MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-14-2003, 11:39 PM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up Justice Has Been Served In Texass!

HI YA'LL!
I hope EVERYONE had a WONDERFUL Valentines Day!!! Mine was GREAT!.....but, I'm here on a more serious note to state my opinion on something, I just wanted to share! --------->

I'm sure most of you have heard of the Murder down here last July 24th where Clara Harris ran her Husband over in a hotel parking lot when she witnessed him about to leave the hotel w/ his girlfriend. (They were both Dentists, her and her husband, in partnership). Not ONLY did she attack his girlfriend in the Hotel lobby, he had to fight her off of her, but she had the NERVE ot do all this with David's 17 year old daughter (her step daughter) WITH HER!!! HIS daughter was IN THE CAR when Clara ran him down in the parking lot, here at the Nassau Bay Hilton Hotel, and proceeded to run over him TWICE more resting her BMW on his mangled body.... killing him!

This has been a very very emotional and opinionated subject down here. The family and the Girlfriend ( I will not use the word Mistress, because that is not an appropriate word!) Both lived in Friendswood, where I grew up and work, and I used to cut his girlfriends hair a few years back for a while. I ran into her the last time last year back when I was still living in the apartments in Clear Lake in the mail room, where she was vistiting a friend that lived in my apts. I had not seen her in a while, and found out then she had divorced, and she did not know that I had split from my husband as well.

Clara tried to say it was an ACCIDENT..DUH! I just want to say THANK GOD that there still IS HOPE in our Judicial System...They gave her 20 Years in prison today!!!!! the maximum allowed for her mental state....Isnt that what DIVORCE is for now days!!!!!!

Bottom line is he was wanting out of his marriage, and when he approached her she lost it! So, Not only did his DAUGHTER have to witness her stepmother MURDERING her father, she now has no parents, and her life will NEVER be the same, although, she seems VERY strong!!! Thier 4 year old TWINS will be raised by grandparents and Gail had to witness the murder of the man she loved. NOBODY can know what was in the cards for these people. So many lives torn apart. I just find it VERY VERY sad. I feel so badly for Lindsey, (David's daughter) and for Gail, (his Girlfriend). But I"m thankful, because Clara is getting what she deserves....NO MATTER WHAT....you dont have the priveledge to take someones life! She supposedly on suicide watch now....maybe she should have considered that before she threw that BMW into Gear!
This is just my opinion, and ya'll can disagree w/ me all you want...I just feel real strong about this. And it kills me that I cannot find Gails address. Ive been wanting to contact her since last July, and her file is not in our work computer anymore.

I just wish the best to Lindsey, for God to give her strength to lead a 'normal' life and for the Twins, that they grow up being happy and healthy, and for Gail, that she will not have to relive the pain of that God forsaken day every day of her life and that in time she will find happiness again.....
I'm off my rant now. Thanks for listening.
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 12:00 AM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Default Texas dentists

Let's hear it for Texas dentists, hip, hip, forget it.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 12:29 AM   #3
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

I think 20 years isn't enough. I would have liked to see her get life. I saw the clip of when they read the verdict in court...she didn't blink, move, or show any emotion at all. I think that said alot about her "mental" state and the fact that she knew what she did and wasn't sorry for doing it. Should have been a life sentence but I'm sure the inmates will give her a warm welcome regardless

She did cry a little bit after the verdict was read but it was just for a show at that point.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 12:48 AM   #4
Rev
Registered Member

Default Twice

She ran him over at least twice. That should demonstrate that she meant to do it.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 02-15-2003, 12:57 AM   #5
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Exclamation THANK YOU!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!
I'm sure I will be bashed for this thread, eventually...but I appreciate your opinion...the main reason for her not showing emotion is because the Judge ORDERED that NO ONE show any emotion at all during any of the sentencing....which I thought was strange...

But still...she knew what she was doing. And I cannot get over her doing that w/his daughter in the car.
I agree w/ you completely...I'm happy shes getting locked up, but its not enough. Id been happy w/ life, or and eye for an eye...let her expierience that type of pain. But, I wouldn't wanna mess up my Stang... Ive worked TOO damn hard on that car! Maybe she will become someones BI*** in prison!

They are appealing the sentencing(of corse! ) , and shes had a friend on the news whining about her emotional state. If she would not have neglected him so bad in the first place, he would not have fallen in love w/ someone else! IMO of corse.

BTW: one of my friends that works next to me at work is the sister of the the Private Investigator that shot that video that they are playing on the news....uggghh......
I knew I had strong feelings on this case, but when I saw the news tonight, I had NO idea that I would feel the way I do now....I had tears of joy. But I still grieve for Lindsey, the twins and for Gail.
TNT

Old 02-15-2003, 01:18 AM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

that is crazy, i hadnt heard of it till now, it's murder, plain & simple, she should have got the chair.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 09:03 AM   #7
Coupe Devil

No flame from Me Christine.. I say get a tall tree and a short piece of rope.. but thats just the redneck in me.. still glad she got what she did. More woulda been better but.. we all cant have everything.

Bradley

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 12:20 PM   #8
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Clar harris trial and verdict

Topless:

I agree with your sentiments regarding Clara Harris. Her ego and total self-centeredness propelled her to brutally murder her husband with her Mercedes while her step-daughter watched, helpless to stop her. She is a murderer. Harris' 'accident' defense was a joke and an insult to peoples intelligence. Her predictable waterfall of tears were wasted on me and most people. I consider the 20-year sentence light considering the crime and the circumstances surrounding it.

During the nightly news reports of the trial I kept thinking that if a man had done this, he would have gotten life, at best. Then, Bill O'Reilly's 'Factor' show mentioned that a guy in Fort Worth who committed a similar crime (found and shot his wife and her lover in bed - the wife died) received a sentence of 'parole' (no jail time) because of the 'emotional disturbed at the time' defense he put up. That was wrong. Murder is murder. If you do it without planning, it's Second Degree murder and no death penalty - but it's still murder and no one should walk away with no jail time for a murder. Clara Harris received a very fair trial and sentence, the guy who got off did not receive justice but then, as all human justice is flawed, maybe it all balances out. I hope so.

Meanwhile, as you pointed out Christine, many lives have been altered for the worst because of what that jealous and vindictive woman did in her fit of ego-powered rage. 20 years is light. She'll probably be out in ten years or less but the damage - not to mention the death she caused - will remain long after Clara Harris walks out of prison, ready to 'get on with her life'. As for the suicide watch; not a chance. People like her are so egocentric that they never kill themselves - only others. Harris may be an exception but I doubt it. One thing she'll always be is a murderer.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:15 PM   #9
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Default Hmmm

I think I'm gonna be the first to disagree in a way with you. I had heard about this all before and was following it a bit. I want to first say that I don't agree with what she did. I think it was a horrible horrible tragedy for EVERYONE involved. But a couple of replies to this really irked me...

"If she would not have neglected him so bad in the first place, he would not have fallen in love w/ someone else! IMO of corse. "

Come on you think that, that's a valid excuse for cheating on your wife??? That statement really makes me angry. Yes I agree that she has some serious mental issues with running over her husband. But you are trying to validate his cheating on her! I'm sure that she was devasted. Probably didn't know what to do with herself. Haven't you ever been in a long relationship where you're significant other cheated on you or did something horrible to you??? Did you not have rage run through your blood?? I'm not trying AT ALL to justify what this woman did, but it seems like everyone is like, "that's okay honey, you go ahead and cheat your wife wasn't satisfying you". Most people don't act upon those thoughts, but at some point the majority of us have all had them. I don't know, I completely agree that she should be in prison, etc, but justifying him cheating with a mistress by saying his own wife wasn't satisfying him really gets under my skin.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:30 PM   #10
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Well, like I said, that is MY opinion.
She was too wrapped up inherself . And it was just not the 'satisfying' part of it. And It does not necessarily mean just sex, when I say that she 'neglected' him. There are mental and emotional needs that need to be met. There is nothing worse than being in a long term relationship and they are not met. I do not mean just a couple of years either. And till the decision is made to finally leave, its a very difficult situation to be in, it is TORTUROUS!!! . And it is miserable. Especially when youve been in the relationship for such a LONG TIME!
Like I said, thats what DIVORCE is for. She didn't let him live long enough to divorce her, if thats what he was gonna do, and yes, I was married and would have had my 16th anniversary last week. But I was miserable for the last 11 years of my marriage. So Yes, I think I can say Ive been in a long term relationship where there was devastating problems...it was not cheating, but one can be devastated emotionally as well. To be constantly belittled and talked down to IMO can be as devastating as the other.
I'm sorry I irk you.

And I was not 'justifying' his cheating on her. He was just lucky enough to find someone that also met his 'emotional' needs as well. I'm just sorry that they never had the chance to make it work.
TNT

Last edited by Topless In Texas; 02-16-2003 at 01:39 PM..
Old 02-16-2003, 01:45 PM   #11
MissBlondie
Registered Member

First off, I said that statement irked me, not you. Secondly, IN MY OPINION he should've gotten the divorce papers before he started having relations with another woman. Like I said before I agree that she should be punished for what she did, however I also feel that you are trying to justify and say its okay for him to cheat, be with another woman, whatever you want to call it... while he's still married??? You don't think that right there alone was destroying lives???? Maybe instead of dipping his pen in someone else's ink he should've been focusing on counceling with his wife, or finalizing a divorce. Again, I agree, justice was served, but validating his actions I'm not with you on that. He was a married man having an affair, no matter how you look at it, that's a fact. Hopefully those kids will be able to have some sort of life.

(by the way, I respect how you feel on this... we just have differing thoughts on why what happened happened)

Last edited by MissBlondie; 02-16-2003 at 01:59 PM..
MissBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:18 PM   #12
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

I agree w/ you to some extent about he shouldve done this or that, but that makes no difference at this point...
I will also say it AGAIN...till you HAVE been in a marriage for a long time ; there are alot of factors involved you have NO idea how hard a situation is like this, weather it involves another person or not, or just the emotional anquish lived day to day ...Its not a decision that you can just wake up one day and say, "okay, I will get my divorce today." It does not work that way.
I am not looking at this from a completely 'sexual' standpoint. Quite the contrary. I guess thats where our opinions differ. I am looking at it from the 'emotional' standpoint. Sex is secondary. Point being, he found in another woman the emotional support and the 'approval' he did not have w/ his wife, weather he was looking for it or not. She worked for him, and I'm sure that it was something that grew in time weather they were wanting it or not. Yes, he should have dumped his wife first, I agree. But it did not happen that way. and I am not validating anything...I am just letting you see it from another standpoint instead of just making it look like its all about sex. It is not always centered around sex.
Anyways....what pisses me off too is how her friends keep saying, 'she wont be able to live w/out her children'...well big DUH!!!! She should have though about that TOO before she threw the BMW into gear!!!! He was wrong for not dumping her first, SHE was WAYYYY wrong for killing him...People survive divorce every day, and kids come out very healthy, I know mine has and very happy...
The kids could have been okay in the longrun, after all was said and done and if he left her, or stayed w/ her and dumped his girlfriend. Either way.
Murder is something else. She brought on a pain by her actions that will affect them for the rest of thier lives. so, with that....
Im done for now...I gotta get my day started and get off this computer.
TNT

Old 02-16-2003, 02:45 PM   #13
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Look, you said in your first post that we could all disagree with you, and I'm disagreeing with you. Again I respect what you say, I just don't completely agree with it. You do not know my history, so please do not say that I could not possibly understand unless I've been in marriage, etc. Secondly, if you read what I wrote, not one time do I ever mention sex. There are many forms of infidelity, whether it be emotionally, physically, sexually. Finally, I guess I took you saying his "girlfriend" as meaning there was probably more than a emotional relationship there. I personally, could not look myself in the mirror every day knowing I'm having a "relationship" with a married man. I think they all were at fault at some point, just sad it had to end that way. Anyways, hope that clarifies a little of what I was trying to say, no harm intended. I think we all agree that she deserves to suffer for what she did (the wife).
Old 02-16-2003, 06:43 PM   #14
srv1
Get down.....

Question

I think love is underrated and challenged too many times. It is too powerful to understand, yet adapted very easily. My opinion is she was really in love and really pissed off at the same time. Her actions are unexcuseable regaurdless of how she feels. To take a life so brutally, so fast, i would assume one would have to be crazy, or mentally ill. Maybe i am wrong. I guess she was "crazy" for him? Many mental factors play in a roll when love intervenes. Either she IS really nuts, or just loved him to death......

Hope this all makes sense.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:56 PM   #15
Rev
Registered Member

Default The issue

I think the issue , once guilt was determined, was would she be a future risk to humanity? Didn't look like it to me. It looked like a pure crime of of passion to me (imho). 20 years looked OK to me.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 02-18-2003, 06:57 PM   #16
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by MissBlondie
Secondly, IN MY OPINION he should've gotten the divorce papers before he started having relations with another woman. Like I said before I agree that she should be punished for what she did, however I also feel that you are trying to justify and say its okay for him to cheat, be with another woman, whatever you want to call it... while he's still married??? You don't think that right there alone was destroying lives???? Maybe instead of dipping his pen in someone else's ink he should've been focusing on counceling with his wife, or finalizing a divorce. Again, I agree, justice was served, but validating his actions I'm not with you on that.

He was a married man having an affair, no matter how you look at it, that's a fact. Hopefully those kids will be able to have some sort of life.
Amen!!! You DIVORCE your spouse before finding a new mate. "There's kids involved, blah blah blah"...ok, so you WAIT, if for nothing else but your own self respect. I swear, people can justify ANYTHING. If you can find ways to justify adultery, then we can do the same things for murder, rape, kidnapping, etc..."oh it was okay BECAUSE of, etc etc." Yeah, because a man that breaks his wedding vows once, won't do it again That's about the least appealing man I can think of, LOL! I also think its great that those same women think the kids are oblivious...kids pick up on vibes and emotions so well its SCARY.

I was in an emotionally and physically abusive relationship for 2 years. I KNOW about the evil lurking within some humans, and how we make decisions we have to live with the rest of our lives. I've also learned you can make pathetic excuses and justifications till you croak, but some acts are just downright cruddy, and if you choose to do them, at least have the cajones to admit you're doing them because you feel like it, not because its right. I, too, have made MANY mistakes in my life, but I'm mature enuff to admit they were exactly that...BAD decisions. I don't make excuses and other types of piffle in defense of them.

This isn't meant as a flame toward anyone, just a topic that always irks me...guess I've watched too many daytime talk shows with the typical "she ignores him, so its ok for me to cheat with him" trash throwing chairs
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 03:59 AM   #17
Mach 1
Registered Member

Default Re: THANK YOU!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
If she would not have neglected him so bad in the first place, he would not have fallen in love w/ someone else! IMO of corse.
That seems to be speculation on your part? How do you know that she neglected him?

Maybe he just didnt love her?

One thing is certain, they both made poor decisions, especially her.

I was very surprised at the 20 year sentence. I expected much more, like life.

How do you kill someone and only get 20 years? And shell be out in 10 with parole, maybe 5!

Whats up with that?

She didnt have control over her emotions, which makes her a danger to society.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 10:57 PM   #18
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Default Re: Re: THANK YOU!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
That seems to be speculation on your part? How do you know that she neglected him?

Maybe he just didnt love her?

Hi Mach1
I guess from what I know of things he said, that gave the message that she was self absorbed and did not pay him much attention...or gave him the attention he needed.
But, yes, maybe he did not love her anymore.
Anyways...I appreciate everyones input...
TNT

Old 02-21-2003, 08:41 AM   #19
DemonGT
Registered Member

first off....MissBlondie..it seems your quite the feminist..i think if it was different..the guy ran the wife over you would be singen a different tune...just my opinion, seen you say stuff on other posts that had to do with male/female subjects and you did the same but like i said...thats my opinion

sure iv had a ex cheat on me...and i had that "rage" running in my blood...we broke up and i became a rageing alcoholic for 2-3 months..got over it and moved on...i sure as hell never thought of killing her or running her over

i dont care what your partner dose..how meny times they cheat..or how meny women/men they cheat on you with...its by no means a excuse to take another persons life

everyone is in control of there own actions and should take responsibility for what they do, she made a choice to kill him..there for she should take responsibility for her decision...nobody MADE her do it..she chose to

and if she loved him like she clames she would of never even thought of killing him or hiting him with her car...i highly dought anyone on this board can honestly say that, they love there partner so much.....again..they LOVE them SO much..that if they cheated on them they would hurt them...put them in alot of pain...and kill them....if you love some one your not going to want to kill them...or see them get hurt like that......come on.....
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 01:23 PM   #20
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DemonGT
first off....MissBlondie..it seems your quite the feminist..i think if it was different..the guy ran the wife over you would be singen a different tune...just my opinion, seen you say stuff on other posts that had to do with male/female subjects and you did the same but like i said...thats my opinion

I've said time and time again in my previous posts here I thought she deserved what she got and maybe more. I'm not seeing where you think I'm a feminist, especially since your post just agreed with everything I had said before. I'm wondering if you read what I wrote??? My only disagreement was justifying cheating, and I did not agree with that. Gender does not matter to me, murder is murder and an individual should be punished the same to the fullest! Cheating is cheating, if you're gonna do it, end things with your significant other before wandering on them. Two totally separate issues addressed.

~Jill

(heehee you're calling the girl who posted a picture of her bruised buttox up here a feminist... heeheehee )