MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-24-2001, 09:54 AM   #1
QUIN
Registered Member

Post Harwood hood question

hello all, i am wondering if installing the harwood hood will require any cutting. ive heard that it is shipped with extra panel length to ensure no damage is done to the edges. if this is so, is it easy to cut w/o screwing it up? dont know if i trust myself cutting into a brand new hood made of fiber glass!
also, im looking at the 4inch cowl at jegs for $444.99 is this a good price? im in columbus and can pick it up so will not have to pay shipping which will probably offset any other prices i find, however, if you know where to get one cheaper than that, please let me know! (not if its less than 10$ cheaper)
thanx,
Q

------------------
Quin, 87 GT,306,forged pistons,edelbrock head\intak,steeda#18cam,1.7rr,MSD Blaster tfi coil,A9L,pro-m75mm,24#inj,accufab65mm,2.5"pipes,hooker headers,dynomax exhaust,3.73 gr,110 lph fp,180*therm,moroso cold air,ASP pullies, weld rims

See my engine on user rides.

I see your shwartz is as big as mine, now lets see how well you handle it!
QUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 03:18 PM   #2
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Talking

Hey bud, my friend got a Harwood a couple years ago and it didn't come with any extra material on the edges that I remember. Maybe that's a new thing?

I know All Ford Carlise is on June 1st-3rd in Carlise, PA Cervini's is there and I got my 4" Cowl for $300.00. Are you up to the trip to PA? Best get there Friday the 1st to guarantee you get one they sell fast at that price. Mine fit fine and looks great.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon!
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 03:34 PM   #3
QUIN
Registered Member

the rick meister! lol (saturday night live)
hey man, whats up?
thanx for the reply. my info was not from a reliable sourse and that is why i asked here. you are probably correct.
i may look into that cervini's your talking about. how far into PA is this show? that is a good price. i assume the quality is similar between cer. and har.
it depends on the distance though. if im goign to spend more than 100$ on the trip (gas, food, room and board maybe even, etc.) than it probably wouldnt be worth it.
thanx for the idea though! its definitely worth looking into!
hey, check out my motor on user rides! i got a few pics put on there today! as soon as this monsoon season ends i may even do some work/drive the darn thing!!!
later,
Q

------------------
Quin, 87 GT,306,forged pistons,edelbrock head\intak,steeda#18cam,1.7rr,MSD Blaster tfi coil,A9L,pro-m75mm,24#inj,accufab65mm,2.5"pipes,hooker headers,dynomax exhaust,3.73 gr,110 lph fp,180*therm,moroso cold air,ASP pullies, weld rims

Old 05-24-2001, 04:06 PM   #4
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

holy $hit another suprise visit with Quin..where the he11 of ya been..anyways..one of my buddies got a 4" harwood and the finish was so nice that he never painted it(his came black)nice hoods but a lil pricey...get a cervini

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
AIM=onesillynotch
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 07:01 AM   #5
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

I would say that from the PA/MD line Carlise is about 45 mins to a 1 hour. How much is the Harwood to your door? if the offset in cash is enough make the trip I would go to Carlise, but you will have to get there on Friday to ensure you get a hood.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon!
Old 05-25-2001, 08:07 AM   #6
QUIN
Registered Member

ha ha! sorry, i dont have such a lax job as i had before and dont get near the amount of free time to get on here. someday, i might quit spending money on my car and get a computer at home!!! why though, when i have top quality at work??? lol i couldnt stand going from almost instant access to the slow stuff i always see on home computers. pages load sooooo quickly on my work computers!
i would be just as happy with the cervini's but jegs doesnt carry them. the reason i want to go to jegs is because i can pick it up a few miles from where i live. jegs is not far from me. that way there would be no shipping whatsoever (unless they try to charge me to have it shipped to them, in which case i would walk right out.)
what would the cervini's be shipped to the door approx.? any clue?
that was my other question LX, so you dont 'have' to paint these right away to keep them looking good? i probably wont be getting my car painted for at least a year and dont really care if the colors dont match (take it one step at a time) but dont want to ruin the hood either.
i wouldnt even be able to afford this but i won $800 on the lakers game the other day and decided $HIT! im getting me a hood!!!!!
like to get some drag radials as well, but probably hold off a little longer on those.
anyway, any suggestions on a good place to possible order the cervinis from? maybe i can compare prices like that. i dont think ill be able to make it to that show. im pretty sure i have some b.s. graduation party to go to that weekend for one, and also it is rather far for me to drive. there is a swap meet here in springfield ohio this weekend that i am giong to try to attend. hopefully there will be something there.
did you check out my pics yet peoples? come on now,,, it took me a month to get that baby ready!!!!!! (waiting on the machine shop a good part of that time)
Q

------------------

Old 05-25-2001, 02:56 PM   #7
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Looking Good QUIN, I like your "Dirty Red Interior" comment, cute. Here's a pic guys:

------------------
Old 05-25-2001, 03:06 PM   #8
QUIN
Registered Member

JUST BEING HONEST!!!!! lol
Old 08-05-2001, 08:27 PM   #9
Topsportsman
Registered Member

Here are some nice hoods! http://www.carbonfibermanufacturing.com/
Topsportsman is offline   Reply With Quote