MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #1
SubsonicBulldog
Registered Member

Default Advice Please

Hello everyone I'm new to this board, and I'm hoping to get some advice on purchasing a new mustang. I'm 28 and have never owned a new vehicle, and I'm crazy about the look of the new mustangs. Within the next couple of months I'll be selling my house and I want to spend between 40 and 45k, can someone tell me what some of my better options are for packages i.e Roush, Saleen... I really don't know much about them, I'm just looking for the most bang for my buck. Thanks
SubsonicBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
BLACK85GT
Registered Member

Default Re: Advice Please

I like the tough look of the saleens. Best thing is to go to some dealers(without the check book) and drive some different models. Then you can see exactly what you are getting for the money. Dont impulse buy, shop around and you will form your opinion. And dont settle for color or options because thats the one they have on the lot at the time. Wait for the one you want and you wont regret it later.
Go to FordVehicles.com and compare them after you drive them. Ask about the GT500(I think?) that will be coming out.
5.0, Holley heads, 1.7 Scorp Rockers, Stealth intake, Holley 600 carb, Holley Mech. Fuel pump, MSD 6Digital, MSD distributor, Hotchkis upper/lower rear control arms, FMS B Springs, 3:73 (8.8) rear.
Production # 9,377
BLACK85GT is offline   Reply With Quote