MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-29-2002, 10:09 AM   #1
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Angry aahhhggg i wrecked my car!

just when i thought it couldnt get worse, i was driving to work last night,my left front tire blew out, & i slammed into a guardrail shearing off my front end! aahhh,then this cop is in my face, asking me if i was drunk at least 5 times, i usually respect cop's but this moron didnt get it after i answered him ,NO 5 times, then the wrecker co.slams me with a 175.00 tow bill not counting storage. geez sorry i just had to vent.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 10:59 AM   #2
Rebel79
News Editor

Aww man that sucks! I hope insurance will pay for a new car! Are you ok?
Rebel Racing. Home of Bay Area Mustangs
Rebel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 11:08 AM   #3
mustangdani55
Registered Member

OH NO!!!
Not your pretty stang..me sticks out bottom lip...
Are you OK? I assume you don't drink, from your reaction to that stupid cop.

How is Odie? I have been out having really severe headaches..migranes, caused by STRESS,
I was at home monday, and John came in and asked me, why are you bleeding out your nose? I don;t know what to do. I really can't afford to go to the doctor, cause I have no insurance.. Don't mind me, I'm just scared..
We wanna see pics of the car when you get em. OK?
Take care, and talk to ya L8R
Old 01-29-2002, 11:08 AM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Man that totally sucks! I remember when my car got hit, I was really upset and pissed.

The main thing is that you are ok, you can always buy another mustang, but it's kinda hard to buy another body.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 11:12 AM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy Owch!

Marty:

Sorry to hear about your accident and car damage.
It happens to all of us but it stinks all the same. At least you didn't hit another vehicle and no one was injured. The cop sounds like an idiot...a breathalyzer test would have answered his question if he really thought you had been drinking. Obviously, he didn't or he would have made you take one. Just being dense, I guess.

Glad you're O.K. and hope the 'Stang is easily repairable with no serious damage - just sheet metal and plastic.

BTW: Were the tires bad or did you just hit a nail or something?
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 11:15 AM   #6
69fastback
IRAQ VET

wow marty that really sucks. I hope u are ok. Are they going to fix the car or u going to get a new one. Insurance is really going to go sky high. My dad wrecked his 2000 mustang and all he needed was a new hood and his insurance jumped way up.

Hey email me with ur address I lost it and i will mail off those 2ID patches that u wanted.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 11:22 AM   #7
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

man that sucks .......hopfully your ins will cover it all ........if they do they should reimburse you for the towing bill .

.........man when it rains it pours,........just remember a storm only lasts so long ,then the sun comes back out............the important thing is your ok ,you can allway's get the stang fixed or get a new one
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 12:02 PM   #8
89LXFLEA
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Marty are you ok?????
man that sucks if you need anthing
just holler.
things will get better!!!!!!!

FLEA
89LX 302 C4 4:10GEAR X CAM,GT40
IRON HEADS,PERFORMER RPM 650
HOLLEY NO STALL YET, GRIFFEN RADIATOR,MAC EQUAL LENGTH SHORTIES,H-PIPE,PRO DUMPS NOW
IT IS A LITTLE FASTER AT 12.94@106.38
RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER # 47
89LXFLEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 02:08 PM   #9
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Damn those Firestones!!!! j/k

I hate to see these posts pop up, especially on the cool members of this site. I know things have been going like crap for you lately, I hope the car can be fixed.

If not, you can always get a Cobra ?

Best of luck,

Kell
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 04:04 PM   #10
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

DUDE! That bites! I hope you are ok and that the insurance will help you out. I hate to see a Mustang out of commission.

Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 04:59 PM   #11
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

thanks guy's im ok just sprained my wrist trying to get crazy to turn right , i looked at him this morning i think it's reparable im just p.o.ed at getting screwed by the towing co. my boy will be back on the road or i am getting a yellow 01 gt those ------ goodyear gatorback's suck 3 blowout's in one year this one hurt though,thank's for your reply's but i still put odie as my priority, time to break out the old 87 f- 150, greg i will send you my addy tomorrow.mw folk's are the best. ,at least im alive so i thank god for that. l8ter everyone, wwhhoo what a ride that was, dont wanna do it again though.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 05:58 PM   #12
PKRWUD

Marty, just think of it this way: we all have good luck and bad luck, but in the end, it all balances out. That being said, you might want to think about going to Las Vegas pretty soon. A landslide of good fortune must be heading your way!

I'm just happy that you're okay. Cars can be replaced. Friends like you can't.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 08:05 PM   #13
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Unhappy

Yeah, these types of posts strike a nerve of gut wrenching agony (along with the "My stang got stolen", "Someone keyed my car", etc posts). Man, I'm glad you're alright.
Hopefully insurance will take care of most of it. Sorry to hear that dude...
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 08:16 PM   #14
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Unhappy

I'm sorry to hear that Marty! I hope you're doing well!

Wrecks are horrible. I wrecked my car last August and it absolutely blew ***. But, like everyone has said, all that matters is that you're ok. The car is either fixable or replaceable. I replaced my car. And maybe, just maybe, it was meant to happen to me. Because I'm going to end up with a car that's better than my coupe was! Maybe it'll turn out the same for you!

Good luck, Marty! I hope things turn out the way you want them to!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 08:16 PM   #15
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

I'm just happy that you're okay. Cars can be replaced. Friends like you can't.

I couldn't have said it any better then u did Chris

Marty, man that really sucks. I know you have been having really bad luck lately but it always gets better. I had a bad december 2 car wrecks (1 my fault, 1 wasn't) plus i got forced out of school by the vp(ended up for the better cause now i ahve the money to pay off the stang which means i will be getting it fixed now). The insurance company will take care of you though and it will be as good as new. Marty with 3 blow outs in a year i would start looking for anwsers. What is with ford and their tire selections anyways?????????

JAMES
Old 01-30-2002, 12:29 AM   #16
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Glad to hear you are ok.
Like someone else mentioned, I think I would be finding out what the problem is with that particular tire.
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 02:07 AM   #17
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy I'M GLAD YUR OKAY!!! :( :)

Hi Marty!!! I was about to go to bed early FOR A CHANGE, and saw your post!!!!!!! DAMN!!! I"M SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BLOWOUT!!!! I'M GLAD YOUR OKAY!!!! I had one too in Topless last year @ about 70mph. and didnt even know it!!! Guess I should consider myself VERY LUCKY!!!
Ya. the way ya'lls year has started out...just know IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER!!!!!!! What do you think your gonna do about yur car? Are you really thinking of getting a newer one???? Whatever you decide to do...the Flows are yours if you want them. Between working, packing, and now with show season gearing up....I'm swamped. I PROMISE I will send them to you if you still want them! I really want you to have them! They would go on a 2001 too!!! (right?) I'm tied up for the next few weekends between shows and moving, but on one of my days off, i'll make it to the place to ship them!!!!!
Thank GOD your okay and I'm SOOOOO SORRRRYYYYY to hear about your accident!!! Thats ALWAYS hard to hear. Especially when it happens to special people in thier special cars!!!!!
KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!!!! And if you ever need anything, or a little moral support, ya'll can call me anytime.....
Tell Odie hi for me and I hope she is feeling well!!!!! I'm keeping ya'll in my prayers!!!!!!!! Take care of each other!!!!!
Your friend, Christine

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 04:00 AM   #18
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Damn that sucks! Was it the new GT?

Yeah I like what Chris says, good luck is coming your way... Maybe you can make that insurance check a start on a 2003 390hp cobra :-D

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 04:17 AM   #19
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Default I should be asleep!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Skyman
... Maybe you can make that insurance check a start on a 2003 390hp cobra :-D

Skyler
OOHHHH>>> can you still use the flows???? they got yur name on them!!! Lemme know!!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 12:46 PM   #20
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Marty.

Hello Crazy Horse, I didnt see this thread till today. Dont know what were I've been.

Sorry to hear about your accident man, I know that had to be a fright. Glad to hear you escaped serouis injury. The car can be repaired or replaced.

I know this is not what you needed at this time in your life, but hey, it only makes you stronger.

Hows Oddie doing? She doing okay? She seems like a tuff cookie, and is probably doing A-okay. Your a pretty tuff one to man, so I know you can hang in there. No doubt about that.

If it makes you feel better, Monday, I almost ran through the Perimeter fence at work with the Ford L-8000 Yard tractor. I about caught my pants on fire with a cigarette, and mashed the gas. Opps..Then applied the Air Parking brakes, slid to a stop, jumped out and began to beat against my mid section while my pants were smoldering. I'll have to post that one in better detail one of these days when I get a chance to.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote