MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2002, 08:46 PM   #1
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Default To all you Canadians out there...9/11

I've got something on my mind and I need to say it.

As we approach this first anniversary of the destruction of the twin towers by those sub-human bottom feeders we call terrorists, the TV is crowded with specials, documentaries, and tributes to those who were killed or affected by the attacks. Just as I was beginning to think I've seen and heard every story (or one exactly like it) two or three times, I turn to PBS and hear one I hadn't heard before.

This documentary follows those American citizens on the hundreds of in-bound international flights that were diverted to Canada after the attacks. The story tells of people who had little or no information of what was happening at first. Most were told that they were diverting due to mechanical difficulties. However, when they landed and saw international aircraft from all over the world surrounding them, they knew that wasn't the case. Some were told at first only that the United States had been attacked. This horrifyingly incomplete answer was slowly added to over the next 24-30 hours that many had to remain on their aircraft. Next, they were slowly off-loaded and crowded into jam-packed airports to flock around televisions for news.

Here's the part that struck me. At airports all over Canada's seaboard where aircraft had been diverted, buses began arriving. Passengers were herded onto busses and driven to nearby towns, schools, clubs, and churches. There they were given a bed to sleep in, warm food, toiletries, and a chance to get some form of rest. Canadians came by the hundreds to volunteer their time, their work, their food, their supplies, and their love and friendship to American citizens who were stranded thousands of miles from home while their nation mourned and prepared for the uncertain future.

I just wanted to say "thank you" to all the Canadians on this site. God bless all of you who mourned as we mourned and watched in horror as we did at the events of 9/11. And especially "thank you" to all those who gave a little bit of home to those of our country stranded far from their homes and families. Despite all the joshing and bantering we do at one another's expense, I am thankful that we have neighbors who are willing to arise to the occasion and help their neighbors in need.

I will forever remember were I was, exactly how I felt, and all of my thoughts of that day. I'm sure each of you will as well.

Once again, God bless you all from the bottom of my heart.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT

Last edited by silver_pilate; 09-11-2002 at 03:18 PM..
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote