle/dad has a Honda that runs 10's.

"Is it your car?

"Well no, but...."

"Then shut up!!!"

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 10:36 PM   #8
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

So....are they 3 cylinders? Anyone? I'm pretty sure they are....that might be why his fart can sounded so bad! haha......
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 10:50 PM   #9
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

yes sir, 3 pot! 12,000 rpm nos (pronounced naws) injected 3 pot with race primer (aerodynamic) and high flow fart can (worth an honest 50hp, 100hp if you remove the bolt in baffle)...

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
Old 04-24-2002, 11:08 PM   #10
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 6T9PONY
So....are they 3 cylinders? Anyone? I'm pretty sure they are....that might be why his fart can sounded so bad! haha......
No, the Geo metro's had the 3 cylinder engines. The one I saw was a Prizm, I think it had a four cylinder. I say this because it had four doors, and I think there is a law that says "a car can't have less cylinders than doors."

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 11:13 PM   #11
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

oops!! they are all bad ***** rides...

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
Old 04-24-2002, 11:18 PM   #12
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

the motor in the prizm is a 12,000 rpm piece, with that rpm and a fart can you're looking at an honest 500hp, add some foggers and you got 1200hp.

I would stay away... he could have enough Nos to blow himself up!!!

(I had to) ..and I'm spent!

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
Old 04-25-2002, 03:49 AM   #13
Mach 1
Registered Member

The geo prizm is a rebadged Toyota Corolla , marketed and sold through Chevy dealers. it has a 4 cylinder engine. The metros are the suzukis with the 3 bangers. They are the same as the suzuki sprints?
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 09:09 AM   #14
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I say that we here at Mustangworks, make a Major Motion picture. We'll call it "The fast?...Nope"

It will be a movie about all these guys in there riced out cars that think they are so cool. Running 15 and 16 second quarter mile times.

THe story might go like this:
The ricers try to rob a semi-truck and steel the electronics, only problem is that our group of civic drivin' theives can't seem to catch up with the rig! So they forget about it and go hang out at a high school parking lot. Here, they try to pick up chicks (the only ones that are nieve enough to think their cars are fast).

Then they get in a high speed chase with cops on mountain bikes.

After they are caught, and get a ticket they go to this party and have a couple beer. But since they are sissy's they get plastered off 1 1/2 beer and pass out. Another group of ricers show up and steel everthing in their cars (because ricers are lowly rats).

When our main characters wake up the next morning they wake up and get pissed that their stuff was stolen. So they take the bus home to ask Mommy and Dady for some money to by some more ricer crap. Unfortunately Dady used to drive a Big Block when he was a kid and thinks his son and his buddies have "wasted" enough money.

The main character goes out back to steel his dad's old muscle car. But for some reason the car won't start. He pops the hood and can't figure out what's going on (his dad disconnected the wire from the coil to the distributor).

So they go walking down the road and get run over by a bus.

The End.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 09:26 AM   #15
lysacat
Registered Member

Wink

Quote:
It's fart tip was making a sound like I'd never heard before. Sort of a high pitched blender type, but where you could tell the car was on its last leg
I've decided they sound like an Angry Bumblebee in a Tin Can. There are a lot of them around here. The sound is just awful. I like the low rumble of my Stang!
Old 04-25-2002, 10:59 AM   #16
geno5.0
Registered Member

Talking

???????????? today I just saw a cbr 600 with a spoiler yes a spoiler stuck off the back about 5inches and up about one foot and a little more than 1 1/2 feet wide carbon fiber with stickers on it ???????????????? why ????

I think its a sickness
?????????????? ITS A MOTORCYCLE YOU IDIOT?????????????? Whats Next?
Mods:Svo Alu Y Heads,1.72roller rockers,Cam,Cobra Upper&lower,bbkEqu hedders,Offroad H,FlowmasterMuffs,BBk70mm Tb,and73mmMAF,UnderDrive Pulleys,24lb Svo Inj,Kirban AFPR,190lph Walbro,Griffin Alu Rad,Crane Coil,Batt Relocated to trunk,K/Ncone,smog pump removed,Built Aod,DSSL,3.73gears,Alu flywheel,2800stall,NOS 5115 100shot, Iknow I forgot something

Best on motor13.66@102.55 2.14 60'
Best on spray13.20@108.98(2.69 60')
I Bet mid to low 12 if I can Hook!
All runs on street tires
geno5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 11:05 AM   #17
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by geno5.0
???????????? today I just saw a cbr 600 with a spoiler yes a spoiler stuck off the back about 5inches and up about one foot and a little more than 1 1/2 feet wide carbon fiber with stickers on it ???????????????? why ????

I think its a sickness
?????????????? ITS A MOTORCYCLE YOU IDIOT?????????????? Whats Next?
That is bad....

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 11:23 AM   #18
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

C'mon guys.

Slow the disrespect to the Geo Prizm. You gotta give 'em their props. If you don't think they can be fast, just check out my sig.

I kinda liken the sound of a Prizm winding up to the sound of a Mustang with Flows, a bowl obstruction, a colostomy bag, and tuberculosis. Few things in this world are more manly sounding. If you haven't picked up the sarcams here....please, for my sake, for you daughter's sake, slap yourself a couple of times.

A spoiler....on a motorcycle?!?!?!

OMG! That's is really bad!

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 11:42 AM   #19
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

My sister had a Geo Metro, that I had to borrow when my old cutlass broke down!
I had that sucker up to 96 mph on the highway. but I thought it was gonna explode so i let off!

LOL @ the guy with the spoiler on the CBR!! LOLOLOL
Old 04-25-2002, 12:31 PM   #20
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default 69Fastback.

Hey 69 FastBack.

I live right next to Fort Bragg (Home of the 82nd) and we have an enormous Ricer population. About 30 percent I'd say is military, 50 percent High School, the other 20 being anything else.

I'd say the rice outnumbers us muscle car guys about 2 to 1 here in Fayetteville. Well thats what ya see on the streets. One thing me and the guys noticed is....Saturday nights where it rains, you wont see any of the Muscle Cars, but you'll see the Ricers out in spades. They'll be racing, reving and just acting like a bunch of morons (Which they usually are) as soon as the rain starts to fall.

Yep, there are a few Geo Metro's in town I've seen with Bat Wings, Bi-Plane wings, and Park Benches. Geo Storms, Galiants, Caddillacs (I'm talking the 70's 4 door Fleetwoods here), Hyndauias...You name it, you'll see one with hood lights and a wing here in Fayetteville. Which I find odd since our population (City of Fayetteville, not including Ft Bragg) is only like 120,000.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote