View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 01:24 PM   #12
surfbeast
Registered Member

To make that 96 auto run in the 12's you need a new tranny that can handle the power! A performance Automatic or Art Carr should do and a blower with P.I. heads and the FRP intake. add some gears and a chip and your looking at the 13's. That's right you aint making the 12's. YOU ARE DREAMING! but dreaming is GOOD. that is what it takes ( plus alot of cash ) to make your dream come true. You will not make the 12's with you present engine or tranny no matter what bolt ons etc. you add. It sounds like you are reading the mags and taking the MAX Hp gains from each bolt on and adding that to your base 215 HP. The adds LIE! you will not get 25hp from a CIA or 30+ hp from a chip and so on. Read alot and think long term. Also, get ready to get you AZZ burned by alot of cars while you are reaching your goal. There is always someone with a faster car!

Later.

My car has the blower, exhaust,, jadda jadda.... with a fully manual auto tranny and I am not close to 12's. P.I. heads and intake are next.... My dream continues!!!