MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-27-2002, 01:46 PM   #21
scott93gt
Registered Member

As an Air Force Veteran, I can appreciate the "humor" in this thread. I would like to point out that all of the "humor" has come from the members of other branches of service. Jealousy??? I didn't sit behind a desk during my enlistment. Instead, as a jet engine mechanic I spent my time soaked to the arm pits in jet fuel and jet engine oil. As for leaving work early, I worked more overtime than I ever thought possible fixing engines that broke down at the worst possible times, Friday nights 10 minutes before the end of my shift.

I agree with SMOKE, be proud to be a member of the best military in the world, reguardless of the branch. We need 4 branches of service because we need different things from each. They all compliment eachother. Where would our troops overseas be without the support of supply planes, flown by the Air Force?

One thing I distincly remember from my time in the service is this, I swore the exact same oath that EVERY other military person has sworn and that was to defend this country to the death. Whether I run 25 miles with 95 lbs or not, I swore I would die to preserve all the rights and freedoms of this country and I would do it all over again in a minute!

Just my $0.02.
5 speed, Hurst Competition Plus, 3 chamber Flows, 3.08's.

2010 VW GTI 2dr 6MT
(no pictures yet)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
scott93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 12:12 AM   #22
1989GT
Registered Member

Shogun, We currently have 6 Air Force personnel working here on Camp Page in Korea. They work the contol tower. And I know for a fact that they get some sort of substandard living pay. Honestly whatever branch you serve in or served, be proud of that. 3 Days left in korea!!!
-Ryan

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 12:19 AM   #23
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangII460
Air Force = Nancy Boys

If you want to be ragged on forever after you get out, go ahead and join.

Go Army!

Theres just nothing like getting to blow crap up and having to walk 27 miles with a 95 lb back pack to do it Its what men are made from.

Bragging rights,,priceless!
Army? i thought MARINES......
Old 11-28-2002, 12:41 AM   #24
PKRWUD

Okay, the important issue is getting overlooked here;

3 miles in 21 minutes? Running? Hmmm. Well, I look at it this way: Everytime I see someone jogging, I think to myself: "Poor guy, can't afford a bicycle", and every time I see someone riding a bike, i think to myself: "Poor guy, can't afford a car".

I'd look for a branch of the service that at least pays you enough so that you can afford a bicycle, or better yet, a car.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 06:46 PM   #25
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD

I'd look for a branch of the service that at least pays you enough so that you can afford a bicycle, or better yet, a car.
Priceless.
SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 08:37 PM   #26
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

US. ARMY RULES!

USAF #2

Last edited by mustangII460; 11-28-2002 at 08:53 PM..
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 01:07 AM   #27
Shogun
Registered Member

Quote:
Shogun, We currently have 6 Air Force personnel working here on Camp Page in Korea. They work the contol tower. And I know for a fact that they get some sort of substandard living pay. Honestly whatever branch you serve in or served, be proud of that. 3 Days left in korea!!!
Relax folks, I thought we were just pokin fun.....Hey, 1989GT I don't doubt these guys are getting some kind of pay or other, AF tends to give money in place of cushy enviorments. As a of fact I at first thought of going with the Army "High school to flight school" program, but went to the AF instead. As for being proud to serve...well if your not, you shouldn't be in my miltary! Otherwise, why do you think we (branches) rag on one another? Because there is NO other military in the world worthy of it! Meaning, look at the best sports teams out there, you lovem or hatem, same with our military, having the most well trained, technologically advanced, fighting force on the planet getting psyched for the fight. Just as sports player do before a game. We dog one another to get fired up! Of course most of the time we don't mean what is said, it is just fun to get a rise out of someone from another branch. Dose that make sense? I hope so.. AIR FORCE!
Proud RHC member #99
1990 Mustang GT Trick Flow heads,F303,Mac cold air,FMS 65mm tb,73mm ma,FMS 1.6,GT-40 intake,MSD igintion,NOS Big Shot@150,Mac equal shorties,Mac h-pipe,American Thunder flows,Centerforce dual friction,TTC 3550,alm drive shaft, 3.73's, HPM subframes, k-member brace, strut tower brace.. amongst others.
Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: