Thread: Airbags suck
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 07:57 PM   #30
Mach 1
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unit 5302
but I still don't see the reason I should pay more for my car because people like Dark 5.0 think airbags are worthwhile due to the concept they have the capability of possibly saving those who don't feel like wearing a seatbelt.[/QUOTE

Your not paying more for your car because Dark 5.0 happens to like air bags. Im not so sure that airbags have ever caused the price of cars to go up...I didnt notice a large increase in auto prices when airbags became standard equipment.

If you want to blame somebody, blame the government beauracies that force auto makers to make these things standard equipment, not Dark 5.0. This country is overly "safty concious" to the point of being ridiculous. You can really see it in some work environments.

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302

Since it would seem we're in agreement, are you also calling yourself stupid?
I dont follow you, sorry. Where do we appear to be in agreement, and how does this relate to calling myself stupid? I said you made a stupid comment, and I havent changed my opinion on that issue.

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302

For those who don't want to wear seatbelts, fine by me. I propose a new insurance plan. You can disclose that information to the insurance company, and pay a highly elevated premium, giving people like me a nice discount. Should a person be in an accident where they're not wearing a seatbelt after claiming they do for better insurance rates, the insurance company can limit it's liability, and that person can be forced to pay out of pocket for medical expenses most likely related to that choice.
Insurance companies are some of the biggest crooks out there. Thats why we all pay high premiums.
I would think its safe to say that most people do wear seat belts these days. Rarely do I ever ride in a car with somebody who doesnt wear one other than myself. In fact, I cant remenber the last time I saw somebody not wear a seat belt other than my parents, which is wear I got the bad habit of not using one.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote