MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-03-2002, 04:01 AM   #1
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Exclamation '89 GT convertible teardown update...also, 302 engine troubles

Well, I got the rear end out, put it in the '79, and found out the brake lines are on diff sides. Now I got to figure out a way to hook them up. Thats about all I did to the '89 so far. I sold the motor for $800. Sold the trunk lid for $30, and the rear glass for $50. The front dish brakes are going on my '79 along with the new wheels and tires from the '89. The rack and pinion are coming off and I'm going to fiqure out how to hook it up to my '66. I'll find a way to make it work.

I tore down the 302 for the '79 to try to find the problem with it. I thought it to be the head gaskets that were bypassing, but when I took them off, I saw nothing that looked like they were blown. I have never ran the motor, but the guy that gave it to me said that there was only 10,000 miles on it, but it just started a bypassing problem. The heads looked fine, no bent valves. I don't really want to tear the motor all the way down because I'm out of money now till I get the money from the parts. I saw one cylinder that had a weird spot on it. A little rust spot were it should be smooth, like all the other cylinders were, but I don't know if it's just a spot where water got in, and the crank got moved since. Any ideas ppl?

Also, this motor has been bored out 60 over and has steel forged pistions in it. I found this out when I tore it down. So when I get it back together, it's going to be a racer, man is my friend going to be hooked up. I'm building this car for him.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote