MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-25-2001, 08:41 PM   #1
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Post good morning america, racing story...

I'll be going to work at 7:00, but supposedly, or what i caught from a commercial preview, GM america is gonna talk about "fast and furious" and how it's stirring up dragracing damn, i almost wish this movie never came out, now laws are gonna change watch, they're gonna try and confiscate your car, like they already do in some states for racing....sob@#%#'s

------------------
90 lx coupe: 175k miles, steeda water pump pully, hurst shifter, Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil, ADS chip, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 08:51 PM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Angry

You know, if the people that thought up these stories would spend the time at a track, they would understand. Or atleast leave us alone. Damn it.

Later.

------------------
The Black Mamba 11.2@124
1994 Cobra
'00 Focus ZTS- K&N drop in. 10.66@66mph 1/8mile
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 09:03 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

I had not thought of it like that, i had only thought htat it would stir up ricers, and make more of them, but that is a really good point. I bet there will be a lot of legislation as a result of this sh1tty movie.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 09:40 PM   #4
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Angry

I saw something on this on CNN. The were talking about a race between a vette and a Dioblo were they wrecked and the Dioblo driver and 2 other people were killed when they hit another car.(they were racing on a busty street, they were idiots). They were talking about how many speeding tickets they both had and how the vette's tag said they he loved to excelerate(spelling). They blamed it on the movie. And the said and I quote "The racers,Males 18-25. They start with economic car such as hondas or Acuras.
They a 3,000 dollar paint job and 6,000 dollars worth of body modifications and get what they call a rice rocket. A car with V8 power" What a bunch of BS. Bunch of dumb a$$s

------------------
1990 Dodge Dynasty with 275,000 miles. Mods:chiped paint, CD player. Sucks but it was free. Praying for a stang.
The "Guetto Glider"

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 09:57 PM   #5
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Wow, i just learned about the vette and lambo in ny, maybe thats what its about, you were quoting the news article about the "luv2xclr8" or whatever, sheesh, i hope they didnt make a scene like the ferrari pics, this is really gonna make laws change, and gonna come down on us harder, like i said my friend went to jail friday for being entraped into a race, and the cop was being extra A$$HOLE that night....after he said yes to the race, the civic backed off, said the words "your focked" then a cop comes from nowhere? (almost like a prostitution sting), as soon as the suspect says "yes" they move in and arrest...
Old 06-25-2001, 10:01 PM   #6
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Or what i meant was, as soon as the suspect says "yes" to the solicitation, they have incriminating evidence, nevermind...what am i saying, im comparing racing with....oh my god i'll shut up.
Old 06-25-2001, 10:09 PM   #7
Power
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163:
I saw something on this on CNN. The were talking about a race between a vette and a Dioblo were they wrecked and the Dioblo driver and 2 other people were killed when they hit another car.(they were racing on a busty street, they were idiots). They were talking about how many speeding tickets they both had and how the vette's tag said they he loved to excelerate(spelling). They blamed it on the movie. And the said and I quote "The racers,Males 18-25. They start with economic car such as hondas or Acuras.
They a 3,000 dollar paint job and 6,000 dollars worth of body modifications and get what they call a rice rocket. A car with V8 power" What a bunch of BS. Bunch of dumb a$$s

I didn't catch this broadcast, but am I to understand that they said the drivers of those cars were between 18 and 25? If so, how in the heck did they own a Vette and a Lamborgini?

Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 11:06 PM   #8
T_Bone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Power:

I didn't catch this broadcast, but am I to understand that they said the drivers of those cars were between 18 and 25? If so, how in the heck did they own a Vette and a Lamborgini?

No, I think that was about the ricers.

The Vette and Diablo drivers were 27 and 30, respectively.

------------------
Travis
T-Bones 1997 Cobra#6342 born 6-11-97

Wht/blk, Pro 5.0,FRPP 4.56's, aluminum driveshaft, FRPP throttle body, C&L 80mm MAF, K&N, Steeda U/D pulleys, Steeda timing adjuster, Borla cat-back, BBK cat H-pipe, SFC's, FRPP pro springs, BBK caster/cambers.
Best 1/8 E.T.-8.983 on street tires

[This message has been edited by T_Bone (edited 06-26-2001).]
T_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 11:46 PM   #9
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

I think that is a bunch of B.S. I will never get a ticket for just saying "yes." WTF man. And legislation isn't going to do crap because of this particular movie, so don't get your panties in a wad paranoid people. And on the news some people died in a car wreck were they were racing, I don't know if it was the diablo and vette or whatever, but they said they did NOT blame the movie. So just chill out, keep racing, and keep it safe. Later.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 01:12 AM   #10
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Funny. These things happen every day, or every other day. How many people get killed in automobile accidents every year? How many of those people were killed while racing? Probably a pretty close percentage to what the stats were the year before, and the year before that, and so on.

A movie comes out about street racing. Some poeple die in a street race. Hmmmmm People must be racing because theyve seen the movie.

Its just that now something has taken the intrest of the Public eye, media is eager to fuel the fires and controversy by making a story out of anything they can.

I dont know about you all, but I NEVER THOUGHT about street racing till I saw the previews to the fast and furious

Come on, who are they kidding, only the pathetic and guliable public. I've been racing for years, nothings going to make me stop (unless I have a passenger like my girlfriend, or family member), no law, no news coverage, no nothing, not even my girlfriend bickering at me.

If the track was open all the time, I'd probably be racing there instead of on the street. The street is free, its obviously open all day and all night, no rules, and run what you brung.

I have a feeling we are in for a bad storm guys. Guess we are going to have to batten down the hatches and ride it out. THanks to the mindless press and guliable, easily swayed average Joe. I wish people werent so damn closed minded and looked from the other perspective.

A few bad apples ruin it for the whole bushel.

Okay, I have rambled on enough. I'm just extremely p!ssed at the overblown, over exagerating media and the underserved power they irresponisibly use.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 07:04 AM   #11
Coupe Devil

This is the same kinda thing that happens when some F'N STUPID kid gets the idea he's gonna shoot some people. I guess whenever people see a movie they can be influenced to do or say things that can be either positive or negative depending on the movie and circumstances. If I go see a movie thats got racing or something it makes me feel like going fast but DUH I dont go out and start flying around town for no reason. I myself have lived through TWO terrible crashes.

I personally have more sense that to go out and do the street racing thing in town. If your gonna do it go out of town on the interstate or backroads. There is a place around were I live that we call three lanes, Its a REALLY wide two lane that we go to some times and see some great american car street racing. Some trucks eve nshow up sometimes and do fairly well.

I watch "Gone in Sixty Seconds" at least once a week, though that car is freakin bad *** is doesn't make me want to go out and start stealing cars. I think people are just looking for an excuse to come to reason with things they can't control. If everyone would just chill out just a little we would be ok. More than likely the people that are critizing our street racing now are the same guys that had hot rods when they were young. Now granted i'm sure some of these people are the women that are to straight laced to even know how to have a good time (no offense to any on here, because if you drive a stang you know). Its all in good fun or should be. Just remember to KEEP IT SAFE AND DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID.

------------------
'93 lx 4 banger, wrecked '90 lx 5.0, w/ t-5. .030 over fully ported and polihed (did that just to see if I could-first attempt at it). Motor and tranny in use for Ranger project.

Cocked, locked and ready to rock

Pony Power Forever
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 07:57 AM   #12
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Some very intersting things have been said here. I totaly agree with Mercury about the media. U know they will take something like this and blow it all out of proporsion. Every bad thing people do these days is blamed on tv or the movies. There have been thousands of people that have died from street racing in the past. The movie now just gives them something to blame it on. A person also blames tv or movies becuase they are not man enough or women enough to take responsiblity for their own actions.

There have been movies in the past with street racing. American Graphiti, Two lane black top and others. Why didn't these movies ever get blamed when people died at the time they came out. It is becuase people are always looking for that scape goat instead of looking at themselves these days.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 10:19 AM   #13
WHITECOBRAGIRL94
Registered Member

Matt Lauder on Today brought up the point
that maybe it seems like it surrounds the
movie because of the media. And I think he
is right. Hearing about the vette and
the Lambo would not have made national news
if this movie had not just came out. They
mainly talked about street racing in l.a.
What they don't realize and that is
different in every place. Of course there is
also the rise in "ricers" showing up, along
with the increase in street racing. I don't
know if there is a connection or not. I'm
sorry I am just rambling on.

[This message has been edited by WHITECOBRAGIRL94 (edited 06-26-2001).]
WHITECOBRAGIRL94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 12:54 PM   #14
jimberg
Registered Member

If all this talk is because of that really bad movie, I bet the first thing they go after is nitrous oxide. Congress will try to pass a law to limit its sale to licensed racing teams.

90dpscoupe, did you ever see The Enforcer with Clint Eastwood and Tyne Daly? According to them, conspiracy to commit a misdemeanor is a felony. Oh, but in reality, though, you would have to ask the other person to race, not the other way around. If a cop does ask you outright to commit a crime and you agree to it, it's entrapment. It's got to be your idea if they plan to pin it on you.

WHITECOBRAGIRL94, do you know that you don't have to hit enter at the end of each line or is that just your formatting style. I don't mind it or anything, but it's probably easier to just let it wrap. It will format to anyone's screen, too.
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 01:14 PM   #15
bada$$lx

Cool

I'm from NY, whitecoragirl is right, if this stupd f'n movie didn't just come out, you all would never have heard about this accident. This isn't the first racing death that's happened up here, but I bet it's the first you've heard of. This movie's nothing but a problem. I really hope that legislation doesn't get passed and the cops REALLY start cracking down. I think that every town/state (whatever) should have a particular road/parking lot (whatever) that is closed down for street racing once a month or so. Let's start a petition !

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; JMS Chip; 190 lb fp; TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113)
Old 06-26-2001, 02:02 PM   #16
WHITECOBRAGIRL94
Registered Member

I know I don't have to hit enter it is this
old computer here at work that does it.
WHITECOBRAGIRL94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 09:59 PM   #17
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Ok, that pretty much wraps it up here, everyone had some very logical opinions, and it's clear the media has to make a story about something, or else news wouldnt be news, t.v, wouldnt be t.v, you guys and gals know whats up
peace..
Old 06-28-2001, 02:40 AM   #18
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

CALM DOWN NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 02:48 PM   #19
Capri306

If I ran the media I'd have a headline that says, "SOME people too stupid to distinguish between movies, reality; others can't control their cars."

The way the criminal liberal media blows things up (you guys are right on with this) you'd expect a headline like this: "Movie spells death for innocent Americans; Congress suspends fantasy in movies indefinitely."

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote