MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-01-2001, 12:31 AM   #1
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Post ****** !

I took my car into get painted a week ago, and it was finished today.. I couldnt wait to get it and come home and put on all the new Saleen decals, so I went to go pick it up and literally 10min after I got it this idiot woman in an SUV backs up into me! Smahes the blinker and crumples the side panel a little. The passenger door wont open anymore either!

I was pissed, now I have to go through all the insurance bull **** again and take it back to have it all fixed.
Seems like it was pullin a little to the right on the way home on the freeway too.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS Heads, Edelbrock intake, E-303, 3.73's, 1 5/8 shortys, Offroad-H, 2chamber flows, 36psi FPR, 15degrees timing, 70mm tb, 73mm maf, 24lb inj, Crank pulley, MSD6A, Alum driveshaft.

Added: B&M Ripper, Subframes, & Turndowns.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 12:54 AM   #2
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Man dude that sucks! I would've gone off on her!

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 02:06 AM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

that just might be the $hittiest thing Ive ever heard.....that sucks!

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 05:09 AM   #4
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Angry

That bites big time, but I know how you're feeling.

3 days after I bought my '88 GT, the car I saved for 2 years to get, some idiot smashed the back quarter and basically totalled the car out.

I just about killed him, after putting the pieces together he was actually trying to commit insurance fraud. Still, I had to take him to court and won only 50% of the damages.

Just unbolt the fender a little and try and pull it forward a little, that should fix the door problem temporarily, but have it estimated before you do that. Stupid <insert appropriate word here>
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 05:43 AM   #5
smooth
Registered Member

that totally sucks so bad. i know nothing we say on here will do anything to 'soothe your wounds' but i'll tell you it would sure piss me off. hope everything turns out alright.
smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 09:17 AM   #6
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Angry

Yeah Sky, sorry to hear about that. Good luck getting everything worked out.

Maybe you could use the extra time to build up one bad a$$ 351 stroker motor?

E

------------------
1991 5.0 LX Coupe -37,800 miles

13.17 @ 106.14 mph w/ 2.138 60'

Pro-Charger D-1SC on the way!!!

[This message has been edited by 302 LX Eric (edited 02-01-2001).]
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 11:49 AM   #7
Stefan
Registered Member

Are you sure your neck doesn't hurt? (wink, wink)... whiplash is so hard to contest. That should be good to squeeze a few grand out of her

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
Both are slow but easy on the eyes!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 12:39 PM   #8
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Oh noo that does suck... same thing happened to my roommate... someone sideswiped him and he went to get it fixed and when it was done, about 2 hours later, a lady ran a red light and he t-boned her totalling it! The only consolation was, it was a fireturd (a nice one, though!) and he replaced it with a 12 second '91 Mustang LX!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 02:25 PM   #9
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Hearing stuff like this always makes me sad Those soccer moms in their SUV's!! Can't drive to begin with, so they go out and buy a big, heavy, slow, roling death trap that they can't see out of. I will never understand it. I bet she was talking on her cell phone too. Light Em Up !!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 05:24 PM   #10
Rev
Registered Member

Sorry to hear this Sky, but at least she has insurance. Could have been some dufus without it. I know it's still bad, but could be worse. Hope it all works out OK.

Rev
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 07:52 PM   #11
Skyman

Thanks guys, I was just about to come home and take some pics of it to send to you guys here.

Insurance appraisers are coming tomrrow morning, so this shits gonna get fixed right.
I gotta get an engine stand, and I'm gonna start the 351 build up as soon as possible.

Skyler

------------------
TFS Heads, Edelbrock intake, E-303, 3.73's, 1 5/8 shortys, Offroad-H, 2chamber flows, 36psi FPR, 15degrees timing, 70mm tb, 73mm maf, 24lb inj, Crank pulley, MSD6A, Alum driveshaft.

Old 02-01-2001, 09:19 PM   #12
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

ok... this HAS to make you feel better! When I turned 16, my dad gave me the keys, gas card, and insurance card to my 68 Fastback. I was hot **** in that car!!! Anyways, 2 weeks after i had started driving, the belt broke and slapped the gas line. Well a nice fire developed from the premiem fuel and additives on the distributor. I was like "ohhh **** ! They didn't teach me about this in drivers ed!!!" Anyways, I'll spare the gory details... but in the end I took her home and now she's better than ever!!! Just like yours will be

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback
Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 10:05 PM   #13
69fastback
IRAQ VET

That really sucks going to court and stuff like that is worse I got rearended back in dec of 98 and it is just barley going to court. I had to got to the doctor for two months almost everyday after that happened. Hope i will get a couple of grand out of it and get me some new parts. Good luck

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 mark III
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 10:49 PM   #14
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

That is really Sh*tty Sky, but Rev is right, at least she had insurance. Some idiot turned on red and screwed up my mom's car about 5 years ago. He had no insurance, because he claimed he was indigent(very poor).

Well anyway he didn't have to pay and the car was still drivable(it was 86 chevy eurosport which is basically a fancy lumina so it was gettin old anyway, but it was actually a nice car in its day)

About a year later we saw this assh*le about once a week at the library since we live across the street from it. He was driving a brand spanking new chevy minivan. What a lying bast*rd!

------------------
1991 GT, AOD, Moroso Cold Air, 3.73s, March pulleys, 3-chamber(the left one fell off-NO time+No Money=College), FMS c-springs, and KYBs
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 11:15 PM   #15
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev:
Sorry to hear this Sky, but at least she has insurance. Could have been some dufus without it. I know it's still bad, but could be worse. Hope it all works out OK.

Rev
I had only had my car about 5 hours and a drunk driver hit me in the rear, I flipped out on him and the police hauled him away before all hell broke loose. He had MAIF insurance and was a repeat ofender I had to fork the money out for a new valance and stuff and fight him for the money, I voliated his probation and put his *** in jail after he never paid me the money when it was due, I hope he is still going to AA meetings because of me. Hope her insurance compaty treats you good, the paint was brand new the really don't have a lot to dispute

------------------
My Ride Check Out My Site 91GT, Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60",Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes, 2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe, 2 1/2" cat back, 12" K&N Filter, RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air, Ron Davis Radiator, Full Suspension,3:73's, Welds, Best on new motor-12.60 @ 108, no traction 1.98
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 11:44 PM   #16
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Don' t know what to say other than that sucks. Hope you car is better than ever when you get it back!!
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 01:52 AM   #17
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

That is honestly one of the saddest mustang stories I have ever heard

I know that you were really looking forward to getting your stang home.

I wish you luck, I am sure it will be fixed just perfect, once again

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com
STORED: 1988 Mustang GT "Canadian Cobra", stock, AOD, loaded
WANT XENON HEADLIGHTS AND WHITE FACE GAUGES? Visit my site:
http://www.stangpower.com

88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 10:47 PM   #18
KillaZ350
Registered Member

Angry

I would have really went off on her for that BS, seems like nice fast cars are magnets for econoboxes and SUVs to run into. Id like to take this as an oppertinuty to show off my new paint job, well its about 2 monthes new, and a week after i got it done someone somehow ran into my back bumper and rubbed some paint off, i buffed it out to where you can BARLEY tall its a lighter shade of black but still im the only one that has knows about, but it still makes me burn up. I park ALL by my self int he middle of nowhere and some idiot still mananges to hit me

------------------
1991 Z28 Camaro L98
5.7L T.P.I
Blk ext/grey lthr int
http://josh.swoca.net/board/kamaro/
KillaZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 02:41 AM   #19
Skyman

Yeah, that black on black really looks nice!

Well I took it into the body shop today. Should be out next week.. I think I should be compensated for my inconvience though.

Skyler

------------------

Old 02-03-2001, 02:28 PM   #20
stang_girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NoSlow5.0:
Hearing stuff like this always makes me sad Those soccer moms in their SUV's!! Can't drive to begin with, so they go out and buy a big, heavy, slow, roling death trap that they can't see out of. I will never understand it. I bet she was talking on her cell phone too. Light Em Up !!!

that's exacty what i was thinking!!
i hope that when i get my 67 painted that nothing happens to it the way things have happened to the people here.
i'm sorry that has just got to suck.
but it's okay she'll get better.
good luck with the insurance campany.

------------------
1967 mustang coupe
'just one of the guys'
stang_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: